Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lc1 mounting/install

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 04:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lc1 mounting/install

i had this posted in the nitrous section but i was told i would get better responses here so here we go...
i just got my lc1 and im going to have a shop weld in the 02 bung for me on tomorrow so i can finish up my halo system. do you guys have any recommendations on where to have the sensor placed (which is better, driver or passenger side), where to mount the lc1 unit itself (where you guys have yours), or any general tips or heads up? anything appreciated i just want it to go smoothly! thanks

one other thing-will the lc1 be able to be hooked up to my pcm so i can IAT and some other information? i know i can hook it up to my laptop and get real time A/F, im just curious if i can get any other information with out a tuning program like efi live...thanks guys
Old 08-11-2008, 07:19 PM
TECH Regular

bump anyone?
Old 08-11-2008, 09:34 PM
TECH Regular

I have the same sensor. Did it not come with the "welcome" cd? Mount it on either side so you have plenty of slack for the wire to be run. Have the bung welded between the 10:00-2:00 position as condensation can really mess with these sensors. I have a gauge I am hooking it up to mounted on my a-pillar. although you can hook it up to your computer and use the program to get a read-out. I will run the wires through the shifter boot, up into the cab for a clean simple installation. If you have a cam make sure to change the settings of the wideband so it doesn't read in "between" the exhaust pulses. And don't forget to do a free air cal!
Old 08-12-2008, 08:18 PM
TECH Regular

it did come with the the cd, and i understand where to mount the sensor in the pipe, i was just curious if either side has been easier/harder to install it in, and where you guys actually mounted the lc1 unit itself. i'll be using my dynotune A/F shut down switch to get a reading.
so is there no other information i can get with the lc1 besides A/F? im just curious if if can be hooked up to the pcm and the laptop and get some information out of it.

i didnt really get ahead of myself about how to set it up yet, being that i dont have it installed yet but i'll make sure to follow the step by step on the cd.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Regular

anyone else?
Old 08-13-2008, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

under the backseat on the passenger side is a hole.
you can run the sensor out the hole and keep the controller inside
the car behind the sail panel.
the LC-1 only logs AFR.
lc1 mounting/install-lc-1.jpg
Old 08-14-2008, 10:47 PM
TECH Regular

alright thanks! that is the answer i was looking for, cool.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

I didn't like any locations that I could possibly mount it so I lengthened the wires on mine so I could mount the box behind the factory PCM. I only use mine with my Laptop. You can use the NB output on the LC1 to hook it to a normal NB Gauge as well. Also If you want to get engine info in real time without having to use the laptop I'd look into getting an Aeroforce interceptor gauge... http://www.aeroforcetech.com/Interce...eral_info.html
Old 08-15-2008, 10:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

i removed the shifter boot, drilled a hole large enough to run the lc1 wiring thru, installed a rubber grommet, used some black rtv sealant, installed the unit there, replaced the shifter boot. i tucked the pc connection under the front of the console so i can reach in there and pull the cable out when i need it, as well as the recal buttons and indicator lite. didn't want that stuff to show or to drill holes in the console but i can reach around the front of the console and pull them out if desired.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sixvi6-camaro
I didn't like any locations that I could possibly mount it so I lengthened the wires on mine so I could mount the box behind the factory PCM. I only use mine with my Laptop. You can use the NB output on the LC1 to hook it to a normal NB Gauge as well. Also If you want to get engine info in real time without having to use the laptop I'd look into getting an Aeroforce interceptor gauge... http://www.aeroforcetech.com/Interce...eral_info.html
that gauge is pretty slick-how much do they run?
Old 01-04-2009, 11:55 PM
Staging Lane

Site doesn't say how much.. anyone bit into this?