Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PE Enrich vs RPM (WOT)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 08:18 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PE Enrich vs RPM (WOT)

I am commanding for 11.46 @ 4800 and the WB is showing 12.01 to 12.1 in that range. Besides making the adjustment in this table, is there some other steps to go at this the "right" way? What R some reasons I can be lean I guess is the long question. I really hate patching a table to get something to read the way I want it.

WB is mounted right where the Y pipe becomes one. CATS R gutted.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You would like to know what errors there are, that make
what you command != what you get. Offhand I can think
of several; airflow (MAF, in that range), injector table
w/ the actual (not assumed 58PSI) fuel pressure and the
proper injector flows. Blown 6.0 at 4800RPM has to be
putting some demand on the fuel supply and I'd take a fuel
pressure reading under these load conditions as a first step.
52PSI real vs 58PSI table basis assumption, would account
for the discrepancy all by itself. A fuel pressure regulator
that did not track positive manifold pressure, would give
you that fuel pressure error at 6PSI boost, for example.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:26 PM

I am certainly fpr'ed... I have put a mechanical gauge on it before and it says 65ish at WOT. I am pushing right around 7.5# boost.

Looking at the 1-2 shift point I am at 5800 rpms 12.38afr, 16.5* timing, and the digital fuel gauge says 67.

FWW, I am now just dialing in the MAF...now that I have VE table pretty solid (+-5). But some others suggest even with the MAF dialed in I should just always expect an approximate .5 variance.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you could have an exhaust leak but probably not, the world is not perfect and niether is gm, add a little bit of fuel @ those rpm's
Old 02-22-2006, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Assassin
you could have an exhaust leak but probably not, the world is not perfect and niether is gm, add a little bit of fuel @ those rpm's
you laugh...but I never thougth about that...i have one nbo2 on the scanner that will go off on it's own ever so often...a good sign there is a leak usually.

Hmmmm.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:32 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Although I run speed density, what I command is what I get, mainly due to the amount of time I've spent dialing in my VE table. Since you are still running a MAF, you just have an extra step (that is, dialing in the MAF which you said you are doing). As soon as you get that MAF dialed in, you should be able to get what you command.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
As soon as you get that MAF dialed in, you should be able to get what you command.
Cool...now the lovely long process of dialing this MAF in!
Old 02-22-2006, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

being .5-.6 points off on AFR is not that difficult, just read this:
http://redhardsupra.blogspot.com/200...ctors-are.html

it can be spark determining the completness of combustion, but it can be just not perfect fuel injectors, fuel pump, unmeasured/imprecisely measured air, leaks, pressure drop in the intake, and with FI you also have IAT varying wildly.

Meents said something very important: VE is CRUICIAL. if you have that dead on, everything else falls inline much much easier.
MAF can be maxed out easily under boost, so you might wanna consider losing it, depending how much airflow you're going for.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:22 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't catch the Radix part in his sig until now...hmmmmm.

I'm good friends with my VE table...my MAF sensor, however, has a restraining order on it. I don't see it being allowed back near my car for a long, long time.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
I didn't catch the Radix part in his sig until now...hmmmmm.

I'm good friends with my VE table...my MAF sensor, however, has a restraining order on it. I don't see it being allowed back near my car for a long, long time.
LOL...restraining order...

i realize everthing needs to be alittle tighter and happier before you can really consider messing with the MAF and/or having the afr @ WOT being anywhere near same as commanded. I definitely have some more tweaking to get to it in that case. I have read that matched injector "essay" you wrote red, you should add to your explanation of why you should flow match...if for arguments sake 2 injectors are 10% in opposite directions...you'd be tuning to clean up your afr as a total...you'd have a nice total afr and one lonely injector casuing a lean cylinder @ WOT.

I did one good MAF tuning w/the spreadsheet....ditched the values under 5K. I am not in the mood to deal with all the low idle and surging characterisitcs right now. ANd it seemed to actually make a difference on the afr. Not much, but maybe .1 to .2 consistantly. I then hit 8Khz to 9625hz wiith a 2% increase, no logging just typed 1.02 and hit multuply. Then hit 9750hz to 12Khz with 3% increase. The afr is right on(okay maybe .1 off) until that IAT starts to rip lose. IAT starts out at 80* and ends at 130* (relocated IAT on the radix and a 1/4 mile WOT run). Somewhere around the 90 to 100* mark the afr starts to lean out again.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:57 PM
9 Second Club

Have you thought about going 2-bar with it? IMO, that is the only way to go with a F/I car. I tune with FlashScan, so I don't know what all it entails with HPT, but it can't be hard. Might wanna think about it.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
Have you thought about going 2-bar with it? IMO, that is the only way to go with a F/I car. I tune with FlashScan, so I don't know what all it entails with HPT, but it can't be hard. Might wanna think about it.
I have, and I defiitely kick myself in the *** for not doing it when I upgrade to Speed Density. It was just more than I wanted to pay at the time...200 bucks!!