Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

losing injector pulse

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 09:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default losing injector pulse

Hi i dont know if this is the right place to ask this but anyways.

Im working on a 67 corvette with a ls2 swap using a painless harness. the car ran fine for about a month prior to the issue and then sat for about 3 weeks. The battery was dead when it went to get fired up next so it got replaced.

The issue that is happening is the car well start up after sitting for about a day and run fine for about 5 min then shut off and if i try to start it again it just cranks over . the car well start and run off brake clean being sprayed in the intake. i have checked all powers and grounds going to the pcm, checked all the injector wires for continuity from pcm to injectors , i have power to all the injector wires, and when i try to start the vehicle it pulses 3 times before it kills the injector signal, the vats is disabled and have also changed the pcm and still has the same issue. it dont throw any codes when this happens . it only threw a code once between both pcms which was a po200 and has not came back since cleared. also all the injectors ohm out @ 12.5-13.2

any suggestions are appreciated
Old 05-15-2014, 09:38 AM
Teching In

Anyone?
Old 05-15-2014, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

Not familiar with your setup but it sure sounds like a VATS/security issue.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slowvw70
Hi i dont know if this is the right place to ask this but anyways.

Im working on a 67 corvette with a ls2 swap using a painless harness. the car ran fine for about a month prior to the issue and then sat for about 3 weeks. The battery was dead when it went to get fired up next so it got replaced.

The issue that is happening is the car well start up after sitting for about a day and run fine for about 5 min then shut off and if i try to start it again it just cranks over . the car well start and run off brake clean being sprayed in the intake. i have checked all powers and grounds going to the pcm, checked all the injector wires for continuity from pcm to injectors , i have power to all the injector wires, and when i try to start the vehicle it pulses 3 times before it kills the injector signal, the vats is disabled and have also changed the pcm and still has the same issue. it dont throw any codes when this happens . it only threw a code once between both pcms which was a po200 and has not came back since cleared. also all the injectors ohm out @ 12.5-13.2

any suggestions are appreciated
Have you checked/changed the crank sensor? Seen them go out after the engine gets warm which sounds similar to what yours is doing.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:30 AM
Teching In

Vats is disabled in both pcm's that I have just checked again with hp tuners.
Replaced crank sensor also still same issue.

after some more testing today i also found that if i disconnect the battery and swap the pcm it well fire up and run great no codes and no issues until i turn it off and try to restart the vehicle then it goes back to only pulsing the injectors 3 times then nothing . If i disconnect the battery and swap pcms again it well fire up and run until i shut it down again . I tried this 4 times just to see what would happen and have the same results every time.

Im running out of ideas as to what is going on ?
Old 01-01-2022, 03:20 PM
Teching In

Default Did you find an answer

Did you find your problem. I’m having the same issue and can’t figure it out for the life of Me.
Old 01-01-2022, 03:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,022 Likes on 2,353 Posts

Originally Posted by teamsmith
Did you find your problem. I’m having the same issue and can’t figure it out for the life of Me.
Dude, you're replying to a 7-year-old post. And that long since the OP was here too. Check post dates....
Old 01-01-2022, 03:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Dude, you're replying to a 7-year-old post. And that long since the OP was here too. Check post dates....
I know , I was just hoping he may still be around. His issues were the same as mine and other threads don’t seem to follow the same pattern

Quick Reply: losing injector pulse