Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Blow Monsoon speaker help

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 02:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blow Monsoon speaker help

I posted this in a wrong section by accident but now ive found the right one. Recently bought an 02 ws6 with the monsoon system, didnt mean to but I guess i blew the drivers rear speaker the one in the back seat. I think its called the sail speaker. Where is a good place I can get a factory speaker.... or one that would just bolt and plug right in that would be better than factory. Also is there a how to on how to get the sail panel off to get to the speaker?? Thank you!
Old 09-23-2013, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I also had a blown speaker in my WS6 (Passenger side sail panel) and what I did was just upgrade the whole system. Got my merchandise from Kee Audio, great stuff. If you want to replace just you driver side sail panel, I still have mine if you want it.

As for taking the sail panel off, there's a guide I used, can't find it for some reason, but there's just 3 or 4 screws you gotta remove and the whole thing slides out. But after I did it, I realized that you could just pop out the speaker cover and replace it there. Space might be tight but it could potentially save you lots of time.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by M4N14C
I also had a blown speaker in my WS6 (Passenger side sail panel) and what I did was just upgrade the whole system. Got my merchandise from Kee Audio, great stuff. If you want to replace just you driver side sail panel, I still have mine if you want it.

As for taking the sail panel off, there's a guide I used, can't find it for some reason, but there's just 3 or 4 screws you gotta remove and the whole thing slides out. But after I did it, I realized that you could just pop out the speaker cover and replace it there. Space might be tight but it could potentially save you lots of time.
So you can literally just take off the honeycomb cover and unbolt the speaker and boom its done?
Old 09-23-2013, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

Its been awhile but I had the same issue. Its actually a subwoofer. Do a google search and it will come up. For some reason I remember them being a 2 ohm or something. Pop it out and look on the back. I think there is enough info to help you find what you need.

Dont pull straight out. Instead try to Pull it away from the sides and then pull back

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 09-24-2013 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old 09-23-2013, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by shibby50
So you can literally just take off the honeycomb cover and unbolt the speaker and boom its done?
Yea, get a screw driver and carefully pry a corner off. It will snap off and you might have enough room to replace the sub.

Originally Posted by 02ls1gun
Its been awhile but I had the same issue. Its actually a subwoofer. Do a google search and it will come up. For some reason I remember them being a 2 ohm or something. Pop it out and look on the back. I think there is enough info to help you find what you need.
The subs are 4 ohms:

Old 09-23-2013, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by M4N14C

I'm thinking about gettin a replacement set from Kee audio. What package did you get? Do you like it? I'm thinking about getting Level 2
Old 09-23-2013, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DemonicZ
I'm thinking about gettin a replacement set from Kee audio. What package did you get? Do you like it? I'm thinking about getting Level 2
I got the Level 3 Firebird package. Installation was pretty straightforward and there is a noticeable difference in clarity and depth. Not jaw dropping, but a good upgrade. However I also plan on getting a 10" stealth sub for some more bump.

Pair those with a good head unit and you got a damn good budget audio setup
Old 09-24-2013, 07:37 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by shibby50
Pretty much: https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...ll-w-pics.html

The new holes may not line up exactly. Some people just rotate the speaker a bit and use sheet metal screws to attach it to the car.

Quick Reply: Blow Monsoon speaker help