Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Slaughtered an 05 GT last night

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 01:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Slaughtered an 05 GT last night

so me and my buddy with a 3rd gen RX-7 roll into the local hangout, and as soon as we got out of our cars, a couple of guys come up to me, and ask me if i wanted to run the mustang GT. i said, sure, whats it got done? he said just intake and exhaust, with the A4 tranny, and they ask me the same question, and i said, well i have the same mods done.

so we went out to do 2 dig runs only. the first one, we both got good launches, but i was just pulling and pulling, lets say about 6 cars to 100.. , and the second run was exactly like the first one.

what had me puzzled, is that i thought he had a bottle, but he didnt?? normally ppl would know how fast corvettes are, especially ls1's.

note: he had a passenger and i didn't have one.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Nice kill dude. Even better when you run twice back to back with the same result's.
Clear's up any "what if's?".
Old 09-30-2006, 02:09 PM
Banned

If he had a proper intake and exhaust with tune, he should have been somewhere around the same dyno numbers as you. 12.9's-13.3 ish. is easily done with that setup that he had on his stang. I was low thirteens (13.4) in mine when I was stock. With the tune, he should be right with you because these things are seriously de-tuned from the factory. Most guys that are custom tuned are running around the 300whp and tq. Basically, you need to run into a M5 with the driver mod .

You can't judge a car by any one race, especially cars that within .5 tenths of each other.
Here's the track where I run. It's high altitude so the numbers will be at least a second slower than normal. They say 1.2 seconds slower
This is proof that you can't judge a car by one race.

Click here

Last edited by TheBigthree; 09-30-2006 at 02:15 PM.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=TheBigthree]If he had a proper intake and exhaust with tune, he should have been somewhere around the same dyno numbers as you. 12.9's-13.3 ish. is easily done with that setup that he had on his stang. I was low thirteens (13.4) in mine when I was stock. With the tune, he should be right with you because these things are seriously de-tuned from the factory. Most guys that are custom tuned are running around the 300whp and tq.[QUOTE]

don't LS1 vettes have around 310-320 whp? plus, the vette also had intake and exhaust, giving it an extra edge. vettes also have quite a weight advantage too.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TheBigthree
If he had a proper intake and exhaust with tune, he should have been somewhere around the same dyno numbers as you. 12.9's-13.3 ish. is easily done with that setup that he had on his stang. I was low thirteens (13.4) in mine when I was stock. With the tune, he should be right with you because these things are seriously de-tuned from the factory. Most guys that are custom tuned are running around the 300whp and tq. Basically, you need to run into a M5 with the driver mod .

You can't judge a car by any one race, especially cars that within .5 tenths of each other.
Here's the track where I run. It's high altitude so the numbers will be at least a second slower than normal. They say 1.2 seconds slower

Click here
05 stangs are detuned?
Don't know about that one.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

If I had to base my experience with the www.ls1tech.com on my experience today....

don't ever tell a mustang owner on this site that there's any LS1 that can beat any mustang. Ford is the best company which only supports the best human values Americans should be proud of....

Please, Mustang owners, just like Area 51...none of this happend, a Vette will never, ever beat any mustang. Please forgive us mustang owners....please! What he meant to say was any mustang, properly tuned will get 620rwhp/545rwtq without N20.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Nothing wrong with sticking up for your car, but you're fogetting that the mustang isn't exactly a light car. So even if the mustang is running similar power numbers to the vette, which I doubt it is since the vette has similar mods, it's going to be a loss for the mustang.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Click here

Bwahahahahaha. I don't know how to respond to this. A corvette, which is some 300+ lbs. lighter, has more power throughout the entire rpm range, is within spitting distance of a Mustang GT. Dude, the mags have shown 6.0 GTO's to beat 05 Mustang GT's, and by more then 3 tenths of a second, and C5 vettes are faster then 6.0 GTO's. I'm sure you ran at a nice, negative density altitude track, that just happened to be downhill (E-Town mayhaps). Most dynos I see of 05 Stang GT's are in the 270whp range. You guys must think you're driving a Supra TT, and adding a cold air intake is gonna add 30whp.

Good kill author. Keep the 05 Mustang GT kills coming.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Click here
UM, what?...okie dokie.

#1) 13.4 is NOT low 13s....stop exhaggerating. You are making stang owners look REALY bad with that comment. 13.4 is MID 13s.
#2) a FULL exhaust (headers and all) with intake and tune MIGHT hit high 12s. It will take one HELL of a driver.
#3) if your track is at high altitude and you ran a 13.4, you must be John Force. Let me guess, the 13.4 is Corrected. Let me give you a hint......'corrected for altitude' is a GUESSTIMATE. Just like using RWHP numbers to figure out how much HP there is at the crank....GUESSTIMATE. And are my eyes lying to me, or does that track have a slope at the end?..HMM.

Now stop making stang owners.....ERR....Correction......ALL PERFORMANCE owners look bad....IE: stop shootin' crap from your mouth. An S197 is barely a driver's race with a mach, and a mach is a driver's race with a C5. How do you figure a C5 is a .5 driver's with an S197??
Old 09-30-2006, 05:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 93ChevExt5.7
If I had to base my experience with the www.ls1tech.com on my experience today....

don't ever tell a mustang owner on this site that there's any LS1 that can beat any mustang. Ford is the best company which only supports the best human values Americans should be proud of....

Please, Mustang owners, just like Area 51...none of this happend, a Vette will never, ever beat any mustang. Please forgive us mustang owners....please! What he meant to say was any mustang, properly tuned will get 620rwhp/545rwtq without N20.

Ignorance is bliss......

I don't go onto SVTP or any other FOrd site and talk crap on Gm. Can you not have any respect?

BTW - Slow Vette, nice runs man....nice to shut up an ignorant owner.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Ignorance is bliss......

I don't go onto SVTP or any other FOrd site and talk crap on Gm. Can you not have any respect?

thanks for all the compliments guys...
Old 09-30-2006, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Ignorance is bliss......

Your right ponygt65....ignorance is bliss...check with JayplaySS2 and unit213 and ask them what happend earlier today about another thread we were on today since you appear to need some background. All mustang owners rule....even the ones I thought I had beat in any race. They were just being sick and holding back and letting me think I won...

I don't go to SVTP or any other Ford site...except to look at the pics of the cars there.

Now I have to try to log back onto this forum later on today to see if my login still works. I'm wondering when they'll change this website to
www.ls1tech(dontbashfordormustangcobras).com

....especially when one of the moderators is a cobra owner....threads tend to disappear....that's what shows how ignorant I am.

Last edited by 93ChevExt5.7; 09-30-2006 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice kill.

Although I think the sn95's can be made to run decent. However 300rwhp from a tune and intake is total wishful thinking. 280rwhp on a Dynojet is quitre possible though.

But yeah the stock ECU and electronic throttle do hold it back, similar to the new C6. So "detuned" is the wrong word. But non-optomized would be a better fit.

But some simple mods can get them shifting.

12.4 @ 107mph

With ET streets, 4.30 gears, CAI and a tune (via handheld programmer). Stock exhuast! It was a manual 5-speed though.

Although, its a cracking ET the trap means a Vette trapping ~110mph you still have it from a roll.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:24 PM
Banned

Slow Vette, a 110 Trap is good for a 12.8X.
Put some 555's or BFG's on that beast.
___
And nice run. I thought 2002 Vetts had 350 Crank hp?
Old 09-30-2006, 07:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Slow Vette.....good kill.

I really doubt that guy ran a 13.4
Old 09-30-2006, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2001ramairconv
Maybe the passenger wieghted the Mustang down like it did the BMW M6 when it got dusted by the Z06? Or maybe the Mustang was a six cylinder? Maybe just maybe the Corvette is FASTER. Quit trying to make up reasons a SLOWER car got beat by a FASTER one. Its simple Mustangs stock are SLOW and while they can be made to be fast just like anything else there is no way anyone can convince me that a stock Mustang would even hang with my TA let alone a Vette that is lighter and has more power.
LOL - good point that's probably what happend to the 2002/2003 Mustang GT I beat by three car lengths last night said reference his GF. "If you hadn't been in the car, I would have trashed that truck!!" (followed by a slap from her and the slambing of the door) and a "oh, honey, I'm not saying your fat...I'm sorry!!"
Old 09-30-2006, 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

considering i got the heavy camaro( convertable ) and i have beaten three gt's badly roll racing (all m5's) one with exhaust, intake,and tune(this when i was slp lid and lm1and predator only mods i had) ....driver mod mustang gt vs c5 corvette? funny. maybe if a 90yr old was in the corvette and john force in the stang.
Old 09-30-2006, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by burnzilla
Slow Vette, a 110 Trap is good for a 12.8X.
Put some 555's or BFG's on that beast.
___
And nice run. I thought 2002 Vetts had 350 Crank hp?
yeah i was on bald RUNCRAPS at the time, now i have bfg's kdw2's on there
can't wait to go back to the track in the winter

and 300bhp/ton, im still on the stock tune to..
Old 09-30-2006, 08:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 93ChevExt5.7
Your right ponygt65....ignorance is bliss...check with JayplaySS2 and unit213 and ask them what happend earlier today about another thread we were on today since you appear to need some background. All mustang owners rule....even the ones I thought I had beat in any race. They were just being sick and holding back and letting me think I won...

I don't go to SVTP or any other Ford site...except to look at the pics of the cars there.

Now I have to try to log back onto this forum later on today to see if my login still works. I'm wondering when they'll change this website to
www.ls1tech(dontbashfordormustangcobras).com

....especially when one of the moderators is a cobra owner....threads tend to disappear....that's what shows how ignorant I am.

The fact that a moderator owns a stang has no bearing. You are making childish IGNORANT comments. That is what I replied too. If you had followed up with a 'there was an inside joke to that comment pony' then I would have understood. Instead, you replied with another childish 'stang owners are lame' type post. You obviously have issues with stang owners. But dont' be so lame as to think we are all the same. Grow up.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
Nice kill.

Although I think the sn95's can be made to run decent. However 300rwhp from a tune and intake is total wishful thinking. 280rwhp on a Dynojet is quitre possible though.

But yeah the stock ECU and electronic throttle do hold it back, similar to the new C6. So "detuned" is the wrong word. But non-optomized would be a better fit.

But some simple mods can get them shifting.

12.4 @ 107mph

With ET streets, 4.30 gears, CAI and a tune (via handheld programmer). Stock exhuast! It was a manual 5-speed though.

Although, its a cracking ET the trap means a Vette trapping ~110mph you still have it from a roll.

The comments and story is in reference to an 05 GT (S197). You lost me on that post 300bhp.