Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning software?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 08:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning software?

How does the SCT ProRacer tuning software compare to LS1 Edit and HPTuners in terms of capability and how user friendly are the user interfaces? Thanks.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's rough... without outside software it seems like it would be individual cell tuning.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Frost
It's rough... without outside software it seems like it would be individual cell tuning.
How much experience do you have with SCT software?

It is far from being rough, i have found it easier to navigate than most other software out there. There are many descriptions to help you navigate throughout the software.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:10 PM
FormerVendor

My experience is only three cars deep, but I made multiple requests for info and support from you guys and never got any of it. Then, months later, one of your sales guys got up with me but that was well after the cars were done and gone. I don't care so much about table descriptions (we know what they are), I care about functionality and practicality. I called, I emailed, and I PM'd a guy from your company on here about it (he did reply and tell me that someone would get in touch) when I had your handheld in front a C6Z back at the beginning of this year. You left me hanging.

I was present for the removal of your programmer from a 2010SS last week that had trans issues on the canned tune and with the updated file that was sent. I used other software to tune the car in the end.

If it does work then tell me this, how would I log and tune the MAF on something new with no wideband interface on your device and no way to plot MAF error (AFR or even STFT % error against MAF output freq)? The ability to tune VE just plain doesn't exist that I can see either besides the coefficient access. You can't do much on that alone ya know.

Tell me I'm wrong and you have a table-oriented [histogram] system to log error so that it wouldn't have to be done one cell at a time and I would be glad to give it another shot. I never saw anything of the sort, but then, I did ask for help with it...

Last edited by Frost; 05-04-2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: spelling!
Old 05-04-2010, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

There really is only 2 products on the market for GEN3 & GEN4 tuning
One is EFILive and the other I forgot the name of.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How many shops threw their hands up in praise and tossed their SCT rubbish in the trash when HPT released Ford support? I reckon it would have been alot.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

X2 !

Originally Posted by shoemike

There really is only 2 products on the market for GEN3 & GEN4 tuning
One is EFILive and the other I forgot the name of.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:54 PM
11 Second Club

I've had good luck with HPT Pro and a LC-1 wideband. I'm just a slow ironblocked car
Old 05-07-2010, 08:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by macca_779
How many shops threw their hands up in praise and tossed their SCT rubbish in the trash when HPT released Ford support? I reckon it would have been alot.
None of the shops that I tune for. We have been struggling using HPT on several of the Fords - read/write errors, conflicts, no access to certain parameters, etc...

I prefer the HPT inteface, but the SCT software/burner setup is still better on the Fords..... I can't say much for SCT's jaunt into the LSx world though.