Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? about tune and readyness moniters for a state

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 07:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ? about tune and readyness moniters for a state

i had my car tuned at a very good shop and my car will not pass state said the readyness moniters were not complete 3 of them i know it will pass with 2 not complete but if there was a code deleted because of a problem will the readyness moniter not complete? if so i need to have some of my codes turned back on i guess.. i think i remember a code for the egr a long time ago and i think it was turned off but my car falls with in the recall for the egr replacement.. so i am going to take it down and have it replaced and then the code turned back on.. and see what happens anyone heard of this happening to them?
Old 07-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What monitors did it not pass? If everything is turned off properly for, say your EGR, it should come up as N/A, instead of not ready.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:43 AM
11 Second Club

yea it just comes up not ready.. not n/a and its egr evap and rear heated o2 how would you turn them off properly?
Old 07-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98mysticZ
yea it just comes up not ready.. not n/a and its egr evap and rear heated o2 how would you turn them off properly?
What are you using for tuning? You need to turn off all related codes for the egr, evap and rear 02s. You also need to zero the operating parameters for each system.
The rear 02s have 4 codes each. You need to set them to 'no error reporting'
Same with the egr, and evap. 'No error reporting'.
Then you need to go to the tables and zero out the operating parameters. Dont know off the top of my head but if you need me to I can open up my laptop and give you a better idea.
doing it this way is basically telling the PCM that you dont have those systems, and everything SHOULD come up N/A.
Now, if you get an emissions inspector thats smarter than the average bear (hey boo-boo) he may pick up on the fact that your car should have these systems operational.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:04 PM
11 Second Club

well i work at a dealership and i do my own but wanted it to actually pass on its own and not with a corolla
Old 07-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98mysticZ
well i work at a dealership and i do my own but wanted it to actually pass on its own and not with a corolla
If you work at a dealership, print out the criteria for your readiness tests. There are some blocking strategies in play, and if you manipulate the tune just right, you can make it run and clear them. If you're doing your own tuning, lets take this to the PMs and I'll see if I can help you out.
I'm in and out of the office so it may be a few before I can get back to you.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
What are you using for tuning? You need to turn off all related codes for the egr, evap and rear 02s. You also need to zero the operating parameters for each system.
The rear 02s have 4 codes each. You need to set them to 'no error reporting'
Same with the egr, and evap. 'No error reporting'.
Then you need to go to the tables and zero out the operating parameters. Dont know off the top of my head but if you need me to I can open up my laptop and give you a better idea.
doing it this way is basically telling the PCM that you dont have those systems, and everything SHOULD come up N/A.
Now, if you get an emissions inspector thats smarter than the average bear (hey boo-boo) he may pick up on the fact that your car should have these systems operational.
I have been told by other that by setting up as an error reporting, the car will pass the readiness test. When I run my own readiness test with EFI, I get a passed response.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chalky
I have been told by other that by setting up as an error reporting, the car will pass the readiness test. When I run my own readiness test with EFI, I get a passed response.
If you set it up as error reporting, you get a trouble code. How is that going to help it run and clear the monitors? You need to convince the computer that each system you have deleted is NOT APPLICABLE.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Launching!

Oops, Not Reported!