PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Term Fuel Trims MAXED Bank 2 ONLY!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 11:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long Term Fuel Trims MAXED Bank 2 ONLY!!!!

I need some serious help with this one guys. I installed Long Tubes (SLP Crap, Sorry) a month ago and have been dealing with this ever since. My car lacks power, stumbles at lights, and runs extremely rich. I hooked up my laptop and noticed that the BANK 2 LTFT's MAX are intermittently max out at 25%. This only happens on Bank 2. I have looked for exhaust leaks, replaced the O2 sensor, rerouted the wiring, yet have not found a problem. I would think it would be a Bank 2 issue...

I have thrown a P0155, P0154, P1133, P1153, P0174. What the heck is going on!!! I have checked Bank 2 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit, I read 5V on the High & Low Signal circuits and there are no apparent shorts.... Measured resistance across the HO2S (3ohms). I am using Bosch 13111 Sensors.

Could I be having an injector issue i.e. clogged? Wires and plugs are new.

I am to the point of selling the car... HELLPPPPPP
Old 02-01-2006, 12:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Relax and replace the sensors.. Often new coatings break in and take the o2's out with it.. Expect the other to follow suit in the near future.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like characteristic symptoms of having the O2's reversed.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ how do you reverse an O2????? They're not side specific

To test for a bad O2, you can swap the fronts, if the codes follow then the O2 is the problem

However, maxed O2s on just 1 side is usually indicative of an exhaust leak... either at the Heads (most likely) or at the Collector on the header (just past the O2)

If it's not a leak, then a bad injector would cause a lean code, but it would also likely set an SES for injector

if you're setting a heater code SES... are you using an O2 extension? not sure what the codes you posted are (generally helpful if you post a description of them, lots of lookup sites in the stickies) only, It may possibly be a wiring issue somewhere (though generally that'd blow a fuse)
Old 02-01-2006, 08:13 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Open circuit on the heater wire would do this, or an
O2 that's just too sleepy in its new conditions. Look
at the trims higher up and if they're also full whacked
then it's more lilely wiring; if they're sensible at higher
loads but bad at cell 0, 1, 4 then that's more likely an
age / heat problem.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by horist
^^^ how do you reverse an O2????? They're not side specific

To test for a bad O2, you can swap the fronts, if the codes follow then the O2 is the problem

However, maxed O2s on just 1 side is usually indicative of an exhaust leak... either at the Heads (most likely) or at the Collector on the header (just past the O2)

If it's not a leak, then a bad injector would cause a lean code, but it would also likely set an SES for injector

if you're setting a heater code SES... are you using an O2 extension? not sure what the codes you posted are (generally helpful if you post a description of them, lots of lookup sites in the stickies) only, It may possibly be a wiring issue somewhere (though generally that'd blow a fuse)

I've seen it happen when installing headers on C5s. Because the leads cross from left to right, they get hooked up with the left bank sensor on the right side and vise versa. It's easy to do. his symptoms are characteristic of that mistake.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Teching In

Thank you for your help so far. As far as the harness being reversed, everything is plugged in correctly. I have Casper O2 sims plugged into the back connectors and seem to be switching fine. What confuses me is that I am getting power on for the O2 Heater Circuit (12V Tested Body Ground And Sensor Ground) yet I am getting a Heater Circuit Code. I stripped off all the conduit on the passenger side harness and didnt find any problems, during the process I rerouted the o2 harness to follow another harness up and around the engine mount.

I am using C5 O2 Sensors with the long harness so that I wouldnt have to buy the extensions.

I also removed the passenger side header and looked for an exhaust leak which I think I found (While removing the header I took out the last thread on one of the bolts.... Threw a few tools.... However was able to salvage the rest of the threads)

I bolted the header back up with a new gasket but it might still be leaking causing an unmetered air to enter the header i.e. lean condition....

So I am thinking the wiring and PCM are good, so I either have a leak (good possibility), Bad O2 (will reverse sensors tonight and see if problem follows sensor), or Injectors?

What confuses me is that I have set just about every code possible for an O2 Sensor (minus Rich Condition) on the bank 2 side....

Thanks guys,

NR
Old 02-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Hello, I'm new here, I am having similiar problems with a 1999 firebird. It is not mine but my girlfriends. Anywho, I pulled some codes off and P1153 is new to me. Ever since this popped up shes been having stalling problems which is an indication of running lean? It ran fine with having the following o2 codes: P0155, P0147.. The P1153 says it is a "Fuel Air Meter". I dunno where to start on this. I'd appreciate any suggestions as to tackling this, I guess the first step is to swap out the back with the front and see if it still runs lean?

Quick Reply: Long Term Fuel Trims MAXED Bank 2 ONLY!!!!