Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02 CETA vs Evo X

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 02 CETA vs Evo X

Sorry no vids, had to shift and didnt have a go pro...

It was a nice sunny day today in SoCal and i decided to go out for a few things... I was making a right turn and decided to do a quick 1-2 pull just for ***** and giggles ( since the road was empty and i dont get to do it quite often)

As soon as i did that i had a late model cyber grey evo coming up from behind me... Luckily for me we caught a red light with no traffic ahead.

As i was standing at the light, he kept revving a bit and i could hear a loud blow off valve, car sounded pretty nice! It looked good as well with different aftermarket rims...

He had a passenger who kept grinning and looking over, so i knew they were game. Never ran an AWD car before so i was a bit anxious, not knowing how i would do, but oh well...

Green light:

I dont want to spin so i begin taking off as quickly as possible without spinning... Did that but got an instant half a car pull on me.
I power shift to second with a slight wheel spin and stop his pull and begin to gain.
At the end of second, beginning of third i was ahead by a car.
We shut down after and began doing a roll...

Both at 35mph, im 3K RPM in second, 3 honks and we are off. I pulled steadily till the top of third. I could hear his shifts and blow off valve, and could tell that these EVO's run out of gear fast!

We exchanged thumbs up and i asked him if he was modded and he told me that he is stock ( i guess i had no way of proving anything anyway)

My CETA is M6 with lid and PTB only

Cliffs:
02 CETA vs EVO X
Dig: ceta by 1 car
Roll: ceta by at least 1 car
Old 02-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Nice kill, enjoying the awesome weather before all the rain it looks like haha. No such luck for me in forever. What part of CA are you in?

Sounds about right if he was stock, but if you heard his BOV he was probably venting to atmosphere or something.

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
Sorry no vids, had to shift and didnt have a go pro...

It was a nice sunny day today in SoCal and i decided to go out for a few things... I was making a right turn and decided to do a quick 1-2 pull just for ***** and giggles ( since the road was empty and i dont get to do it quite often)

As soon as i did that i had a late model cyber grey evo coming up from behind me... Luckily for me we caught a red light with no traffic ahead.

As i was standing at the light, he kept revving a bit and i could hear a loud blow off valve, car sounded pretty nice! It looked good as well with different aftermarket rims...

He had a passenger who kept grinning and looking over, so i knew they were game. Never ran an AWD car before so i was a bit anxious, not knowing how i would do, but oh well...

Green light:

I dont want to spin so i begin taking off as quickly as possible without spinning... Did that but got an instant half a car pull on me.
I power shift to second with a slight wheel spin and stop his pull and begin to gain.
At the end of second, beginning of third i was ahead by a car.
We shut down after and began doing a roll...

Both at 35mph, im 3K RPM in second, 3 honks and we are off. I pulled steadily till the top of third. I could hear his shifts and blow off valve, and could tell that these EVO's run out of gear fast!

We exchanged thumbs up and i asked him if he was modded and he told me that he is stock ( i guess i had no way of proving anything anyway)

My CETA is M6 with lid and PTB only

Cliffs:
02 CETA vs EVO X
Old 02-06-2013, 08:36 PM
TECH Resident

Was it a stockier Persian kid driving? Sounds like the I raced a couple months ago in my bolt on WS6 Vert. It was cold and late out and the 275 Azenis weren't having it. I'd spin and stay next to him hook and instantly pull. He wanted a dig so I gave him one and said Id just spin he replied cockily yeah its all about the driver and launch. Wtf you know about launching your Auto AWD.. he got cars put on him each time.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SubTexel
Nice kill, enjoying the awesome weather before all the rain it looks like haha. No such luck for me in forever. What part of CA are you in?

Sounds about right if he was stock, but if you heard his BOV he was probably venting to atmosphere or something.
Thanx, im in Burbank
Old 02-06-2013, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by oChristiano
Was it a stockier Persian kid driving? Sounds like the I raced a couple months ago in my bolt on WS6 Vert. It was cold and late out and the 275 Azenis weren't having it. I'd spin and stay next to him hook and instantly pull. He wanted a dig so I gave him one and said Id just spin he replied cockily yeah its all about the driver and launch. Wtf you know about launching your Auto AWD.. he got cars put on him each time.
we both were on victory st. And he looked to be in his 20's, stocky with a beard... Looked hispanic though. And it definitely sounded like a manual, but then again i could be wrong . He said something about his brother having a black t/a
Old 02-07-2013, 04:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
Cliffs:
02 CETA vs EVO X
Good kill. Am I safe in assuming vids up tomorrow? LOL
Old 02-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Teching In

the only evos with an auto are the evo X MR. And their lauch control sucks.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by odthetruth
Good kill. Am I safe in assuming vids up tomorrow? LOL
No, because a regal pulled him by a car. I wouldn't post up either.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

1st at 35... He got lucky or you would have pulled him pretty good on that roll. Nice kill.

Quick Reply: 02 CETA vs Evo X