Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

BS thread/Rant, New found hate

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 12:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BS thread/Rant, New found hate

Ok I dont really know how this works but I'm fed up. Ok, this doesnt apply to all but I can not stand most mustang drivers. They make my blood curdle with hate. I hate losing to another local mustang, not just because they have the faster car but just because of the cocky **** that comes after. Really, I do not understand it. What made this "what not" happen, is that I was a member of a local mustang owners site with about 100 or so members and my best friend (silverm6ta) joined. Being he has a fbody he was kinda an odd ball on the site. The other day a guy that has a 2v with full exhaust, tune, cai, and dr's posted about how he ran a 10.5 at 101 in a 1000', being I ran a 10.9 at 97, (silverm6ta) asked if that was all his mods. He then posted a comment "Yep thats it, Its pretty fun to beat up on fbodys", and most would say haha but he was serious. Its not that this is the only reason it seems that almost every other mustang owner is like this. That is why I view this website, and not mustang forums!
Old 04-14-2009, 12:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry man...but I know what you mean. The sad part is, the mustang has been since it's existance the entry level performance car. Only until the recent decade have the really come out (generally, I ain't going into specifics so please guys, no BS comments). As a result, the young people that can afford them pick them up. And with youth comes inexperience and ignorance along with arrogance. it sucks.

however, I have a lot of fun making htem look dumb and slapping them with my humble meat and potatoes. how it goes after that, is up to them. I can be cool, or continue to be an *** and make you feel stupid. LOL. IDC what you drive, I hate arrogance.

Is that local guy on SVTP.com? I might have to look him up one of these days.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:54 AM
Staging Lane

I dont know about him on svtp, but I understand you completely but its that here lately its older guys too!
Old 04-14-2009, 01:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Its the same in Highschool
I have the fastest car. Its an easy statement since mine is the only one built RIGHT.
There is a lil gang of cars that call themselves a club and like to **** people off. I raced their fastest after he wanted me to join and I told him hell no. I beat him by a few cars and he started throwing a bunch of BS comments
******* 5.0 drivers are the worst if a kid owns it.

But some of the fastest cars around ehre are mustangs. just not owned by dumbass kids
Old 04-14-2009, 01:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yep same with neons and people like that in our town... a kid with a stage 2 neon S R T 4 that has never touched his car mod wise or just basic repair wise talks so much trash to anyone with a nice car that its not funny.... but he never wants to race anyone because he doesn't know how to drive the car at all... he just thinks that burning tires everywhere makes his car better than everyone else's.... the only person of my friends that has raced him beat him in a basically stock 96 camaro basically because of driver mod... and then all you heard was how his turbo was having problems and he was going to buy a new trim for it and blah blah blah....
but yeah he told one of my friends one time that his intercooler was basically like nitrous because he could go buy a bottle of water from a gas station and pour on it and he would gain an easy 30 hp.... but if anyone would try talking cars with him and just be cool with him all he would do is point out faults in other people's cars and basically just be a douche about it
Old 04-14-2009, 01:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 06MUSTANGGT24V
I dont know about him on svtp, but I understand you completely but its that here lately its older guys too!
Yeah...those are the old guys that are jumping on the 'retro style' band wagon. I run into those guys too......hell one guy at a car show, told someone that you can get as much HP as you want out of a chip. He saw a car get 100HP out of a chip. I told my GF we had to leave before I made that look stupid. I was laughing aloud making fun of him as we left. It was hilarious. (older guy).
Originally Posted by squeals99
yep same with neons and people like that in our town... a kid with a stage 2 neon S R T 4 that has never touched his car mod wise or just basic repair wise talks so much trash to anyone with a nice car that its not funny.... but he never wants to race anyone because he doesn't know how to drive the car at all... he just thinks that burning tires everywhere makes his car better than everyone else's.... the only person of my friends that has raced him beat him in a basically stock 96 camaro basically because of driver mod... and then all you heard was how his turbo was having problems and he was going to buy a new trim for it and blah blah blah....
but yeah he told one of my friends one time that his intercooler was basically like nitrous because he could go buy a bottle of water from a gas station and pour on it and he would gain an easy 30 hp.... but if anyone would try talking cars with him and just be cool with him all he would do is point out faults in other people's cars and basically just be a douche about it
There was a skittle here in town that drove like he was mr. badass.......one day going down the opposite side of the road (divided) I stopped in the middle of the road and ripped a 2nd gear burnout when I had the cobra. he must have remembered me because every time he saw me regardless of the car I was in....it was like someone smacked him upside the head and he was mr. everythings cool. ROFL...I loved that.

did the same thing to an older guy in a late 70 vette. He still drove around like he owned the streets though. LOL
Old 04-14-2009, 01:43 AM
10 Second Club

Easy dude it goes with the territory bro. A performance car is generally the extension of a guys manhood. It doesn't matter what type of car it is there is always some ******* that owns that brand. I have seen ******** in all makes, and really haven't seen anymore with Mustang owners, we are generally around them more so we see more ********. I had a Vette and there were ******** there to. So lighten up and like Pony says try to educate them, and if they don't want to hear it tell them **** off.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:56 AM
Launching!

i have to disagree. im around as many fbody guys and ricers as i am mustangs. fbody guys can be the same and ricers are just flat out annoying. but its more common for a mustang driver to think he has the baddest **** on the street(typically the new edge guys). and after they win, you can bet your *** your fixing to hear it. dont get me wrong, i have alot of mustang friends, such as OP, but he is the only one that understands how most mustang drivers are. not bashing anyone.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

HAHAHAHA I love being a cocky/******* Mustang owner. I think I do it well

Last edited by Stopsign32v; 04-14-2009 at 02:49 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
HAHAHAHA I love being a cocky/******* Mustang owner. I think i do it well
just keep in mind, you can only do it well when you can actually win the race. oh, and why did you edit it out?
Old 04-14-2009, 02:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by silverM6TA
just keep in mind, you can only do it well when you can actually win the race. oh, and why did you edit it out?
Obviously you didn't read my tactic in the other thread...

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Yes this is totally possible. This is what I usually will do. I'll make up some crazy numbers hoping the other guy will back out, if he doesn't I will resort to making fun of his mother. Lastly, if neither work I will kick his knees in and run. This is my tactic for street racing.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

There's people like that in every brands. Its kinda like the import boys and the Supra or a Skyline. They just can't be beat. Its just people being stupid.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:06 AM
Teching In

I think you're wrong generalizing how you can't stand "most" mustang drivers. To tell the truth, you don't even know 1% of mustang drivers, so you can't really give a lot of credit to that statement. I must say that it's not just mustang drivers, but just guys who are over-proud of what they have, or just straight up jerks. Whether it be stang, camaro, t/a, or even import, there is ******** in all of those groups.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:26 AM
Banned

Man nothing worse than a cocky mustang owners, but that goes away quick when they get beat by a train length from a real car....
Old 04-14-2009, 07:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i dont thnk it matters what you drive, someone is going to talk ****. but as for who have i seen more that does it, it would be the stang drivers. but, when that happens, i just wave at em when i go by them...
Old 04-14-2009, 07:51 AM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This local mustang guy can try to run me if he thinks he can "beat up" this fbody. I'm local, Jacksonville, AR.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Staging Lane

most stang drivers i know are more down to earth with the rest of us... all of the douchenozzles i run into drive scions, civics, sentras, and other unidentifiable rice. a guy in a murano who i work with thought he was fast, he asked how much horsepower the gto had, i told him 400. he said he thought his 260 was a lot.

i've never had someone who drove a real car TRY to do something stupid like a burn out next to me in a drive thru while i was ordering. a v6 mustang owner, yes followed by his caravan of slow pals in tow.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:57 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

The mustang drivers where I live are mostly pretty cool. They almost all respect fbodies and any fast car really.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Those guys are just mad that they purchased a slow, girls car. So they project themselves as a tough guy so they feel better. I just issue the standard F-body beat down, repeatedly if need be, and they usually go away.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the manalishi
those guys are just mad that they purchased a slow, girls car. So they project themselves as a tough guy so they feel better. I just issue the standard f-body beat down, repeatedly if need be, and they usually go away.
^

+1