PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

has anyone got a custom tune by teamZR1?Looking for opinions

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone got a custom tune by teamZR1?Looking for opinions

Has anyone had a custom tune done by JR at team ZR1?I brought my car already modded h/c exaust, air intake amd previous owner had it tuned by Gforce in texas, previous owner assured me that the tune is safe but someone recommended team zr1 because I posted a question on here about how my car was smelling like gas real bad..I thought that maybe since my car had the cats removed that was the reason the car was smelling like gas coming out the tail pipes and someone said that it could be because it wasn't tuned right, anyways just for peice of mind I figured ill get it retuned.
Im going thru him now and he seems very knowledgeable and spent hours on the phone with me going over some stuff and teaching me how to use a gm scanner.
I was just wondering if any of you guys on here ever had a tune by him and if everything went well..

Thanks
Old 12-02-2013, 07:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For starters, you should check if the car has cats. The tune can definitely effect how much it smells, but if you have no cats.... you will always have some gas smell.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Realcanuk
For starters, you should check if the car has cats. The tune can definitely effect how much it smells, but if you have no cats.... you will always have some gas smell.
I don't have cats and I know I should expect some fuel smell but the smell is really bad compared to another catless corvette that I ran across
Old 12-02-2013, 03:19 PM
TECH Regular

Where are you located?
Old 12-03-2013, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by 2 Stroke Racer
Where are you located?
im lin new orleans
Old 12-03-2013, 09:58 AM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Have you talked to Geoff Skinner, in Baton Rouge?
Old 12-03-2013, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
Have you talked to Geoff Skinner, in Baton Rouge?
^^^ +1

I'm not saying that JR is not good at what he does (I don't even know him), but Geoff's abilities and knowledge are well documented and proven. I use his profiles and lobes in all of my builds, and have been VERY pleased with the results. Just look for Engine Power Systems, and you'll find him
Old 12-03-2013, 06:17 PM

Actually I have heard alot of good about Geoff Skinner and ive contacted him via PM(great guy)..only problem is that I work 7days 72 hours a week lol so I dont have time at all to take that 2 hour trip and go visit him other than that I would of supported my local tuning shop and went to him..ive heard alot of about JR even though he might be controversial but the people ive talked to that went thru him had plenty of good to say about him and since he can help me do the tuning thru email I figured ill give him a shot
Old 12-03-2013, 06:26 PM
9-Second Club

What could somebody in a different state do for you a guy 2 hours away couldn't?
Old 12-03-2013, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
What could somebody in a different state do for you a guy 2 hours away couldn't?
You know what im retarded. .for some crazy reason I thought I would have to bring my car to geoff to get it tuned.this is real new to me and my first modfied/fast car and I should of asked geoff if he can tune it with out me bringing it to him which now just thinking about it im sure he could of.
Its to late now because I got my pcm flash tool from jr already. .either way I heard they are both good at doing what they do so im sure everything works out
Old 12-03-2013, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

I love it when people ask for opinions on something after they already have made the decision to use what they want opinions on.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
I love it when people ask for opinions on something after they already have made the decision to use what they want opinions on.
it is what it is..I got the flash tool NOT THE TUNE and I havent paid for the tune just yet..thats why im on here asking for OPINIONS before I pull the trigger and pay for the tune.
So far the guys on the corvette fourms swear that hes one of the best out there so I figured ill ask her to get some more opinions..nothings final just yet but so far noone has anything negative to say about his work and I'll keep this thread up here for another week and see if people who actually had a tune done by him can chime in.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

People on the Vette forum swear by Chuck COW too.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:22 AM

Got home and opened up my FedEx box that jr sent me..
Attached Thumbnails has anyone got a custom tune by teamZR1?Looking for opinions-img_20131204_211616.jpg  
Old 12-09-2013, 12:04 AM

Default the findings my tuner found from the recording I sent him

I recorded my driving useing a gm scanner and after my tuner analyzed it the are the finding that he found. .he explained it thurlghy but I pretty much for got everything he said. .so for you tuners amd amature tuners what yall think about this?
Attached Thumbnails has anyone got a custom tune by teamZR1?Looking for opinions-muhammad-2.jpg   has anyone got a custom tune by teamZR1?Looking for opinions-trims.jpg  
Old 12-09-2013, 12:07 AM

This is from the previous people who tuned it not the guy that's suppose to be retuning it

Quick Reply: has anyone got a custom tune by teamZR1?Looking for opinions