Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Speaker noob here, what do u reccomend for replacement speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Speaker noob here, what do u reccomend for replacement speakers?

in a bind right now.. all my monsoon speakers are about shot.. just bought a aftermarket head unit.. all i need are speakers, minus the sail panel ones since im deleting those. Looking for a good deal, reliable, and very good sound quality
Old 11-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Deleting the sail panel subs is a foolish idea in a Monsoon system unless you like your music to sound like an old transistor AM radio. The Monsoon system puts the majority of its bass frequencies through those sail panel subs so you will have almost no bass without them.

Check with our sponsors Kee Audio and Double D Mods - they have replacement speaker kits that will make you Monsoon system sound much better than stock without breaking the bank.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Deleting the sail panel subs is a foolish idea in a Monsoon system unless you like your music to sound like an old transistor AM radio. The Monsoon system puts the majority of its bass frequencies through those sail panel subs so you will have almost no bass without them.

Check with our sponsors Kee Audio and Double D Mods - they have replacement speaker kits that will make you Monsoon system sound much better than stock without breaking the bank.
lemme clarify

The rear hatch area speakers, not the back seat speakers.

i picked up a 12" kicker sub .. dont know where to put it, idk if it fits in the cubby hole or not.. idk what amp to get along with it..
Old 11-01-2012, 09:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get an amp and dump that Monsoon headache alltogether... its not load and clear enough for me haha
Old 11-02-2012, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TyCZ28
get an amp and dump that Monsoon headache alltogether... its not load and clear enough for me haha
are you saying i should buy 4 speakers (2 front 2 sail) and a 4 channel amp to power those?

any recommendations?
Old 11-02-2012, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's helpful when you tell people how much you're willing to spend, and go from there.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

There is always someone who will recommend ditching the entire system but that isn't necessary. It depends on what you're looking for and how much you want to spend. The vast majority of people will be happy with the sound quality they get from replacing the head unit with a decent aftermarket one, replacing the speakers with a package like Kee Audio and Double D Mods sell, and (if they want even more bass) possibly adding a 10" sub in a stealth box. Replacing just the speakers will provide a noticeable improvement but the biggest gain is from replacing the factory head unit because it produces so much distortion. Obviously, replacing everything with quality aftermarket equipment will produce even bigger gains but it will cost more and be a lot more work to install. And unless you go with higher end equipment, your system won't end up sounding any better than what you get from just upgrading the Monsoon HU and speakers.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok so, my budget?
I have an open budget tbh.. Not to crazy on the head unit. I need something with a aux input, single cd w/ mp3, looks baller, possibly remote, usb, ipod, nice equalizer settings.. aslong as it doesnt have a touch screen (i can afford one.. but its not my style)

the speakers? Open budget: Would like reliable speakers.. very good sound quality.. not flat paper style like the monsoon.. something i can defiantly feel the upgrade.. loud and good deep bass
Old 11-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by LeanPocket
in a bind right now.. all my monsoon speakers are about shot..
"all" of them? Really?

In my experiences, just one blown one can make the whole lot sound like crap. You may get 95% of the way to happiness by replacing the 6" speakers in your sail panels. (Sides of the back seats.)
Old 11-06-2012, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wssix99
"all" of them? Really?

In my experiences, just one blown one can make the whole lot sound like crap. You may get 95% of the way to happiness by replacing the 6" speakers in your sail panels. (Sides of the back seats.)
the passengerside door speaker sounds funky, the driver side is okay, the sails sound okay, and both rear hatch speakers rattle hard.. either way i just want to upgrade what i have. I broke my headunit because i kept getting the ERR message every morning. Ok well it works but the keys are broken.

i was happy with db drives in my old car.. but everyone tells me nah man theres better ones out there. I knwo im a noob at this stuff, but i appreciate the insight.

Any GOOD brands to consider?
Old 11-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have just what you need for replacing the stock speakers and have for many years now. My packages take the guess work out of it.
http://www.keeaudio.com/fbodyspeakers.html
Old 11-10-2012, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have had CDT speakers in my car from KEE AUDIO for years now and they sound great. All i replaced were the door speakers and the sail panel speakers. Ian was great to communicate with the speakers really do use factory mounting points, etc. I will be in touch with KEE again soon for a head unit and hatch speakers when the time comes.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CDT is good Bazooka sucks & I think youll be happy with Polk Audio components front & rear If your not scared you can trim a lil & fit 8s in the sails Thats what mines gettin!!!! Polk Audio 6.5 components front & rear with Polk Audio 8s in the middle!!! The rear will get 4 kicker L7 8s Amps will be Soundstream Rubicon 600rms 4ch & 1600rms monoblock Should sound good Head unit will be a double din touchscreen with all the goodies!! My boy moved back to Victoria Tx thats like 2hrs north of Corpus! Hes buildin my box for the L7 8s
Old 11-10-2012, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Rockin infinity fronts, Kicker sails, Kicker rears and Infinity basslink for the sub...... All on aftermarket radio and monsoon amp (bass link of course NOT on monsoon amp)

Sounds perfect for me

Quick Reply: Speaker noob here, what do u reccomend for replacement speakers?