Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Apparently a Firehawk isn't a collector's car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Apparently a Firehawk isn't a collector's car?

L I N K

In reference to the posts above, don't my fellow firehawk owners consider their cars to be "collector's cars"?

Especially when you take into consideration each firehawk's options and production numbers, not to mention SLP's options on top of that..

http://www.firehawk.org/list/1024.html

-John

Last edited by John02Hawk; 04-30-2010 at 12:16 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont see why not, its not like every Trans Am or Firebird is a Firehawk. They were built in limited numbers.

-Bert
Old 04-30-2010, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

wait a few more years...
Old 04-30-2010, 09:43 AM
10 Second Club

Yea, definatly have to wait. But even right now, the Firehawk brings more than a normal T/A or even a WS6. So apparently it's "worth" more to some people...

Chris
Old 04-30-2010, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

i want one.. wish i had the cash..
Old 04-30-2010, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i have one for ya....
Old 05-01-2010, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well it's more of a collector than the CETA imo. I mean there are WAY less hawks cruising around, and people where I live already really want them. I think after Pontiac went down these things are now on a few people's hit lists, but mostly wanted are stock (or easily reverted to stock) low mileage ones. But let's face it, if your hawk is clean, runs strong, and doesn't have a TON of miles, people will want to buy it. I know I waited for one Mine was visually unappealing when I bought it because the Doctor who owned it apparently didn't care how it looked. It had about 50,000 miles on it was in near mint condition other than the dirt and paint dullness. After about a month of driving it and bringing it back up, it was a totally different car. I think the car deserved to be put back to it's beautiful self, so I did. Mechanically, it is strong also (except for a battery drain issue ). I don't think mine will ever be sold because I like it too much, but it seems like a hot item that I get asked a lot about. I don't have the money to simply have a Firehawk sitting in storage for years, while keeping another to daily drive, so I drive this one and love it as my daily driver.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:26 AM
12 Second Club

I believe its a collector car. Theyre pretty much the top of the line Firebird. OP, Your Firehawk looks pretty sweet, my dads got a silver Firehawk with IROC spoiler. Wish I could find one for my Formula, but im sure thatll never happen.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I do, and I have "collector car" insurance too...LOL
Old 05-05-2010, 03:21 PM
TECH Addict

I think the Firehawk has more style than the other 4th gens.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:43 AM
10 Second Club

I like the sleekness of the hoods better than the WS6.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

I love my hawk, 15k mile garage queen.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:28 AM

a firehawk is awsome....there sleepers to the ones who dont know what they are...and yes they are very collectable......one day you'll see'm on barret jackson
Old 05-07-2010, 06:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by smit2732
I love my hawk, 15k mile garage queen.
Lame. Get out and drive the car!!
Old 05-14-2010, 01:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought one from another member a few weeks ago and I love it. It's my DD. Just got the SLP CAI and will be putting that on tomorrow. Ordered the UMI 3pt bolt in SFC and I am debating whether to go with headers. Did SLP ever install their headers when a customer ordered the Firehawk option? I know their headers are pricey, but if they were installed by them at the time of purchase, I could put them on and keep it all "stock".
Old 05-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Double Aught
Did SLP ever install their headers when a customer ordered the Firehawk option?
No. Exhaust wise, SLP only added their cat back exhaust system, but never anything forward of the cats.

I would add whatever mod makes you happy, just keep the stock parts, so if you ever sell the car, you can either put it back to stock and sell the aftermarket stuff, or include the stock parts with the car.

Its going to be another 20-30 years before these cars are truly "collectable", so I don't spend too much time worrying about it.

Oh, and like the other guy said, get out there and drive it!!
Old 05-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Well it's more of a collector than the CETA imo. I mean there are WAY less hawks cruising around, and people where I live already really want them. I think after Pontiac went down these things are now on a few people's hit lists, but mostly wanted are stock (or easily reverted to stock) low mileage ones. But let's face it, if your hawk is clean, runs strong, and doesn't have a TON of miles, people will want to buy it. I know I waited for one Mine was visually unappealing when I bought it because the Doctor who owned it apparently didn't care how it looked. It had about 50,000 miles on it was in near mint condition other than the dirt and paint dullness. After about a month of driving it and bringing it back up, it was a totally different car. I think the car deserved to be put back to it's beautiful self, so I did. Mechanically, it is strong also (except for a battery drain issue ). I don't think mine will ever be sold because I like it too much, but it seems like a hot item that I get asked a lot about. I don't have the money to simply have a Firehawk sitting in storage for years, while keeping another to daily drive, so I drive this one and love it as my daily driver.
i am sorry. but how many hawks were ever made? say atleast 500 from 93 up. right? more or less some years.

well they ONLY made 1 year of CETA. 2002. the last year. and the name says COLLECTOR EDITION Trans Am.lol. just giving you ****.

i think both cars are collector cars. now i think the CETA is worth more but i am biased.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wu6fiend
No. Exhaust wise, SLP only added their cat back exhaust system, but never anything forward of the cats.

I would add whatever mod makes you happy, just keep the stock parts, so if you ever sell the car, you can either put it back to stock and sell the aftermarket stuff, or include the stock parts with the car.

Its going to be another 20-30 years before these cars are truly "collectable", so I don't spend too much time worrying about it.

Oh, and like the other guy said, get out there and drive it!!
Thanks for the info. I am driving it. I think I will get headers, but now, not the pricey SLP unit. Maybe Jet Hot.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Double Aught
Thanks for the info. I am driving it. I think I will get headers, but now, not the pricey SLP unit. Maybe Jet Hot.
i have always thought if i had a firehawk. i would only buy slp parts. then i always have a factory car. " no it isn't modded"
Old 05-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
i am sorry. but how many hawks were ever made? say atleast 500 from 93 up. right? more or less some years.

well they ONLY made 1 year of CETA. 2002. the last year. and the name says COLLECTOR EDITION Trans Am.lol. just giving you ****.

i think both cars are collector cars. now i think the CETA is worth more but i am biased.
You are a little off on Firehawk production. SLP made about 5000 Firehawks from 1991-2002. The truly collectable ones were the 1991-1992 models. SLP significantly "decontented" the model when it came to the 4th Gen cars, as the 3rd Gens were priced at the Corvette level. Very few buyers were prepared to pay that amount of money for an F-body, no matter how modified.

The main problem with the CETA is its color. Vastly more people dislike it than like it. It wasn't a hot seller when it was new. If you want a collectable Trans Am, it would be the 1989 TTA, followed by the 1999 30th Anniversary car.

I would bet that if you had a 2002 Firehawk, and your 2002 CETA, and both were for sale, you would have a far easier time finding a buyer for the Hawk than the CETA.

Quick Reply: Apparently a Firehawk isn't a collector's car?