Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hptuners connection problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 08:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hptuners connection problem

How do I connect to Hptuners? I have a keyspan 19hs USB serial adapter that is set on COM3. How do I get hptuners to connect to COM3? Does it find it automatically? Please help
Old 05-14-2005, 01:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have the driver installed and correct one? Some of the off brand serial to usb adapters are quite buggy and some just won't work. I bought one from Innovate and software included, works fine. On intial fire up it should ask what com port you want and do you want to auto hook up in future, or something like that (depends on OS). Also, HPT works on a higher bit rate 115xxx not the standard 9600 in com set-up in control panel-system-hardware-device manager. Not a solution, but some ideas, as it could be a number of things. hope this helps a bit until someone in the know comes along. I had a tuff time getting mine to work for my LM1.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

HPT should detect automatically... are you receiving an error? if so what?

I use this one
http://sewelldev.com/usbtoserial.asp ... same one Innovate sells but cheaper heh ... it's cheap but has never given me a problem (well lately... when I got it in early 2004 their drivers sucked... but the new drivers work great)

Also as stated make sure your port settings are the same as reccomended in the HPT help file
Old 05-14-2005, 08:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

here's the thing my car is down at the moment, can I try the scanner on my 98 blazer? when I run the scanner it says " no open ports"
thanks for your replies
Old 05-14-2005, 11:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

I don't think that HPT can reconize your blazer unless it's your second vehicle choice and programed into scan/flash cable? But you should be getting past the no port thing, before no connection to car. Try updating driver in device manager and make sure settings are correct. Do you have install software for your adapter cable?
Old 05-14-2005, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

hptuners can scan any odb2 vehicle. not just the supported or licensed ones.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:29 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 00SSLS1
How do I connect to Hptuners? I have a keyspan 19hs USB serial adapter that is set on COM3. How do I get hptuners to connect to COM3? Does it find it automatically? Please help
Double check and try setting your Keyspan adapter to use com1 or 2
I think com 3 may be some sort of virtual port that connects to nothing or an internal modem.

I remember having a customer who had some sort of goofy issue in XP when the Keyspan was above this com3 thingy.

Ken
Old 05-14-2005, 12:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yea, that's right, on my computer com 3 was for external monitor, and once I got the proper driver installed the usb automatically went to com 4, then I had to set bit rate to HPT specs. bmfcamaro, thanks for clarifing.