Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

G8GT vs turd gen **vid**

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 12:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow G8GT vs turd gen **vid**

You can skip ahead to the video, but trust me, the intro is worth it.

Sooo this guy joined up on a local forum with his 88 IROC. To make a very long story short, he can't handle the sarcasm the internet dishes out. His intro thread was a clusterfuck of him not admitting his car is slow and thinking that everyone is a douchebag because they don't like his car.

Then he decides to start a thread in our "member's rides" Sub-forum, BIG MISTAKE. This thing was rattle-canned in a lot of places. That thread took a turn for the worst for him...but nothing but win for the rest of us! Here's a few gems from that thread:

Originally Posted by CombatIROCZ28
I appreciate you talking to me straight up like a man and not a chump, I respect that.

As far as my car goes, I REALLY don't care all that much if folks don't like it, to each his own, but I know that I do and that's all that matters. I also know alot of people with nicer cars than mine who like my car and I don't have to get approval from anyone here or anywhere else. When I use the word respect, I mean human respect in general, not about the cars. Just being a person. When you spend 6 years in the military, you get real ******* acquainted with what respect is all about, so I put that on my list of things to do. The IROC-Z's are some of the best cars ever made in America, not the fastest in stock form, but have great styling, fast torque and were some of the BEST handling cars ever made by an American company. Do I care if anyone knows this, no.

As far as going to meets and stuff, hell no at this point. If I did come I'm sure a bunch would be running their mouths behind their breaths and I really don't have the patience to deal with kids at a meet who don't know how to respect another individual. As for telling people to shut up, well, if folks would stop ******* me so much, I'd stop saying it. I'm very fair.

It won't be entertaining when I go take my ******* 12 gauge outside to blow the god damn ******* car up with several rounds. I'm about ready to go do that because I've never been so pissed off at a bunch of asswipes off a website who do nothing but act like idiots. To be frank, all of this bullshit talk happening, it has made me HATE my car and enough to go blow the **** off of it.

There's nothing inferior about my car, Jesus Christ. What do you care anyway? I know you don't so don't try to pretend you do by bashing me some more.

How people portray themselves on here is an indication of how they're in person. If someone starts **** with a total stranger on here then more than likely that person would do the same offline, well, depending on how stupid they are, they would. But there's a VERY fine line on what goes on here and off here. If someone gets attacked here and defends themselves as I have done, then that's a normal human response.
Originally Posted by notoriousdoa
you're a grown man crying to people on the internet. kick rocks dude
No, you can kiss my *** ************. Nobody here is crying except you since you gotta keep egging it on.

After these races, we stopped to talk. He said it made "almost 300 to the tire" on his Dynolicious iPhone app. He was DEAD serious.

Anyways, on to the video...which we had a little fun with since we knew he'd blow a gasket if we poked fun at his beloved IROC. This is what and couple friends and I came up with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY05L___LhU
Old 05-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Old 05-29-2011, 01:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time for an ls swap and an attitude adjustment!That iroc got destroyed!Not surprised by the results of those races!
Old 05-29-2011, 01:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

nice kill in the 4dr vett!
Old 05-29-2011, 03:07 PM
11 Second Club

That's so much win. Haha that guy seemed like a little butt hurt girl. Did that vid get posted on your local forum?
Old 05-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That has to be a 15 second car, I don't know why he's talking ****.

I love the **** out of thirdgens, it kinda saddens me seeing people out there like that.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:06 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BayArea ws6
Time for an ls swap and an attitude adjustment!That iroc got destroyed!Not surprised by the results of those races!
I think we convinced him LS motors are muchhh better and well worth it.

Originally Posted by LS1rob00
That's so much win. Haha that guy seemed like a little butt hurt girl. Did that vid get posted on your local forum?
Yes it did. Surprisingly, there isn't a huge ragefest going on.....yet. I think it's building. Wish our forum was public or I'd post the threads.

Originally Posted by GTOSE
That has to be a 15 second car, I don't know why he's talking ****.

I love the **** out of thirdgens, it kinda saddens me seeing people out there like that.
He said he's taken it to a real track before and it did a 14.0.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This 2x ^
Old 05-30-2011, 01:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol nice kill
Old 05-30-2011, 05:58 PM

Haha, that's awesome. It looks exactly like the race I had with a primered 1985-90 Trans Am the other night. We got 2 runs on from low rolls and they both looked like that. The guy wouldn't get next to me again after that.

I did have some trouble even getting his attention at first though, so the next morning I ordered up a Solo Performance axle back exhaust and a Vararam cold air for the G8. Next time he'll know it's a V8, lol.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kid did 6 years in our military? cut him some slack man. maybe he's "not all there" (from reading those posts you quoted i'm guessing he has some issues).

congrats btw on your 13 second G8 beating a 16 second IROC... you better hope this kid doesn't flip one day after watching those vids (which are funny as hell ["bitchin camaro" "bitchin camaro" priceless], but i still think it's F*cked up to make fun of a vet that's dilusional).
Old 05-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

It's fucked up to make fun of a vet that's has proven issues. It's also fucked up to just assume that because someone is a vet that they have mental issues. However, it's not fucked up to make fun of someone that just can't take a little **** talking. IMHO, people that resort to "I did XX amount of time in the military, blah blah blah", and the military or their past aren't the topic of discussion, were probably some REMF and are probably full of ****. Not doubting he served, just doubting he did anything worth talking about.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man, seriously, tell that guy to hook up with thirdgen.com. Those guys will set him straight and tell him the real mods to do to a 3rd gen to make it at least quick. Starting with a old school TPI SBC is a hard road to plow if you want to compete with LS cars but it's possible.

First get a good intake manifold as thats the biggest holdback on a TPI engine, then bigger MAF and TB, then headers, then with a mild cam (which I assume he has) it should be low 13's high 12's (12's with 3.42 gears and slicks). My brother has about every mod you can do to his IROC (stall, AFR 205 heads, SLP cam, SLP Tram intake, headers, etc. etc. etc.) and he still is stuck in the high 12's. <<< tune is holding him back from low 12's which is where he should be.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:29 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
kid did 6 years in our military? cut him some slack man. maybe he's "not all there" (from reading those posts you quoted i'm guessing he has some issues).

congrats btw on your 13 second G8 beating a 16 second IROC... you better hope this kid doesn't flip one day after watching those vids (which are funny as hell ["bitchin camaro" "bitchin camaro" priceless], but i still think it's F*cked up to make fun of a vet that's dilusional).
Not my G8. He actually took it rather well, didn't really care until people started calling him slow again. Now he's looking into an LS swap.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

These kind of Vids wish I still have my 89 350 Formy. That poor guy got rocked.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:12 PM
Teching In

I'm erasing my dynolicious as we speak, and to think my vette had 520 to the rear wheels stock.....******* pos app.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:35 PM
On The Tree

this x 10000000

I'm also sick of seeing the "oh my third gen is slow i'm gonna do an LS swap" mentality, while LS swaps are cool and I've considered one, very few third gen swaps look complete/finished, most ditch the a/c, cruise, wiring isn't done super well and then they have a stock ls1/2, 6.0, or 5.3 which is quick but still not fast. Dont get me wrong there are some VERY bad *** LS swapped third gens but there are way more half *** swapped ones.

A fresh cammed 350 or 383 with a Stealth ram or mini ram and a 150 shot is something that really should be done more, keeps the car much nicer (on average) and will be faster than 75% of stock motor LS swapped cars.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Tx91z28
this x 10000000

I'm also sick of seeing the "oh my third gen is slow i'm gonna do an LS swap" mentality, while LS swaps are cool and I've considered one, very few third gen swaps look complete/finished, most ditch the a/c, cruise, wiring isn't done super well and then they have a stock ls1/2, 6.0, or 5.3 which is quick but still not fast. Dont get me wrong there are some VERY bad *** LS swapped third gens but there are way more half *** swapped ones.

A fresh cammed 350 or 383 with a Stealth ram or mini ram and a 150 shot is something that really should be done more, keeps the car much nicer (on average) and will be faster than 75% of stock motor LS swapped cars.
Bingo though with an LS swap you lose some weight

Old 05-30-2011, 11:13 PM
11 Second Club

wow i think my moms regal would have out ran it, btw where the hell is that road?
Old 05-31-2011, 12:28 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1999transamls1
wow i think my moms regal would have out ran it, btw where the hell is that road?
Mexico of course.

Quick Reply: G8GT vs turd gen **vid**