Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 03:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 SRT-8 vs 2000 Z28

I dont know if you guys are familiar with this video: 04 Cobra vs SRT-8

http://www.831ccr.com/Videos/srt-8vsconvcobra.wmv

My Mods: Cut-out, SLP lid, K&N Filter

SRT-8 Mods: Magnaflow exhaust, K&N CAI (he was stock in the video when he races the Cobra)

He got his ECU reflashed on Wednesday. Theres a TSB out for the SRT-8's. This new version fixes the shift hesitation it had before and shifts and higher RPM's.

Before the ECU reflash, I would beat him from a stop and a roll. I was stock and he was modded. I only had the car for a week so im sure im a better driver now then what I was before. I also got a couple mods now.

Yesterday we were gonna race from a stop. We raced from a roll and I had my 300lbs friend in the car. The first race the SRT-8 started pulling on me little by little. He crawled away and passed me going like 120. I let off when I redlined 4th. He had me by like half a car.

The second run from a roll he stayed right with me and now one would move. We were dead even. The only time he pulled away was when I shifted into 5th gear. Stupid of me because thats not a racing gear.

We raced from a stop but the first run I wasnt ready when we were flagged. And the second run the SRT-8 wasnt ready to go. So we are gonna have a rematch once it stops raining.

On the way back my friend was in the SRT-8, I was alone. We raced from a roll, but this time I was down kicking the clutch. I got him everytime. He says I would jump it but I just took off on the third honk, plus the down kick helped a bit. So my friends fatass did make a difference lol.

The SRT-8 dynoed 370rwhp stock, and I dynoed with my mods 326rwhp and 337rwtq.

Heres the SRT-8 dyno video

http://www.831ccr.com/Videos/SRT8dyno1.wmv

And here is the vid of my car on the dyno... not too clear what I make but I got the dyno sheet.

http://www.831ccr.com/Videos/New_Era/DynoDay102205.wmv

Who do you think is gonna win? The SRT-8 weighs 4160lbs and my Z28 is 3400lbs. He makes more power but my cars weight is a lot less... After seeing what he can now do from a roll, its gonna be interesting. Should be a good race. Ill post the results and hopefully a video.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Sound's like you had some fun. Make sure for your next race your 300 pound friend is on the corner watching. He cost's you about 3/10's over the course of a 1/4 mile run.
That's a "free mod" that should help you beat that SRT.
GO GET 'EM!!
Old 12-02-2005, 07:05 AM
TECH Addict

It's gonna be awesome if ya just roll the camcorder on

Originally Posted by dannyz
Sound's like you had some fun. Make sure for your next race your 300 pound friend is on the corner watching. He cost's you about 3/10's over the course of a 1/4 mile run.
That's a "free mod" that should help you beat that SRT.
GO GET 'EM!!
Hell yeah & you should have another one to video it

peace
Old 12-02-2005, 09:06 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

370rwhp through an automatic rated at 425, Nice, im impressed. THey are hella big though.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AcE XBOX
I dont know if you guys are familiar with this video: 04 Cobra vs SRT-8

http://www.831ccr.com/Videos/srt-8vsconvcobra.wmv

My Mods: Cut-out, SLP lid, K&N Filter

SRT-8 Mods: Magnaflow exhaust, K&N CAI (he was stock in the video when he races the Cobra)

He got his ECU reflashed on Wednesday. Theres a TSB out for the SRT-8's. This new version fixes the shift hesitation it had before and shifts and higher RPM's.

Before the ECU reflash, I would beat him from a stop and a roll. I was stock and he was modded. I only had the car for a week so im sure im a better driver now then what I was before. I also got a couple mods now.

Yesterday we were gonna race from a stop. We raced from a roll and I had my 300lbs friend in the car. The first race the SRT-8 started pulling on me little by little. He crawled away and passed me going like 120. I let off when I redlined 4th. He had me by like half a car.

The second run from a roll he stayed right with me and now one would move. We were dead even. The only time he pulled away was when I shifted into 5th gear. Stupid of me because thats not a racing gear.

We raced from a stop but the first run I wasnt ready when we were flagged. And the second run the SRT-8 wasnt ready to go. So we are gonna have a rematch once it stops raining.

On the way back my friend was in the SRT-8, I was alone. We raced from a roll, but this time I was down kicking the clutch. I got him everytime. He says I would jump it but I just took off on the third honk, plus the down kick helped a bit. So my friends fatass did make a difference lol.

The SRT-8 dynoed 370rwhp stock, and I dynoed with my mods 326rwhp and 337rwtq.

Heres the SRT-8 dyno video

http://www.831ccr.com/Videos/SRT8dyno1.wmv

And here is the vid of my car on the dyno... not too clear what I make but I got the dyno sheet.

http://www.831ccr.com/Videos/New_Era/DynoDay102205.wmv

Who do you think is gonna win? The SRT-8 weighs 4160lbs and my Z28 is 3400lbs. He makes more power but my cars weight is a lot less... After seeing what he can now do from a roll, its gonna be interesting. Should be a good race. Ill post the results and hopefully a video.
its goin to come down to who out launches who, or in other terms if ur a good driver.

my vette weighs a couple hundred pounds less than ur z but as u can i see u have more power than me, and i was dead even with one until aerodynamics kicked in at around 120, when i began ONLY to inch away from him. later on he told he dyno'd at 375, while im at 304.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you should tell your friend to ride with him
Old 12-02-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

make sure to film it, will be a nice race.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

Those things are sick...I beleave the fastest stock one has went 12.6. sick...sick....sick

When all the mags are getting 13.1-13.3 and even being quicker than a 05 GTO on the same day at the same track by the same drivers for the mags...

I beleave they trapp 107-109...Thats some SERIOUS power to move 4200 pounds.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

Man... The SRT-8 is more than enough to kill a stock C5.. It will be close but Im about 50/50 on it...

But that means nonthing...Your comparing a 97 chevy against a 2005 dodge...

The 05 should be close by now..

What scares me is that if they actualy do make a 2 door version of this thing and shed a solid 500 pounds OR MORE...

It could easily be lights out 50% of the time for the C6 as well.....Now thats a shame.

But hey...gotta give props were props are due. The fastest stock one has ran 12.6.... Thats no joke. The fastest C5 in all these years has only went 12.6 bone stock..

THAT IS MY 4 DOOR OF CHOICE.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah that is plenty to move that much weight
Old 12-02-2005, 07:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2.73 Vette
Those things are sick...I beleave the fastest stock one has went 12.6. sick...sick....sick

When all the mags are getting 13.1-13.3 and even being quicker than a 05 GTO on the same day at the same track by the same drivers for the mags...

I beleave they trapp 107-109...Thats some SERIOUS power to move 4200 pounds.

Yeah my father has one and we raced it twice at englishtown NJ and in the summer heat with 500miles i got a 13.5 @103 with a 2.0 60ft and in 40 degree weather with 2700 miles i got a 13.3@107 with a 2.2 60ft. I know it has more than that. BRENT got a 12.5@111 and his had 12,000 miles

THEY DEFINATLY HAVE THE POWER, but my preferred 4door is an 03-06 E55 AMG !!!!!!!!
Old 12-02-2005, 09:08 PM
12 Second Club

Me and ace will be running the srt8 tonight, we are going to strap a little skinny kid in one of our cars or in his so we can get a better view of the run.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:00 AM
On The Tree

Well we raced tonight. It went down like this. The first race I spun a little bit off the line, so he jumped ahead of me by a car, but I reeled him in and passed him. Got him by like half a car. He says his traction control was on. The second race he has his hood popped for a little while. Then we raced. I hooked decent but could feel my car kinda drifting off to the side. I got him off the line and pulled all the way through. Not sure by how much I beat him. The last race he hooked good and I spun and got sideways at top of 1st so I let off.

Bubba did not get a chance to run him, but im sure Bubba will beat him. Bubba did race an H22 hatch. He beat him pretty bad. I raced the H22 from a roll and pulled on him both times.

My friend has the video. Ill see when he will post it up.