Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Roger Z06 vs Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roger Z06 vs Mach 1

I just got my "new" Z06 (2002) and my friend wanted to see if I wanted to try it against his Mach 1 His car is a full exhaust(LT's, Xpipe, Cat-back), ported manifold, 98 Cobra Cams, JLT CAI, 456 Gears, Drag Shock, Full race Suspension, and a Detroit locker with 31 spline axles. We ran from a 60 roll and I put about 8-10 cars on him. Then we went from a dig and he immediately jumped out on me about 3 cars but by the time I got to 90mph I had come around him and then put 3-4 cars on him by 115. I am going to get my camera charged up for this weekend, i am supposed to be running a 900hp@34psi supra, but he is only going to use "23psi" on me
Old 05-21-2009, 01:04 PM
TECH Regular

Nice kill.

Is your Z06 stock?
I would think it would be much closer if so.

A supra at 23 psi will probably be around 500 to the wheels, good luck.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Nice race!
Supras suck ha ha
Old 05-21-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Is your Z06 stock? You should not have come around that Mach 1 from a dig. That means if you two were at the track he would have you beat past the 1/8th mile and then you would run past him and finish the 1/4th mile 3-4 carlengths ahead of him. Doesn't make sense unless your car has quite a bit of mods.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Is your Z06 stock? You should not have come around that Mach 1 from a dig. That means if you two were at the track he would have you beat past the 1/8th mile and then you would run past him and finish the 1/4th mile 3-4 carlengths ahead of him. Doesn't make sense unless your car has quite a bit of mods.
He should easily come around a mach one from a dig. He may be a little off on the carlengths though. My car runs like a Z06 and tonight I'm going to come around a mach one with a hell of a driver after giving two car lengths. I tried it once after giving 2 lengths and hit. I didn't catch him until the 1/4 though. The only reason I didn't win is I slept too long after giving him the hit; then, I overreacted and wasted 1st.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RealLiveMD
He should easily come around a mach one from a dig. He may be a little off on the carlengths though. My car runs like a Z06 and tonight I'm going to come around a mach one with a hell of a driver after giving two car lengths. I tried it once after giving 2 lengths and hit. I didn't catch him until the 1/4 though. The only reason I didn't win is I slept too long after giving him the hit; then, I overreacted and wasted 1st.
You also probably aren't running a Mach 1 with

Longtubes
O/R X
Catback
Ported intake
96-98 Cobra intake cams
JLT CAI
4.56 gears
Drag shocks
"Full race suspension"
31 spline axles
(assuming he is running a hell of a tire)

Anyways, what are your mods? I'm assuming you have a T/A? If you say he should easily come around a Mach 1 like that from a dig in his Z06 (I'm assuming it is stock) then you are ignorant as hell.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by camaro22
Nice race!
Supras suck ha ha
Thanks for your contribution

Still curious about your mods OP.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Teching In

i was at a light and a c6 zo6 wanted some action he asked me if i had a blower and i said no.he didnt ask if i had a nice fresh full bottle in the trunk,he says this is going to be ugly i said go on green after we ran a few times he couldnt understand how he was getting spanked he just had a dumb look on his face nodded his head an then turned off .good kill by the wat but the outcome does not sound rite on the car lenghts
Old 05-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok who didn't give noride the memo!!!???..........Huh? Who didn't give it to him??

Noride, sorry no one let you know but Ford motors aren't fast unless they have a turbo or supercharger. This has been covered and preached thousands of times by GM owners. This memo was sent out shortly after the "God's hands touched the LS1" memo.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:10 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Roger Z06
I just got my "new" Z06 (2002) and my friend wanted to see if I wanted to try it against his Mach 1 His car is a full exhaust(LT's, Xpipe, Cat-back), ported manifold, 98 Cobra Cams, JLT CAI, 456 Gears, Drag Shock, Full race Suspension, and a Detroit locker with 31 spline axles. We ran from a 60 roll and I put about 8-10 cars on him. Then we went from a dig and he immediately jumped out on me about 3 cars but by the time I got to 90mph I had come around him and then put 3-4 cars on him by 115. I am going to get my camera charged up for this weekend, i am supposed to be running a 900hp@34psi supra, but he is only going to use "23psi" on me
Nice kill on that Rustang! Sounds about right to me.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

EDIT: Just saw the cams that I missed last time. Obviously that changes things. I don't know how a Mach with bolt-ons, gears, and those cams runs so I can't really comment.

Good kill, OP.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
You also probably aren't running a Mach 1 with

Longtubes
O/R X
Catback
Ported intake
96-98 Cobra intake cams
JLT CAI
4.56 gears
Drag shocks
"Full race suspension"
31 spline axles
(assuming he is running a hell of a tire)

Anyways, what are your mods? I'm assuming you have a T/A? If you say he should easily come around a Mach 1 like that from a dig in his Z06 (I'm assuming it is stock) then you are ignorant as hell.
All of the things on that list mean a 320 hp car with gears that make him have to shift frequently. It's a long list, when it could have just said POS. I stand by the fact that he will and did come around him. Most people would say the lengths are off. Lastly, check your tone..... or are you one those internet gangsters.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:22 PM
Teching In

I want to hear what the Z06 has for mods, because I don't believe the whole story is being told.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:26 PM
9 Second Club

All of the things on that list mean a 320 hp car with gears that make him have to shift frequently. It's a long list, when it could have just said POS.
That sure would have been more practical than posting some long extensive mods list.

I stand by the fact that he will and did come around him. Most people would say the lengths are off. Lastly, check your tone..... or are you one those internet gangsters.
One of the most feared internet gangsters around.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:29 PM
***Repost Police***

In all honesty with a "drag suspension," 4.56s, those cams, and a good tire there's no reason that Mach 1 wouldn't be a low-mid 12s car. Maybe better depending on a few other things and conditions. So it should be almost a dead heat in the 1/4. Wouldn't have too much for you from a roll, obviously.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
In all honesty with a "drag suspension," 4.56s, those cams, and a good tire there's no reason that Mach 1 wouldn't be a low-mid 12s car. Maybe better depending on a few other things and conditions. So it should be almost a dead heat in the 1/4. Wouldn't have too much for you from a roll, obviously.
Although many don't believe it, street and track are two different beast. I used to consistently beat my friends 03 gt with a zex 100 shot when I was lid only. However, on the track he ran a consistent 12.5 and I ran 13.2-13.5. I also did three races with my friends gt with p1sc. I beat him once, he beat me once, and we tied the third. Lastly, I raced the same friends 03 cobra and won...but, his wife was driving so it doesn't really count.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

All of the things on that list mean a 320 hp car with gears that make him have to shift frequently. It's a long list, when it could have just said POS. I stand by the fact that he will and did come around him. Most people would say the lengths are off. Lastly, check your tone..... or are you one those internet gangsters.
Oh so you are one of those stupid internet GM owners that don't know what they are talking about. Gotcha, I knew there was something that didn't add up with you.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00
That sure would have been more practical than posting some long extensive mods list.

One of the most feared internet gangsters around.
You're no better than the other one. The only difference between you and him is your car is probably faster.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by stopsign32v
ok who didn't give noride the memo!!!???..........huh? Who didn't give it to him??

noride, sorry no one let you know but ford motors aren't fast unless they have a turbo or supercharger. This has been covered and preached thousands of times by gm owners. This memo was sent out shortly after the "god's hands touched the ls1" memo.
sorry i forgot gods gift to the car world lsx
Old 05-21-2009, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Thanks for your contribution

Still curious about your mods OP.
Sorry guys I haven't checked in a few hours... No my corvette is NOT stock It makes in the upwards of 4xx

Quick Reply: Roger Z06 vs Mach 1