Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best ecu for twin turbo project? 24x reluctor

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default best ecu for twin turbo project? 24x reluctor

getting ready to wire up the car and not sure what engine computer to go with.

currently 24x
4l80e trans
ls2 throttle body (fly by wire)
knock sensors in valley, but can use the newer style on block sides if need be

I would prefer to run the smaller vs the larger 2 plug older units for packaging.

being able to use a factory GM flex fuel sensor would be a plus.

thoughts? Best software?

thanks.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Software to do it if you want to run oem, Is EFIlive on the turbo and boost stuff. The custom operating system for it is amazing. You can do alpha N, or Ve based, or maf based. It also does a lot of things with the scan tool to make tuning easy.

As for the computer you need to run, you will have to run a 2002 Camaro program set to start with I would guess, However, running a flex fuel sensor would not work, as the tables would not be there on the custom os stuff unfortunately, HOWEVER, you can run a flip switch and switch between 2 programs on the fly with EFIlive that would possibly help you.

12200411 is the computer part number, They are usually about 30-50 bucks.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Staging Lane

I was looking at running a 0411 with a TAC or a E40 with a T42

I have 3 complete cars i can rob parts from

99 corvette ls1 auto
05 corvette ls2 auto
03 silverado 2500 lq4 auto

(owning a salvage yard has its perks )

the E40 will work with the ls2 intake and 4 bolt throttle body (6 wire 90mm)

the 0411 will work with the ls1 intake and the stock truck 3-bolt throttle body (8 wire 75mm).

I read that you can run a 0411 computer out of a flex fuel vehicle (i forgot the serv no.) and be able to run the flex fuel sensor which is what the long term goal is
Old 03-08-2013, 10:56 AM
TECH Addict

The flex fuel vehicle wont let you do a custom operating system. The room needed for the extra tables eats up some of that space.

As for the 0411 ecm, you can run 102mm intakes on them and fast intakes, and turbo intakes, ect..
Old 03-08-2013, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

ive seen some the x-link, but I prefer running OEM setups whenever available. Is it possible to run those setups on a 8 pin throttle body?

Also I read up on the 0411 ecm with E85 in threads similar to these below.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....-for-flex-fuel
http://www.pacificp.com/forum/viewto...0a1c3ae843bd0e
Old 03-08-2013, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

Just do some research for 2002 Camaro or corvette aftermarket parts. People run the 102mm without xlink all the time. Some even use the stock electronics of the corvette. I have never needed to run one of those Xlink..

Again, I never said you cant run e85 oem maps, what Im saying is, that you cant run a custom operating system that is needed for your setup and retain the e85 functions on the ecm. The wont work anymore. Also, the first thread you shown was talking about a different pcm number from a 2003 up ecm that has a blue and green connector and a 1meg flash type. However, even those wont work.

IF you have a 58x reluctor setup, then you can run e85 with a custom os, but you would have to change a lot of things and run the oem sensor.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by wait4me
Just do some research for 2002 Camaro or corvette aftermarket parts. People run the 102mm without xlink all the time. Some even use the stock electronics of the corvette. I have never needed to run one of those Xlink..

Again, I never said you cant run e85 oem maps, what Im saying is, that you cant run a custom operating system that is needed for your setup and retain the e85 functions on the ecm. The wont work anymore. Also, the first thread you shown was talking about a different pcm number from a 2003 up ecm that has a blue and green connector and a 1meg flash type. However, even those wont work.

IF you have a 58x reluctor setup, then you can run e85 with a custom os, but you would have to change a lot of things and run the oem sensor.
My original thought was getting the computers out of an original flex fuel vehicle with a 0411 pcm and running that in conjunction with the GM E85 sensor plumbed into the return line. Is what you're saying even though those were available in OEM application the EFI live or other software doesn't have a way of tuning it?

I can run a 58x engine, but then I would need to run the E38 computer correct? Could you go into more detail on that setup with E85 flex fuel capability?

thanks for all the help so far!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:59 AM
TECH Addict

Ok, "custom operating system" means we make it so the factory computer can see and setup for boost. If you don't run one, it is just harder to make everything work.
When you use e85 tables and sensor you cant run the custom operating system.
This is in reference to 411 ecms.
It is a one way or the other not both in your situation.

I commend you for wanting to use the e85 sensor, but in your configuration it wont work.

As for the 58x setup you would want to use the e67 controller setup. It has a lot of nice things to make your job easier including factory boosted applications and e85 capability.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:37 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Software to do it if you want to run oem, Is EFIlive on the turbo and boost stuff. The custom operating system for it is amazing. You can do alpha N, or Ve based, or maf based. It also does a lot of things with the scan tool to make tuning easy.
Can you provide some more info about this? Links?
Old 03-08-2013, 01:40 PM
TECH Addict

www.efilive.com is the address go to the download tab, download the v7.5 software, and ask someone on the EFIlive forum for a custom os starter bin file they are free all over the place, and it will show you the tables available.

If you cant find it, I can send you one later today.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:42 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

www.efilive.com is the address go to the download tab, download the v7.5 software, and ask someone on the EFIlive forum for a custom os starter bin file they are free all over the place, and it will show you the tables available.

If you cant find it, I can send you one later today.
Thanks for your time! You get the phone book when you search for stuff like this.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 98 Likes on 68 Posts

Ditch the factory drive by wire throttle body and ecu and run a pair of microsquirt ecu. One for the engine and another for the trans. Total cost about $800. About the same price as factory ecu software and a tune. No credits to buy and tuning while the engine is running. No custom operating system to pay for either. Works with flex fuel sensor and boosted too so no more credits to buy again. No over priced tacc module to buy either.

Just my opinion.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by aknovaman
Ditch the factory drive by wire throttle body and ecu and run a pair of microsquirt ecu. One for the engine and another for the trans. Total cost about $800. About the same price as factory ecu software and a tune. No credits to buy and tuning while the engine is running. No custom operating system to pay for either. Works with flex fuel sensor and boosted too so no more credits to buy again. No over priced tacc module to buy either.

Just my opinion.

To Correct for your pricing:

Gm computer $35 dollars from the right source.
Harness about $150 to 300 depending on where you get it done.
Custom operating systems thru EFIlive are free.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 98 Likes on 68 Posts

Not following on the efi live story.

How much is the initial cost of an efi live interface again? Are there no credits cost with efi live, ever and can it tune file and timing while the engine is running?

Good luck buying a tacc, pedal and dbw harness for $300. Imo
Old 03-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Banned

never could get to grips with those things.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by aknovaman
Not following on the efi live story.

How much is the initial cost of an efi live interface again? Are there no credits cost with efi live, ever and can it tune file and timing while the engine is running?

Good luck buying a tacc, pedal and dbw harness for $300. Imo
i own a salvage yard and I have plenty of them for about that price off of the trucks. The car ones are a little more.

Quick Reply: best ecu for twin turbo project? 24x reluctor