Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bone stock 06 sti death

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bone stock 06 sti death

Somebody I know has 06 an sti talks all sorts of smack everyday how his sti is the baddest car on the streets, he says to me all the time, turboback intake and reflash and I'll have 340 all wheel horsepower and 360 all wheel torque, is that bs sounds like it to me so I just smile and nod.

Well finally, the other night he kept buggging me for a race down an 1/8 mile strech of road(that I hate racing on cause its so damn short and you have to jump on your brakes at the end) and we raced up to about 60 mph, well its cold out and I am on street tires so I smoked the tires pretty much the first half of the race, and he beat me by a car (in my defense I was reeling him back in once my tires stopped spinning)

The whole night I never hear the end of it how his sti is godly and I tell him next year me and him at the track and you'll be in my mirror you before the 1000. But of course he tells me I'll have no chance cause he'll have his turboback intake and reflash with 340 to the wheels, he knows I only run a 13.3 @ 108 and he tells me stis run 12.9 @ 104 stock and the extra 40 horsepower from his 3 mods will have him running low 12s at 110.

Anyways thats my story. Comments?
Old 12-10-2006, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

AWD with the power to take advantage of it scares me. All a car like that has to do to claim a victory is outlaunch you and then end the race before you catch them I raced an AWD turbo porsche and it was over before it started, he outlaunched me by a mile and that was the last I saw of him.

Lucky for me the only STI i've ever raced was on the freeway and I pulled the little bastard hard.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

but on the other hand. if the mess up their launch their just as dead.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:54 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It takes some skill to launch an AWD
Old 12-10-2006, 08:07 PM
11 Second Club

Why not race him from a roll??
Old 12-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Teching In

What a joke that guy is lol. Tell him to race an 06 EVO with the same mods... he will stop bragging.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tacklebox
He won't race from a roll, but funny, when he had his srt4(that he flipped and wrecked street racing) he would never race me from a dig, only a roll

Originally Posted by Electric
What a joke that guy is lol. Tell him to race an 06 EVO with the same mods... he will stop bragging.
I asked him why he didn't get an evo(I like the way the look better) and he told me they where a pos compared to an sti...
Old 12-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JimboManJones
He won't race from a roll, but funny, when he had his srt4(that he flipped and wrecked street racing) he would never race me from a dig, only a roll

I asked him why he didn't get an evo(I like the way the look better) and he told me they where a pos compared to an sti...

Thats the funniest thing Ive ever heard lol
Old 12-10-2006, 08:31 PM
11 Second Club

That sucks because he will only race you in HIS race, from a dig with AWD, vs. you on street tires, he has the obvious advantage - you gotta tell this guy to quit being a bitch and race you from a roll. Just my .02...
Old 12-10-2006, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

That sucks because he will only race you in HIS race, from a dig with AWD, vs. you on street tires, he has the obvious advantage - you gotta tell this guy to quit being a bitch and race you from a roll. Just my .02...
If I tell him to quit being a bitch and race me from a roll he'll just tell me to buy slicks. Trust me, you can't win with this guy. Anyways, he wants to race next year at e-town and well, by then I plan on having drag radials and he says he'll have a turboback, tune and intake, do you think I'll have a shot at shutting him up? I am pretty sure e-town is closed for the winter now.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Tell him to race a damn 1/4 mile. He probably knew he would out launch you hence the AWD and you street tire and knew you wouldn't catch him in the 1/8th. 60 is a horribly short race I drive an A4 for 2.73 and im not even in second till 55-60. I have never heard of 12.9s from a stock sti. Gte a nice H&C and walk his *** all day next year
Old 12-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The EVO9 is so much more of a beat (and more durable) than the STnooneservicesthembutthenon-existantsubarudealershipsandmodsaresodamnexpensive cars.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Teching In

What the hell is a turboback intake?
Old 12-10-2006, 10:08 PM
12 Second Club

My friend has an '07 STI limited with 1200$ in mods(turboback and something else) and a tune. He ran 13.06 @ 106 mph Friday night with a 1.7 60'. He's putting down 333whp and 411wtq.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

letting off at the 1000' mark
Old 12-10-2006, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol throw on some et streets and spank him, or do a little burnout next time, you can hook pretty descent on street tires, i've cut a couple 1.9's on street tires before I bought some ET streets for the track.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:19 PM
11 Second Club

cuz its ****** gay thats why.

put a tire on your car and you will outlaunch him np. i outlaunch modded evos and sti's all day in my Z. as long as you have the right feel for your car and know how to launch it good on the street. in some cases they might get at most a half car to a car on the launch but once they shift, they are done. you will just fly past them.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Addict

If I tell him to quit being a bitch and race me from a roll he'll just tell me to buy slicks. Trust me, you can't win with this guy. Anyways, he wants to race next year at e-town and well, by then I plan on having drag radials and he says he'll have a turboback, tune and intake, do you think I'll have a shot at shutting him up? I am pretty sure e-town is closed for the winter now.

Englishtown? are you in Jersey?
Old 12-10-2006, 10:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bigbadblackws6
cuz its ****** gay thats why.

put a tire on your car and you will outlaunch him np. i outlaunch modded evos and sti's all day in my Z. as long as you have the right feel for your car and know how to launch it good on the street. in some cases they might get at most a half car to a car on the launch but once they shift, they are done. you will just fly past them.
Okaaaayyy why would that be "****** gay"? If i had the opportunity to put some **** talking evo in his place and race him from a roll, I'd do it!!! Until he gets some tires, or races him on a full 1/4 mile, i say try to get him to race from a roll and shut this guy up...
Old 12-10-2006, 10:58 PM
TECH Resident

Okaaaayyy why would that be "****** gay"? If i had the opportunity to put some **** talking evo in his place and race him from a roll, I'd do it!!! Until he gets some tires, or races him on a full 1/4 mile, i say try to get him to race from a roll and shut this guy up...[/QUOTE]
But if you beat a sti at its own game it feelsl awesome. Then he has no room to talk. I love to awd cars from a dig just to put them in their place.