Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Guys With Stealth Boxes--Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guys With Stealth Boxes--Need Help!

Mine keeps moving around in the cubby hole. Anyone else have this problem? I have the Subthump driver's side box, more than happy with it, but it keeps moving around as the bottom slides forward, toward the t-top holders, and the top goes backward as a result. What do you all do to keep it in place? All I did was sit it in there and put the plastic panel back over the top when I got it.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the stealth box suppose to come with a lil bracket that you screw on the outside to make it stay in place. If it didnt come wiith one go buy something similar, its just a L shaped bracket. To tell you the truth I didnt even hassle with mine and I dont got any problems yet! he he..... Hope that helps.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

I bought it used, so that could explain it. Thanks for the info though--I will proceed to fix my little problem with that kind of bracket!
Old 04-22-2004, 03:48 PM
Staging Lane

You don't need an ugly bracket. All you need to do is pull out the sub and sink on screw down thru the bottom of the box into the car. That's it.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol ugly bracket????dude the thing is tiny and its suppose to go where you cant see it.. Its a lil L-shaped bracket I'm sure you can find something that will work at ur local lowes or home depot..
Old 04-23-2004, 03:57 PM
Staging Lane

The jl vantage box comes with brackets that mount just below the sub and are visible. That's what I meant. I don't think you'd want to do that (ugly IMO). Putting an "L" bracket on the back would be okay, but it's very difficult to work in that cramped space behind the box. To me, it's just easier to put a screw where you can easily get your drill into. And that's what I always recommend on those boxes. But he can check into it and choose whatever method he likes best.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for all the suggestions. Megabass==what do you do when you want to remove the box though, take the sub out to unscrew the screw?
Old 04-23-2004, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

Yep. How often do you plan to take it out and put it back in? I mean do you drag race or something and need to remove it a lot? If that is the case, you may just want to try the velcro method. That would make taking it out and putting it back in quicker and easier.
Old 04-24-2004, 06:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks, that's a pretty good idea. I really don't take it out much, so I may do the method you suggested. 2000Z28M6--I am going to look at your idea today to and see how easy that would be--I found some brackets. Thanks again guys!