PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablosport predator help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Diablosport predator help please!!!

I have a problem... I have 2 05 gto's but one diablosport predator tuner. I don't want to buy 2 of them does anyone know how I can use one tuner for both cars? any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had one of those way back when. They are mated to your VIN if I recall. You'd need to contact the company you bought it from and see if they could make it work for you.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the reply I will follow the advice.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:16 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

you can't... you'd have to have two separate predators if you wanted both cars to be tuned at the same time...

no way to do it, no way around it, period. they are locked to the car's VIN and can only be used on that car it's locked to.

to tune the other car, you'd have to restore the original backup to car #1 to unlock the predator, and then you could use it on car #2.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 12-15-2008, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

sell the predetor and have some tune the car that predator **** is a waste of money
Old 12-15-2008, 04:29 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bad lad
sell the predetor and have some tune the car that predator **** is a waste of money
And thank you for your words of wisdom.

Apparently you have no clue as to our tuning capabilities, maybe you should look into it a bit before you make statements like that.

Lets try this one for starters:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...ottom-end.html

Only 786 rwhp on a stock bottom end, and its still alive, being driven daily in fact. Even just drove it up to the PRI show from down here in sofla, over 200 miles each way. Flashed with a lowly Predator....
Old 01-08-2009, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

for the money the predetor is the best handheld and they have great customer service for tuning question.some people dont think before they speak.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 94-lt1
for the money the predetor is the best handheld and they have great customer service for tuning question.some people dont think before they speak.
word im on my second, and for the shadetree tuner its great, but if you multiple vehicles then get hpt.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1bad lad
I use a Predator and have had great luck with it. Yep, it only does what it advertises on its own but I have Rick at STS do my custom tuning for me. I use my Predator and wideband to complete a feedback sheet that I e-mail to STS and once they build my tune, they e-mails it back to me. I upload it to my Predator then into my car. It is way better (imo) than regular mail order and there's no mailing your ecm back and forth. I usually get my new tune the next day and he never misses as long as my feedback is correct.

So, unless you have a tuning shop near you or you want to use HP, Efilive etc., it's a damn good way to go. There are many CMR shops around that can send tunes via e-mail. Pretty simple and completely effective. The real time data is helpful, too.

So, 1 bad load, define your idea of ****....... Nevermind, who gives a ****.