Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed a 05+ GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Killed a 05+ GT

About an hour after my car gets back from being dyno tuned I was ripping up the street! I had a VRX3 cam, Comp 7.4's, Comp 918 springs, and Powerbond UP installed. It made 363 rwhp (don't know rwtq, haven't gotten the dyno sheet yet), through a Flowmaster and Yank SS3600. Gomer said it should be at 380 rwhp with a cutout and P/P throttle body.

Anyways...

I was driving through town in the left lane when I passed a red Mustang GT that was in the right lane. I try to get him to roll down his window while we're beside each other to see if he wanted to race, but he just acted like he didn't see me. When I was probably four cars ahead of him, I layed into it and did a WOT pull, just because (not a call out at all) he probably couldn't even see my car.

From where I first saw the GT to my road is only about a mile at most. I put on my blinker and got in the turning lane to go put my car up, well he does what everyone would imagine....revs at me while I'm trying to turn . I looked at the guy riding with me and said "oh hell no!" haha.
I jerked out of the turning lane and was off to chase him down! I was weaving in-and-out of traffic for about 5 miles before there was a clearing. I was running 80mph trying to get up beside him, but he WOULD NOT get beside me. He was five car or more ahead of me when my friend said "I think he's got it stomped!" So I lay into it all the way and we start reeling him in. I was amazed at how fast we were gaining on him

Once I reeled him in and got beside him I started patting the gas (romp, romp, romp) just because I was kind of pissed that he wouldn't talk to me, but he'll sure enough through a rev when I'm turning. Anyways after I pat on the gas and pull ahead of him by about a car, I let off the gas and we're slowing down from 145mph! I had no idea we were going that fast!

So he was five cars ahead of me at 80mph then I pull a car ahead of him at about 145mph! It was the BIGGEST damn adrenaline rush I've ever had, that was the fastest I've ever been in my car, and it pulled like a freaking freight train!
I just wished I could have seen his face when I jerked out of the turning lane to run him down!
Old 05-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by colby72olds
revs at me while I'm trying to turn . I looked at the guy riding with me and said "oh hell no!" haha.
I jerked out of the turning lane and was off to chase him down!
Haha, nice ive done something similar before
Old 05-09-2009, 06:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Um...so...rev exchanges and a flooring on the highway.

MMM'ok.

I would say good kill, but I fail to see where this was an actual race. so....Good speeding. I guess.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I guess running him down five car lengths doesn't mean anything...granted, I know it isn't a good story but it was fun.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by colby72olds
I guess running him down five car lengths doesn't mean anything...granted, I know it isn't a good story but it was fun.
I have no doubt it was fun....adrenaline and all.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Staging Lane

So he put up a pretty good fight seeing as you have ~100whp on him? Good story, congrats.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

HAHAHA yeah! Thanks dude!!!!

Old 05-10-2009, 11:15 PM
10 Second Club

Good kill dude. Gotta agree with the other Mustang guys though. While I'm sure your car would take a bolt on GT with your horsepower numbers through an auto, I wonder if that guy was racing.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would assume since he was going 140+mph too. It wasn't a really a race, more like a call out that he thought I was going to back down from. It was just funny that he reved at me, then wouldn't let me any closer than two cars from him...until he stomped it.

And Newskool, your car is ******* sick man!