Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Which subs should I go with

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which subs should I go with

I have two steath boxes I bought off a friend one for the driver and the other for passenger side set up for 10" subs problem is i'm having a hard time with decieding what to choose from. I'm mostly loyal to alpine and pioneer and was thinking either alpine type r's or pioneer premier champion series but i wanted to see if any one else would like to chime in with other options with similar or better quality, I'm basically looking for about 500rms per sub.

Also what amps are reliable and can make good comparable power I havent bought an amp in 2 years now and my last pioneer premiers worked like a charm and they non the less has power and quality.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by stupercharged
I have two steath boxes I bought off a friend one for the driver and the other for passenger side set up for 10" subs problem is i'm having a hard time with decieding what to choose from. I'm mostly loyal to alpine and pioneer and was thinking either alpine type r's or pioneer premier champion series but i wanted to see if any one else would like to chime in with other options with similar or better quality, I'm basically looking for about 500rms per sub.

Also what amps are reliable and can make good comparable power I havent bought an amp in 2 years now and my last pioneer premiers worked like a charm and they non the less has power and quality.
If you are looking for 10" with 500 RMS watts check out keeaudio
He has a 10" CDT HD1000 CF sub that is 500 Watts RMS 1000 Watts Peak
Just my .02 cents worth.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

I had two ten inch bazooka speakers installed in my 95 camaro and i was always getting compliments on how they sounded. They were called something like bazooka party pack, they come with two tens a enclosure and a amp to push them. you could take the speakers out of the box and put them in the stealth box and then use the amp that came with it. I personally loved those speakers and miss them lol the person i sold them to said they were the hardest hitting tens he had ever heard.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:24 PM
TECH Resident

I like my Alpine Type R 10" subwoofer which is rated at 500W RMS (previous generation). The new ones are rated at 600W. Another popular sub is the RE Audio SE10, rated at 600W.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Addict

get one that is closely rated to work in a box the dimension you have.. you will do fine as long as the box compliments the sub.. the "type" isn't the most important factor..
Old 08-12-2010, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

Jl audio is supposed to be the best from what the audio shop told me.

I have a kenwood cd player with memphis speakers, when I get around to it the audio shop sells a stealth box so I can keep the ttops. It has a 2 year warranty, dont know about other brands. I dont recommend memphis, my speakers seem to go over time and not from abuse.

I cant fault the pioneer home audio system I have, its ancient and still sounds amazing.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:21 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

go with JL man, it won't disappoint. with that said, if i was you i would probably go with 2 w3's
Old 08-15-2010, 12:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Type R all the way
they hit hard trust me
Old 08-15-2010, 01:49 PM
12 Second Club

i had a alpine type r with the ribbed surround in a mtx stealth box with a alpine 500w sub amp and it hit like crazy and sounded very clean.
i say alpine or the subs from kee audio sugested above jl audio is over priced to me.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you have the money I would recommend Memphis. I have two 10" M3's and they are simply awesome. They hit very tight, go pretty low for 10's, and are bullet proof. I crank them up all the time and they never distort or anything. The ones I have are only 300 rms 600 peak but the magnet is huge.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:51 PM
TECH Regular

This isn't something you just ask on a forum. You are going to get a different suggestion from everyone. Go to an audio shop and "listen" to the speakers for yourself. It isn't going to just be the sub brand you choose.

You need a goal in mind. Here are some points to think about. Do you want an all out bass machine or a fine tuned sound reproduction device? What kind of music do you primarily listen to?

A cheap amp or a crap source can ruin an otherwise "killer" system. It will only be as good as your weakest link, be it junk cables or crap equipment. YOU need to answer all of this yourself to be happy with your choice, and a custom shop can help you with this.

GL
Old 08-16-2010, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The best bang for buck you're going to get is an Audioque SDC2.5. They are a TRUE 600 RMS minimum and a very nice xmax. They are $129 ea. And their AQ1200D amp is a TRUE 1200W RMS and they are 249 shipped. I have done a lot of business with them and the customer service is EXCELLENT! You won't be dissapointed! It will beat just about anything for the price.