Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS2/LS3 topend Fbody VS IS300 2JZ GTE(Supra swap), my best race ever! long story!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 11:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Talking LS2/LS3 topend Fbody VS IS300 2JZ GTE(Supra swap), my best race ever! long story!

This is my best kill ever guys, Im really happy about it

Here is the STORY;
The guy is part of a club, the exotic import club..And the club is mostly with lowered suspension Civics. Theres nothing exotic in this club, except maybe his car. There all around town and I was always driving my DD when I would come across them...GRRRR. Its been at least 4 years like that.

Also, the owner has that "Im unbeatable" face and smile. Honestly, he seems really cocky but I dont know him. I guess he can cause Suprawws setup are unbeatable But in fact, no body ever beat him in 4years.. He even made a video about his car(which is nice BTW).

My brother has been in the local tuning community and the IS300 owner has been bragging for years about how bad he is beating on modded V8. And one day that my brother is ridding with his half *** fox buddy setup, he was making passes around him back and forth for a race. Obviously, he would have destroyed my brother. Since that day I really wanted to try him and knew I had a chance with my SS. It was family business now LOL

This year has been rough for my wallet cause I had to replace my shortblock cause there was an obvious knock coming from the bottom end. So Ive decided to make an LS2 swap with ported/milled LS3 heads/LS3 intake/92mm TB/TSP new 1 7/8 headers with better designed ORY and Hooker catback(which is a piece of ****, I ll be going with Magnaflow as soon as money is good). My car was down at New Era Performance for 2months for many reasons.

So I got my car back and there is that HUUGE squealing sound, which makes my car sound like an 82 Reliant K.. I just wanted to set fire to it!! But I got back to LS1tech and found the solution; accessories idlers and strap.

Since then, I was back on the road with pride But my car was dirty as hell and in bad need for a compound..Then yesterday, I took 5 hours to wash, do a compound and a wax after...I can tell that the car is looking like almost new!! I then decided it was time for a ride with my girl!!

THE RACE;
I was riding on the highway and I was those blue lights coming really fast in my rearview mirror alongside with a bike, both going WOT. Im telling myself this could be good and I get ready to downshift in 3rd and try to stop the pull when they get side by me!

I pick up some speed and gets in the speed range of the blue Lexus, which I recognize and know he was at 440rwhp lately on a mustang dyno. He seems to slow down to my speed level and I floor it when I hear this huge turbo spool sound!! We stay almost even but I was gaining some ground, a half car or so for the time of the 2nd gear and half of the 3rd. Then I hit the brakes cause there is traffic all around.

Then there is a opening and we get side by side again, and I floor it again when hes taking off at full boost(he seems to be a really good driver brake boosting everytime, and Im not the kind of guy that goes on the hit, I always give the hit), and same outcome, hes falling back half car. At this moment, I was really happy cause I never dynoed or raced anything with my new all motor setup. And I knew I had a little back up for the race, the little bottle between my rear seats

He was up for better and longer race, and I was ready to teach him a good lesson. So we drove slowly for 10mins, till we reach that empty highway and get side by side. Bottle is open, but bad news is I never tried it since it was rebuilt. Other bad news is that the pressure is low(800psi) and my heater aint working anymore. Any other bad news^ Yes! I dont have a fuel pressure safety switch on my fuel line so the engine could blow is something goes wrong...I am a bit nervous, but ready to blow 10K$ engine for a single stupid race I try to purge the N2O line, but nothing is coming out really cause the pressure is too low..

Whatever, so I do the 3 honk and Im in 2nd gear for the racing, bottle opened. I hear him brake boosting and we take off on 3rd honk; I feel the nitrous hit, but nowhere like the 150 it used to be. More like a 50-75hp hit, and when I shift 3rd it seems to be less. Anyway, I put 4-5cars on the Lexus(which is an Altezza conversion to be exact).

We do another roll and pretty much the same outcome except that I put 3-4 cars on him cause there is less pressure.

I felt really great about it!! I was going back home and the guy was following me and obviously wanted to know what beat him exactly.

We took an exit and we chat for 2mins; he had a nice attitude and give me props for my car cause usually, LS have weak setup LOL. He asked me if I was supercharged, I said Im all motor with a 6.0liters and LS3 heads and a cam. He said there was a black one in town that he beats like nothing. He then said hes pushing 650rwhp on C16 and 490rwtq on 91 octane(I think I saw one of his dyno at 440rwhp in the past). I said to him that my bottle is not hooked up properly and I have 150jets in it. He was cool about it and said nobody ever beat him in 4years..He was with his girlfrien, so he cant lie about it now!!

Old 07-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kill! Now get that bottle hooked up with a 200 shot and wait for him to come back at you with his **** on kill. You should be able to take him again, this time he won't have any excuse.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice kill. I'd try to race him again after you get the car set up a little better and see how bad you pull him then.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:07 PM
TECH Addict

Haha...I wish my bottle was set up correctly...would have been a hell of kill!! He would have cried!!
Old 07-21-2012, 04:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hell of a kill
Old 07-21-2012, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

Nice kill and seems like he was a cool dude
Old 07-21-2012, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Great kill!!!
Old 07-22-2012, 07:12 AM
On The Tree

Good kill. The guy sounds cool and it really sounds like you're a hater tbh. I don't think he sounds like the type of guy that would lie about losing to you either.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

good kill! I bet that was fun after your car being down so long. Any track times on his car?
Old 07-22-2012, 07:45 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good kill and story albeit long.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:26 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good kill,that vid he put together was pretty badass,must be a small town or he doesnt race much,to go unbeaten for 4 years makes me think he needs to find some better cars to run lol,it wouldnt matter what i did, someone would kill me in a day or 2 around here lol,good story though
Old 07-22-2012, 09:14 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Good kill,that vid he put together was pretty badass,must be a small town or he doesnt race much,to go unbeaten for 4 years makes me think he needs to find some better cars to run lol,it wouldnt matter what i did, someone would kill me in a day or 2 around here lol,good story though
I just watched that video too. Car is super clean and pretty bad *** overall. I could see myself driving something like that as a DD.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Teching In

His intercooler is way too small, looks like something for a Honda. Good kill
Old 07-22-2012, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

Great story and Glad you put some thinking in his head about ls cars!!!!!

I do have one question? What kit do you have? Be---cause Most kits the Max pressure is 900 some can be 950 to 1000 depending on the kit! So if you were at 800 you were not down all that much, check you instructions or the site for your kit. I am NO expert but did some home work due to getting spray on my car.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:21 PM

Nice kill man - now to topple the riced out hondas? Or maybe not worth the gas.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:55 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
good kill! I bet that was fun after your car being down so long. Any track times on his car?
No track times yet. I'm waiting to fix some misc stuff before going to the track; heater, air filter/under hood ram air, fuel/N2O gauge...and some days off from work!!! I'm thinking something like 12.1@118 if everything goes well...up from 12.4@116 with my last setup. Keep in mind I have a 10 bolts with 3:42, on heavy 18inch wheels lowered; no miracle will happen at the track..3:90, 9inch and drag wheels would do wonder

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
It is a medium/small size town, but most plp are into Hondas and they dont have clue how to make em fast. There is a 1000hp twin turbo Mustang and bunch of good running DSM, but owners are getting old and the new generation of young driver prefer hearing a blow off valve on a Volks 2.0T ..I'm the only well modded LS in town, or so.

Originally Posted by fattydre
His intercooler is way too small, looks like something for a Honda. Good kill
I noticed that too...I've seen lot more slower setup with huge intercooler.

Originally Posted by stockz
Great story and Glad you put some thinking in his head about ls cars!!!!!

Yeah, this is what I like the most about beeing the lonely LS in town, I can teach that properly setup LS can be fast.

I do have one question? What kit do you have? Be---cause Most kits the Max pressure is 900 some can be 950 to 1000 depending on the kit! So if you were at 800 you were not down all that much, check you instructions or the site for your kit. I am NO expert but did some home work due to getting spray on my car.
There is no max pressure in a nitrous system, I'm not sure what you mean. But most companies rate their hp at a pressure of 950-1000psi. The bottle safety valve will break at 3000psi BTW. Since I'm running on the rich side, I like my pressure around 1000psi, so I have full pressure during one run. You would be surprised how long I need to heat the bottle to keep good pressure after only 2-3 races(with some purging LOL).

I can assure you that in this race, on the 2nd RUN, I felt the hit in 2nd, but never as strong as it was on my last motor(gussing 50-70hpmax). In third, the car was almost bucking because the fuel solenoid was dumping too much fuel for the amount of nitrous going in due to pressure(zero gain in acceleration).

Thanks for all the great comments
Old 07-25-2012, 04:40 AM
Staging Lane

Awesome!!!
Old 07-25-2012, 05:32 AM
Launching!

Good kill man, and thats a pretty good video. It would make for some killer intro shots for a vid of him vs you when you get your nitrous bugs worked out.

Quick Reply: LS2/LS3 topend Fbody VS IS300 2JZ GTE(Supra swap), my best race ever! long story!