Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

stereo question

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stereo question

does anyone know of a post where it shows the monsoon reciever wiring diagram for out cars? i bought a new reciever and crutchfiled wth a wireharness but the colors dont match perfect so i have no clue what connect to what.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:56 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

There's a link in the Frequently Asked Questions sticky at the top of this forum.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
does anyone know of a post where it shows the monsoon reciever wiring diagram for out cars? i bought a new reciever and crutchfiled wth a wireharness but the colors dont match perfect so i have no clue what connect to what.

your better off going to circuit city they have direct connects with no splicing.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:52 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by 1badchicken
your better off going to circuit city they have direct connects with no splicing.
Huh??? At some point you have to connect wires. The harness adapter you get from Crutchfield is the same as one you get from Circuit City. They plug into the factory harness but you have to manually wire it to the aftermarket radio's leads before installation (i.e. it has a plug on only one end).
Old 10-12-2006, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Update To Reciever :)

well i got it installed. no problem.. i had been overlooking the harness piece that came with my reciever that connetes to the new wireharness thats why the colors didnt match. anyhow. i got it installed and i got free the deck install and the inteena adapter. it looks VERY CLEAN> AND WOW just by changing a reciever the entire stereo system sounds 10x. tthe speakers dont distort at higher levels and the base is alot stronger and clean also.

now i have one problem. they was no wire to connect to the power atenna.... so my my tuner doesnt pick up as well as it should i dont think. is their a way i can permantly raise the intenna?

and like he said above. you have to splice no matter what. and ill never take anything to circuit city or best buy to install. they are ripp off artists when it comes to installation prices. they was going to charge me 800 dollars just to install a new reciever....
Old 10-12-2006, 02:06 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

All you need is to provide power to the pink wire in the factory radio harness. If there is no power antenna wire on the head unit maybe there's a remote turn-on wire (for an external amp) that you could use. Failing that, all you need to do is connect the pink wire to an ignition-controlled source such as the yellow wire in the black connector of the factory radio harness (not the yellow that's in the white connector). That will make the antenna go up when you turn the car on and down when you turn it off regardless of whether the radio is on but most people have the radio on all the time anyway.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Huh??? At some point you have to connect wires. The harness adapter you get from Crutchfield is the same as one you get from Circuit City. They plug into the factory harness but you have to manually wire it to the aftermarket radio's leads before installation (i.e. it has a plug on only one end).

the circuit citys around here use the "no splice" harnesses. Basically, you tell them what time of deck and vehicle you have, and they give you 2 harness, one that conects to the car, and one the connects to ther radio. They clip together, no need for crimp caps or sodering, i believe they are called speed harnesses..........basically for the lazy
Old 10-12-2006, 03:04 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by jimmy 2 Times
the circuit citys around here use the "no splice" harnesses. Basically, you tell them what time of deck and vehicle you have, and they give you 2 harness, one that conects to the car, and one the connects to ther radio. They clip together, no need for crimp caps or sodering, i believe they are called speed harnesses..........basically for the lazy
I haven't seen those - how do they clip together? Is it a good connection or just an easy one?
Old 10-12-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea, they clip togheter, they almost look like a harness from a DEI battery back up harness (but with 18 pins instead of 2)

let me see if i can find a pic
Old 10-12-2006, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 10-12-2006, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

and the other half, this one for a pioneer radio

Old 10-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Oh, I get it...they've created some standard arrangement of wires for the "middle" part of the harness then one half of the harness cross connects from the aftermarket HU to the middle connector and the other half handles the cross connects from the middle to the factory harness. That's pretty convenient, how much do they charge for that?
Old 10-12-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Oh, I get it...they've created some standard arrangement of wires for the "middle" part of the harness then one half of the harness cross connects from the aftermarket HU to the middle connector and the other half handles the cross connects from the middle to the factory harness. That's pretty convenient, how much do they charge for that?

i believe that it is the same price, $20 for each end, unless you buy the radio there, then they give you some type of break on price.

I would still rather cap and crimp myself, atleast i know they wont come loose
Old 10-12-2006, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow........... i would have paid 20 bucks for that thing...... ahha and hey thanks for the help about the intenna