PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sluggish at times during Accleration. WHY?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 12:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sluggish at times during Accleration. WHY?

I've noticed in the past few months that my car acts crazy at time during accleration.

The SES light is always on, (O2 Sensors).

Anyway, It does it in every gear.. at times its so bad, like in first gear i'll have the gas pedel on the floor and for a few seconds it just sputters and then it will take off, also in 6th gear at a gradual accleration.

To me it feels like a lack of fuel, but the only codes it shows are O2 sensors.

I just replaced them around 5-10K ago, and I have 02 sims on the rears because of the ORY.

Any Ideas on what this is and how to fix.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:47 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by UB2SLO
I've noticed in the past few months that my car acts crazy at time during accleration.

The SES light is always on, (O2 Sensors).

Anyway, It does it in every gear.. at times its so bad, like in first gear i'll have the gas pedel on the floor and for a few seconds it just sputters and then it will take off, also in 6th gear at a gradual accleration.

To me it feels like a lack of fuel, but the only codes it shows are O2 sensors.

I just replaced them around 5-10K ago, and I have 02 sims on the rears because of the ORY.

Any Ideas on what this is and how to fix.
Could be a number of things.

Is it your front O2 or rear O2 sensors that are setting off the SES light.

If it's the rear ones (sensor 2), no biggie, that's just for emissions.

If it's the front ones (sensor 1), you need to replace them. They handle fueling.

Do you have any engine mods? Tuning?
Old 10-14-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It's the front one's.

No engine mods/tuning, Just air intake and exhaust
Old 10-14-2005, 11:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Can Tuning mods like LS1edit help with the front 02 sensors?
Old 10-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

No, those front o2's have to be working. The problems you describe with those codes for the fronts are telling you to change em'-do you have codes for both sides? Do you have an exhaust leak? Leaks within 12 in or so from the O2s are bad news. Let me guess, the car is fine at intial start up...then after the emmissions routines are done your car starts acting up? This happened to me. I finally found the leak and been fine ever since.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im not sure if there's a leak,,, I just had a borla cat back put on and they looked over the exhaust and didn't find one, not to say there isn't, but not sure where it would be.

If I had to guess, there might be one around the headers and motor,(because they were hell to put on)

what's the best way to find a leak?
Old 10-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

After the motor has cooled down, say first thing in the morning jack up or get up on ramps and carefully start up and look, feel around the header collector area. If you still can't find one try(with it cool) putting some flower-just a little around the collector joint (on top) and start up. If it goes poof well there you go. Leaks will make little poof noises too.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:55 AM
10 Second Club

i am also having problems with my car. the code it throws is p1133.senso1/bank1 fuel control shifted lean. do i need to replace the o2 sensor or could it be the tune. it sputters in first when i try to take off. it does it under 1000 then its fine.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

DTC P1133 HO2S Insufficient Switching Bank 1 Sensor 1 as per the Helm manual basically tells you that the sensor is not working properly. Why? Well that is another story. Seeing how these sensors are not cheep, I would guess that you have just recently put on long tubes? If so, did you have them welded or did you clamp them? I did not have much luck with the clamps- I went through several sensors trying to get rid of the leaks. The sensor is basically a thermometer and if you have any leaks within say 12 in of them the fresh air will overload and kill them. Fresh air-hotter, or whatever. This code is telling you that the drivers side pre cat o2 is dead and you need to replace it. Now why it is dead is another matter, I can only go by my experience from what you have told me-not really anything. I feel your pain. If you want more help then you need to be more descriptive.