Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano Hollow bar update

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 01:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 135 Likes on 88 Posts

Default Strano Hollow bar update

As some of you know, we've had material supply issues that have caused a backorder on our hollow front bars. We have a number of backorders pending, and I appreciate the patience shown by those folks.

The update is this: Bars are still out of stock, but a run of material has arrived. The material has to be checked for hardness (too hard means it's brittle and could crack). Pending passing the rockwell hardness test, the bars will begin production. As long at the material suits our needs, we should have bars ready to go in the next 2 weeks or so.

Normally I would not post something not quite ready to go, but in this case folks are wanting to know the status of the bars, and it's been a while since I've had any good news to pass along.

Please note that this is not a guarantee, just a goodwill update. I cannot make metal pass the test, and will not ship bars made of metal that will not pass. I'd rather wait, even if it costs me some sales of my bars.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-14-2008, 06:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good news, I hope I can get some overtime at work for some sway bar cash!
Old 12-27-2008, 01:21 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

::: Yawn ::: Placed order back in June was it? Any chance this is gonna be something that ever gets made again?
Old 12-27-2008, 10:47 AM
Launching!

so it should be ready to be shipped to us in 2 weeks or will it be finished in 2 weeks?
Old 12-29-2008, 03:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by BuffJoeyD
::: Yawn ::: Placed order back in June was it? Any chance this is gonna be something that ever gets made again?
I had some come in a while back, but your cc wouldn't clear and I could not get a hold of you with the number I have on file and on your order. I still have the order when hollow bars are again available.

Yes, it's been quite a long time and if I had control over it, you can bet it wouldn't have been so long as that's a very popular set for us. But I can't control other companies. Basically it's a waiting game at this time.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 12-29-2008, 03:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by some_punk
so it should be ready to be shipped to us in 2 weeks or will it be finished in 2 weeks?

You lost me? What are you talking about?

Test bars have been fitted, and have to be changed. Some new tooling is on order. I promise you that the split second I can furnish anyone with a set of hollow bars front and rear, in the sizing I feel it best, I'll post up.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Launching!

I was asking if it will get to us in 2 weeks? About when will it get to our doors?

Last edited by some_punk; 01-01-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:38 AM
Launching!

any updates on this?
Old 01-06-2009, 09:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sam,

I thought you already had a front Hollow Sway Bar? Is this different from what is currently offered? I need to stay on top of this, as I plan to upgrade to your sway bars and springs in the future.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:28 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Folks need these bars ASAP.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:16 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Ok, this is getting a little meandering.

When the hollow front bars are again ready, I *PROMISE* I'll let you all know. I have not reason to hide them.

We have had hollow fronts for a few years, but the supplier I always used for some reason can no longer supply hollow (at leat for now). So, I'm working with other companies on having them made, but it's not nearly as easy as making solid bars. Equipment, test bars and the process isn't an overnight thing. The first few test bars weren't right on fit, some other tooling is on order to try again.

That's the status. I'm sorry I have nothing new to offer on that front. Sometimes business doesn't work the way I'd like (happens when dealing with other companies). I'm working on it.

In the meantime we did make a run of heavier, but also less expensive solid front bars ($160 a bar vs. $239) to offer with the hollow rear (the pair being $369). Yes, heavier and not a replacement for a hollow bar I realize. But considering hollow bars aren't exactly crawling all over for the car, it's a good secondary alternative while we wait for a new supplier and I to work out tooling for a new bar.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I had some come in a while back, but your cc wouldn't clear and I could not get a hold of you with the number I have on file and on your order. I still have the order when hollow bars are again available.

Yes, it's been quite a long time and if I had control over it, you can bet it wouldn't have been so long as that's a very popular set for us. But I can't control other companies. Basically it's a waiting game at this time.
If my number didnt work you could have emailed me- my email worked when you mass emailed myself and like 10 other people who were on hold as well when you said hopefully 2 weeks Back in October... I kept money in that stupid account ( A washington Mutual account ) That I didnt want to keep cash in simply for these bars. If you know who I am from my order then why didnt you PM me-

Going even farther back when I called you I asked for an update month after the order was placed and u had stated that my card hadnt been charged and I said go ahead and charge is so that can be cleared and out of the way- and that you hadnt contacted me at all due to their being nothing to tell.

I would usually PM this type of board garbage but Im glad this wasnt a set of pistons or something I needed to make my car run. There is no secondary alt. for me - Either the car loses weight from the hollow bar or it keeps the crappy factory heavy bar. If you can't supply the item in a timely manner thats fine- I told you when the order was placed as you had stated I had missed the last set out the door that I can work with anything you have to work with to get the product. But it would be nice to have an idea or some sort of communication on the matter more than once every 2-3 months

Last edited by BuffJoeyD; 01-12-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BuffJoeyD
If my number did.....
I could be wrong, but this seems more of a PM-worthy type response.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:50 AM
TECH Regular

Hey Sam, any updates on this yet??
Old 01-22-2009, 11:58 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I'm sorry to say--- no.

Frustrating as all hell to me. In the meantime remember I can offer alternative setups using a solid front/hollow rear, or if money allows a Hotchkis hollow front with my hollow rear.

That's not my ideal solution. The Hotchkis front bar is about 5 pounds heavier than my Hollow front (when I have them), and a good bit more costly. And their kit simply uses too much rear bar on a car with a stock roll center height in the rear, so I'd still want to use my hollow rear.

A setup like that would cost around $475 vs. my bars @ $439 a set and there would be a bit more shipping involved as the bars would ship separately. To the door most places would be roughly $520--still less than the set of Hotchkis bars and not a bad value.

To recap: Until I can get my front bars made again (and God knows I'm trying!). We have two options for workable balance

Option 1: Strano Solid front 35mm/Hollow rear 22mm for $369 plus shipping.

Option 2: Hotchkis Hollow 36mm/Strano Hollow rear 22mm for approximately $475-480 plus shipping. Pricing is still TBD because it's very hard to get Hotchkis front bars separately. This is not set in stone, but I'm working on it as an option and I'm 97% sure I can do this.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sam..I'll patiently wait for your front hollow sway bar to compliment your rear bar. I have sways on there now, not the best, but functional. So keep us updated on your progress!
Old 01-28-2009, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any update
Old 01-28-2009, 03:08 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

New tooling as arrived, we're trying to bend another test bar next week. Until I'm happy with the result, I won't make a run.

Hopefully soon.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:25 AM
TECH Addict

Well good luck Sam, I hope you get that testing done soon so we can have your bars !
Old 01-29-2009, 08:51 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

What the hell Sam...oh wait...I already have your bars Neener neener to the rest of you.

Quick Reply: Strano Hollow bar update