PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So where is the OPTIMIZE Button ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default So where is the OPTIMIZE Button ?

So I have been looking at HP Tuners for a bit now, I think I will jump in when Ver 1.5 comes out.

And my stupid question is this, I know nothing about tuning, I suck alot, but with all the graphs and charts and the tables that HP Tuners shows it would seem after a half week of logging/computer relearning I should be able to press the magic OPTIMIZE button and changes will be made based on my the info my car logged compared to where things should be.

That make sense at all ?
Old 10-07-2004, 12:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy a predator or other hand help programmer. Your question has allready been answered
Old 10-07-2004, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's there. Press F13 on your keyboard.

Or just do lots of research and reading and learn from everyone else around here.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:51 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Scooter70
It's there. Press F13 on your keyboard.

Or just do lots of research and reading and learn from everyone else around here.
LMAO@the F13 button. Hey Scooter have anymore questions
Old 10-07-2004, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
LMAO@the F13 button. Hey Scooter have anymore questions
We'll see what happens when I put my latest VE table in and do some logging. That's probably not until this weekend.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Unfortunately, you're going to have to get by on
observation, analysis, intuition, and "learning from
mistakes".

Never a magic button around when you need one.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Jimmyblue said -- "Unfortunately, you're going to have to get by on
observation, analysis, intuition, and "learning from
mistakes".

You guys talking about HP tuners or women???
Old 10-07-2004, 03:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Analysis doesn't work with women.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
Analysis doesn't work with women.
Thank you. I just pissed my pants five minutes before I have to get up to leave work.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:32 AM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=Scooter70]It's there. Press F13 on your keyboard.QUOTE]

Bah, that doesn't work... Its Alt+F4
Old 10-08-2004, 11:08 AM
On The Tree

9 different replys and only jimmyblue offerered any type of explanation, the rest of ya think this Forum is a AOL Chat Room. I was talking about doing something different, the next logical step in programing our cars. I am obviously talking about this in the wrong area, didn't there there would be many "in the box" thinkers here. My bad.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:23 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by vAN5150
9 different replys and only jimmyblue offerered any type of explanation, the rest of ya think this Forum is a AOL Chat Room. I was talking about doing something different, the next logical step in programing our cars. I am obviously talking about this in the wrong area, didn't there there would be many "in the box" thinkers here. My bad.

Not so many in the box thinkers per say but when you have some many different ways to tune a car and so many things that affect one another why would you even want an "OPTIMIZE" button (since this would be left to the discresion of the programmer). You have plenty of handheld programmers that can do that for you. I am a software engineer during the day and I have yet to see where requirements can be plugged in a button hit and the code be generated for it and work on the first go round.... Where is the fun in that anyways? For that just take it to someone and have them "OPTIMIZE" it for you. Stuff like that just makes people lazy and not really want to findout the inner workings of things. Then when something is wrong they dont have the slightest clue about a solution becuase they dont understand what was done when the button was hit.... Your title shouldve read "I'm lazy and want an "OPTIMIZE" button to do everything for me because I may be to incompetent to figure out what MY car likes and wants". Sorry if you feel this is like an AOL chatroom and if that button is so important to you the build it and they will come.....
Old 10-08-2004, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

You got that type of responses because of the assanine question that was asked but you did get some serious replies. I even went so far as to put in my above post, "Or just do lots of research and reading and learn from everyone else around here." If you don't want to learn and you just want to have it done, use the $500 that you were going to spend on software and have your car professionally dyno tuned. We're all just a bunch of amateurs around here who have learned by doing, asking questions, and doing some more. If you're not up for learning and want the easy way out, just pay someone to do it for you.

Humpin99, Jimmyblue, myself and a bunch of others are active on the HPTuners forum. If you do want to learn; start reading and figuring out how these things really work.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

HumpinSS thanks for de-railing the thread. Hero.
There is no way you are a Software Engr. No way.

There are many Optimizers in the world of programming/software. You can goto ZDnet.com and they have entire sections there that have programs Optimize Windows settings, Mac settings, Lynx. You can Optimize your graphics card with a RivaTuner with the click of a button. With that same program yes there are many advanced tunings where you can tweak yourself, but the Optimize button will get you in the ballpark a lot faster.

Lazy? I see you post here at ls1tech.com and LS1.com. You have over 1400 posts over at LS1.com, here you have over 1300 posts. Thats an awfull lot coming from a person who has so little to say. If your doing this at work which I would assume you are since you post during the day, your obviously not doing your job.

I got some buddies down in La Plata I'll give them a call to see who they know in the F-Body community maybe they can help.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

its possible, but the people who know how to do it, won't, as they make a living by tuning.

Ryan.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:24 PM
FormerVendor

HumpinSS thanks for de-railing the thread. Hero.
There is no way you are a Software Engr. No way.
LMAO. Glad I can be of assistance. I sure am a Software Engineer.

There are many Optimizers in the world of programming/software. You can goto ZDnet.com and they have entire sections there that have programs Optimize Windows settings, Mac settings, Lynx. You can Optimize your graphics card with a RivaTuner with the click of a button. With that same program yes there are many advanced tunings where you can tweak yourself, but the Optimize button will get you in the ballpark a lot faster.
Your thread implied "OPTIMIZE" it and forget it. Anyway if you are looking for something to get you in the the ballpark you can buy that from many companies such as Hypertech, Predator, Crane and many other companies who make handheld programmers. Wouldnt that qualify as somethign that got you in the ballpark. Also if you do a search for any of those programmers you will see its hit or miss because depending on your setup it may help you or hurt you. Frankly I dont think I want to take that risk with a 30k car. Maybe a 128.00 video card but not a 30K car. Yes in the SE world we do have optimizers but the only thing they do is optimize you compiled code to excute faster, maybe tweak some eviroment settings to better performance and other things but the foundation was allready there for this to take place. The requirements have been followed, code developed and the re-arranged into something that "MAY" execute a little faster. An engine varies from one to the other and just because i acheived and AFR one way doesnt mean the next person is gonna get the same results. Each engine calls for and has different requirements and me wanting to tweak my own settings instead of buying into the canned program deal which can leave me with lack luster results....

Lazy? I see you post here at ls1tech.com and LS1.com. You have over 1400 posts over at LS1.com, here you have over 1300 posts. Thats an awfull lot coming from a person who has so little to say. If your doing this at work which I would assume you are since you post during the day, your obviously not doing your job.
Also if you look at my join dates i have been members of this site and many others for 2-3 years and at 2 posts a day (on each site) at 730 days I can see how 1200-1300 posts are obtainable. Two posts a day takes no more than 10 minutes of thinking out of an 8-9 hour day. hmmmmmm maybe i am getting something done for the other 7:50 minutes....

I got some buddies down in La Plata I'll give them a call to see who they know in the F-Body community maybe they can help.
That is fine to. If you wanted help all you had to do was ask for it. I have a 2000 and can explain to you how I optimized my car. You also have a 2000 which is available for me to use my HPTuners on as well. Your call.....

Last edited by HumpinSS; 10-08-2004 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:46 PM
7 Second Club

Received 283 Likes on 187 Posts

That make sense at all ?
no