Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question DashHawk MSD vs. Interceptor AEROFORCETECH

Opinons PROs and CONs
The Dashawk has more views but is bulkier and no shift light
The interceptor has less views will fit in a pillar pod an shift light
Both are really similar price and features which one would you pick?
Old 07-08-2008, 07:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

I use dual interceptors in my car and truck. I like that they fit into a normal gauge pod. Also, even though the dashhawk has the capability to display more parameters at once, that makes them too small to be useful to my eyes as gauge displays.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old thread. But same delima. Looking at both. What some opinions. I like the dashhawk bc it has a few more features, able to display more parameters & download to computer. Interceptor is more cosmetically pleasing. Can the dashhawk clear DTC?? Website only stayed that it can display them.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:58 PM
11 Second Club

Nobody??? Not even a shameless sales pitch from a sponsor???
Old 11-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Staging Lane

No experience with the dashhawk, but I own an Aeroforce so I'll chime in a bit. I think the pros are pretty obvious, so I'll give some cons. First, the buttons on the Interceptor really suck. You can't just click/press them, you have to hold them for a fraction of a second for the press to be recognised...but not so long that it starts to auto-repeat your press. This is probably the most annoying thing.

But as was mentioned, yeah, it doesn't plug into the computer either. Which means you have to send it away if you want a firmware upgrade. Also, you CANT switch between Standard and Metric units, which really sucks for me.

Another minor complaint is that you can't use "average MPG" as a "gauge" like every other value. You have to dig through the menus to get to it.

All that said, it does work nicely when it's just kinda sitting there being a gauge. The display is pretty, is updates really fast, and the shift light works great.

But honestly, when all is said and done, I feel like it's way to expencive for what you get. For the same money I could have bought an iPod Touch and this badass peice of technology.

Note to mods: I dont think that link breaks any rules, that software is free, and the required hardware isn't actually sold at that site.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by YURVIEW
Nobody??? Not even a shameless sales pitch from a sponsor???
according to msd the dashhawk dosnt work on our cars!! thats why you dont see them often on the site.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by themack56
according to msd the dashhawk dosnt work on our cars!! thats why you dont see them often on the site.
Guess that solves that!!! THANKS
Old 12-27-2009, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tecmec
No experience with the dashhawk, but I own an Aeroforce so I'll chime in a bit. I think the pros are pretty obvious, so I'll give some cons. First, the buttons on the Interceptor really suck. You can't just click/press them, you have to hold them for a fraction of a second for the press to be recognised...but not so long that it starts to auto-repeat your press. This is probably the most annoying thing.

But as was mentioned, yeah, it doesn't plug into the computer either. Which means you have to send it away if you want a firmware upgrade. Also, you CANT switch between Standard and Metric units, which really sucks for me.

Another minor complaint is that you can't use "average MPG" as a "gauge" like every other value. You have to dig through the menus to get to it.

All that said, it does work nicely when it's just kinda sitting there being a gauge. The display is pretty, is updates really fast, and the shift light works great.

But honestly, when all is said and done, I feel like it's way to expencive for what you get. For the same money I could have bought an iPod Touch and this badass peice of technology.

Note to mods: I dont think that link breaks any rules, that software is free, and the required hardware isn't actually sold at that site.
OMFG, that is sooooo bad ***!!! I was considering an Aeroforce or DashHawk but that's what I'm getting now.

Quick Reply: DashHawk MSD vs. Interceptor AEROFORCETECH