Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator tuners help and questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Predator tuners help and questions

Ok first off I read and read again the predator tuning sticky and all possible links. Ok my question is according to non WOT LTFT's. I have a couple days of established so far and my LTFT is reading +23-25%. In the tuning section I read that I need I need to adjust my injector slope to add fuel to level out my LTFT? I am nowhere near 0-2% I read it is supposed to be. After I get the non WOT fueling better I can work on the WOT. Also if it means anything my o2 readings are reading between 720 and 830. This I think means I am lean which probably explains the +25% LTFT. If I need to be more clear please let me know and thanks for the help.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default High LTFTs

You might have an intake or an exhaust leak.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Staging Lane

Is your car modded enough to where the fuel trims being that far off (without the proper tune) would make sense?

Otherwise an exhaust leak would make sense. Your O2s might be seeing fresh air from an exhaust leak which tells the computer (falsely) that you're running lean which would cause it to add a bunch of fuel (+25 is kinda a lot). I think my car will throw a code if either bank is +/- 15.

If your O2 sensors are reading .720-.830 at WOT you could be way lean (again unless you have an exhaust leak where the fresh air is hitting your O2s). You should probably stop going WOT until you get your trims in check 1st, or get a wideband hooked up and try to figure out what is actually going on.

You CAN get a car tuned decent-ish with a predator and narrowband O2s.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Teching In

Are you reading STFT or LTFT? the big sweep in numbers sounds like STFT's...

Take another look as on my older diablo the stft and ltft are right next to each other for both banks.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:11 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Breathing Fire
Ok first off I read and read again the predator tuning sticky and all possible links. Ok my question is according to non WOT LTFT's. I have a couple days of established so far and my LTFT is reading +23-25%. In the tuning section I read that I need I need to adjust my injector slope to add fuel to level out my LTFT? I am nowhere near 0-2% I read it is supposed to be. After I get the non WOT fueling better I can work on the WOT. Also if it means anything my o2 readings are reading between 720 and 830. This I think means I am lean which probably explains the +25% LTFT. If I need to be more clear please let me know and thanks for the help.
Do you have a newer Predator that datalogs?

If so, make a nice cruise log and post it up on our forums, we'll get it figured out.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok checked for exhaust leaks and couldn't find any. Had a manifold crack recently while putting new o2's in. That problem is fixed tho. There is one spot in the back that I can see carbon on the outside of the pipe, but it is where the pipe goes over the panhard. It had a few miles on the clock so I figured I'd get new o2's just to rule that out. One thing I was thinking is that with the predator tune that comes with the predator could it be that it is designed for 28# inj? I know mine has 26's. If it was tuned for 28's that would create a lean condition correct?
Old 08-11-2009, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh and thanks all for your help.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The Predator knows what size stock injectors you have....
Old 08-11-2009, 06:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OK thanks. I have the one that can do the real time data, but I don't know if it can log. It can do the cot and air and egr and rear o2 delete.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ok, well if you are able to disable all those codes, then it's not a new version, so no - you can't save data logs...

but yeah, with ltft's being THAT high, there's gotta be leaks somewhere... intake, vacuum, exhaust...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 08-11-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok actually found a leak at the tube that goes into the side of the TB. Fixed that and believe it or not I never noticed how rough it idled until I fixed it. Anyway can I send my unit in or can I use the pc connect to upgrade my unit. Oh and thanks a lot for your help.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:51 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

a-HA!! cool!! found the problem... nice!!

yeah, you would have to send it to diablosport, and pay to get it upgraded to the newer version, so that you could save logs, do the internet updates, etc etc...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 08-11-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OK cool i'll look over there for some info. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:05 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

here's the info on their upgrade program:

http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...wtopic&t=10946

Old 08-12-2009, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank you Monte for your help. Very much appreciated!