PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners, Why can't we get a release date for 2.0?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 10:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question HP Tuners, Why can't we get a release date for 2.0?

I posted this on HPT's website, but I don't think everyone reads their site.

I understand that there may be hold ups and such with updated software, but why can't you give us some form of time frame? We all here have been patient with 2.0 and other features that you guys are working on, but why can EFILIVE give almost weekly updates with no problem and you guys can't even give us a rough estimate on timeframe. If it wasn't for the licensing on HPT, I along with a few others would switch to something else that gives timely updates and tells the customer WHEN it will be released. If there is a problem that you guys are having with 2.0, then please inform us of the issues, don't keep us hanging. It gets frustrating to see EFILIVE updating their programs almost weekly, even making BETA/Pre-Release programs available for download and all it seems we can get from you guys is "screenshots" and "soon". Please, give us a timeframe of some sort. You guys said that it would be released back in Jan, which is one of the reasons I bought it instead of EFILIVE.

Old 04-18-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im sure that they do not want to say what the hold ups are and give other companies their never done before ideas. just be patient. just thank yourself for buying an 02 instead of a 98. they are not making any upgrades (sd enhanced, 3bar for our cars) if they do it it wont be untill thid time next year. that sucks @$$.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

Why are you waiting on the edge of your chair for the update anyway ? It looks like you have a cam and heads type car, v1.6 is more than capable of tuning your car. What does v2.0 have that your so anxious to get ? Just wondering that's all.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Racehead
Why are you waiting on the edge of your chair for the update anyway ? It looks like you have a cam and heads type car, v1.6 is more than capable of tuning your car. What does v2.0 have that your so anxious to get ? Just wondering that's all.

the main reason i want version2.0?

the compare feature... id learn so much more, easier, if i had it.

id also be able to tell some other things.. like hmmm, my cars xxx table is diffrent then this cars xxx table, and they're both stock, same year, same trans..
Old 04-18-2005, 11:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Keep in mind that 2.0 isn't a minor update like the 1.5-1.6 type updates ... it's not something that can be thrown together in a week... it's a rewrite of the interface including many of the items requested in their feature request forum...

Also they need to have LS2 support out in the 2.0 software I believe
Old 04-18-2005, 11:57 AM
TECH Junkie

heres my only worry, and im sure its the worry of half the people that open the thread.

if they wait too long, i cant get version 2.0 in my free upgrade.... one of the reasons we got it now instead of later is we can play with it now and still get v2.0 when its released... but its been pushed back and back.

im a computer programmer, so i konw how it is and i dont have a problem with them pushing it back... but please someone set a DATE....... that date is the "upgrade date".... that way as it gets pushed back because of debugging, i can know if im in or not....
Old 04-18-2005, 12:03 PM
On The Tree

Judging by the number of views the two main threads for V2 over on the HPT’s site you’re not the only ones interested in V2 and the sd stuff (well I am interested in 1 bar SD).
I was happy to see that they had posted some screen shots on their site instead of just posting them here , a step in the right direction P.R wise
Tried to ask what features there would be in V2 that would make me want to renew my support in the hope that there would be a little info given that others as well as myself would be interested in , but silence was the loud reply . I asked in the 1.6 thread if they had any idea when the other two sd packages would come out (I think efi live’s pricing could have something to do with that??) and not even a peep .
Old 04-18-2005, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

I should also say that i have had HPT since V1.4 or a little over six months and was happy with it at the begining and it just gets better each time .
I would also like to say thank you to Horist , that bin file site of youres is great . For a while mine was the only Holden bin file there but its looking better now , even a coupple of HSV tunes there
Old 04-18-2005, 12:26 PM
TECH Addict

I paid for my support renewal. I am ready for 2.0. I hope I don't get wanked in the rear too bad for having a 98.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

98's. heres what i recieved from ken no sd enhanced for mafless guys. as we all know from their website no 3bar for those crazy blown guys. we are the special ones with no special treatment. good luck Anotheruser.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

The thing I am looking for is the USB connection to the PC. Any other kind of connection is going to get harder and harder to find. HPT has said they will release the new cable with the new software. What I do not understand is that they get everyone looking for the new update. They post screen shots and say soon. THEN NOTHING. If they just had a weekly up date on where things stood that would help me. I do not want to know why it is not released yet, just when it will be. What is the big deal???????
Old 04-18-2005, 01:39 PM
TECH Junkie

The only real reason I see for anticipating V2.0 is if you need to tune LS2/7 vehicles. If not, you then there is no need for all of this "when will HPT release V2.0, tell us why the hold up". Everyone needs to calm down and wait until HPT OFFICIALLY states a release date or releases V2.0. As of right now, legally HPT has not said it will release V2.0, so there is no need to demand an update on the status of V2.0. Non of you have a legal right to push this issue, IMHO. They will release it when it is ready ... I am sure the tuner that really need it (LS2/7 vehicles) would rather V2.0 is as close to bug free as possible, rather than just released. If you are just wanting the USB cable, then you can wait for that as well. I do understand that the new features are going to be great, but we can still tune with V1.6. Like said, "what is the big deal" about having to know every single detail of why V2.0 is not released yet.

All, JMHO.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Flame Throwing SS
The only real reason I see for anticipating V2.0 is if you need to tune LS2/7 vehicles. If not, you then there is no need for all of this "when will HPT release V2.0, tell us why the hold up". Everyone needs to calm down and wait until HPT OFFICIALLY states a release date or releases V2.0. As of right now, legally HPT has not said it will release V2.0, so there is no need to demand an update on the status of V2.0. Non of you have a legal right to push this issue, IMHO. They will release it when it is ready ... I am sure the tuner that really need it (LS2/7 vehicles) would rather V2.0 is as close to bug free as possible, rather than just released. If you are just wanting the USB cable, then you can wait for that as well. I do understand that the new features are going to be great, but we can still tune with V1.6. Like said, "what is the big deal" about having to know every single detail of why V2.0 is not released yet.

All, JMHO.

umm, can we wait? yea.
is anyone here going to legally go after HPtuners in a fight to force them to release it early? no. so "legal" doesnt ahve anything to do with it.

we want it. i personally want it because of the compare feature.

do i want to know(or even care) what teh details are? no.
i will remind them that i want it though.. and if i can apply a lil pressure to remind them that we're waiting, such as replying to this thread, i will.

but if you're fine about waiting, why even reply? lol

honestly, i wouldnt mind being a beta tester for it.. i mean, im not working on my daily driver.. so if the worse did happen, not too big of a issue. besides the hardware is sound, no worries there.. and the scanner is just ODBII commands, so i could easily use its new scan tool features.. and the editer isnt live... its .bin files.. so i could use the compare/mapping feature no problem.. and since my PCM is cracked with the data locations, barring a actual "oops i wrote that to the wrong place" bug, it wont screw up my bin file....and even if the bin editer wasnt fully up, that compare feature would be useful for me to learn what others have done and what needs what... and id just use the 1.6v for the actual bin mods....

so if they're releasing a 2.0 beta, im all for it.....
Old 04-18-2005, 02:22 PM
FormerVendor

People are wanting 2.0 mainly for the feture set it offers over 1.6

Compare, better laid out, more scanner flexiblity. I can see why everyones panties are in a bunch the stuff contained in 2.0 would make tuning easier and quicker.

Would you feel the same way if you paid someone a flat rate to tune your car for free for 6 months. They told you you would get tuned in Jan your 6 months run out in Feb and its April and you still havent gotten your tune. I would be livid. All the customer wants is to be kept in the loop. Nothing wrong with that
Old 04-18-2005, 02:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Like stated above, there are many features that we were told months ago that would be available on 2.0. Originially they stated that it would be ready in January, here it is the middle of April and all we have is screen shots. It just gets frustrating that there are many things that will be helpful, such as the compare feature, a scanner with a working gauge interface, more histograms, customizable histograms, ect for us that tune on a regular basis and NEED them. Hell, LS1 edit had a compare feature. These are things that will make it easier to tune and learn, but we don't have yet. All I am asking for is something that we can go by and have a target date. Why can't they just release 2.0 with the features that work and give updates to those that they are working on now??
Old 04-18-2005, 02:36 PM
TECH Junkie

I agree with the two replys under my first reply, but constant threads and bitching about it ... come on grow up! I guess I am more patient than most in regards to aftermarket updates. IMHO this kind of constant posting about "GIVE ME AN UPDATE NOW!" would be warranted for a faulty product, not a update. If HPT promosied to release V2.0 at a certain date, then some of this complaining might be warranted. They never said they were releasing it, they have just mentioned "Hey, look what we are working on" ... hoping to keep their customers in the loop. But some have taken it as they have annouced a V2.0 release date. Which is not true. Let them work out the bugs, issues or what ever so they can release V2.0 sooner. Rather than having to reply or defend their status of V2.0.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Observe that for the programmer, as for the chef,
the urgency of the patron may govern the scheduled
completion of the task, but it cannot govern the
actual completion. An omelette, promised in two
minutes, may appear to be progressing nicely. But
when it has not set in two minutes, the customer
has two choices--wait or eat it raw. Software
customers have had the same choices.

The cook has another choice; he can turn up the
heat. The result is often an omelette nothing can
save--burned in one part, raw in another. [page 21]

The Mythical Man-Month by Frederick Brooks, Jr.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:43 PM
TECH Junkie

What most of us are asking for is some form of update. Like stated above, they originally told us that they were shooting for Jan. 05, here it is Apr 05 and nothing more then soon. All we are asking for is some form of time frame. How hard is it to give the customer some information?
Old 04-18-2005, 02:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
Observe that for the programmer, as for the chef,
the urgency of the patron may govern the scheduled
completion of the task, but it cannot govern the
actual completion. An omelette, promised in two
minutes, may appear to be progressing nicely. But
when it has not set in two minutes, the customer
has two choices--wait or eat it raw. Software
customers have had the same choices.

The cook has another choice; he can turn up the
heat. The result is often an omelette nothing can
save--burned in one part, raw in another. [page 21]

The Mythical Man-Month by Frederick Brooks, Jr.
But normally the waiter comes out and says that your order is taking a little longer, it will be ready in a few mins, not it'll be out soon.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:51 PM
FormerVendor

For those that dont understand the bitching and moaning dload EFIlives trail version of the scanner and tuner and check it out. The compare feature is neat and lists all the changes in a window, the custom maps are the bomb you can dump all the excel sheets youve ever made/saved up and for those that want the 2 bar update the earliest that release will be available will be tomorrow the latest at teh end of the moth per EFILives website.

An added bonus is you can even compare HPT files with EFIlives compare feature