Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI LCA and relocation brackets question

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 12:53 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UMI LCA and relocation brackets question

I bought non-adjustable ones, and hearing about improper install of the relocation brackets can cause axle to be off center. So would doing this on a drive on 4 post hoist be the easiest way of installing it? And Since it has 2 position, which hole do I use for strano springs?
Old 02-03-2009, 01:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for the install it will depend on if you have bolt on or weld on brackets. i thought the directions were pretty self explanitory. the only part that was a bit confusing is that you have to cut your brake line mount a little bit for it to fit around the relocation brackets (on my bolt on LCA brackets). if, for some reason, your axle is off center that will need to be adjusted with an adjustable panhard bar. there is two holes for the relocation brackets. usually the top hole will provide the best handling where the bottom hole will provide the best straight line traction. it never hurts to experiment for yourself to see what you like best.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:08 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up More than glad to help!

Originally Posted by cals400ex
for the install it will depend on if you have bolt on or weld on brackets. i thought the directions were pretty self explanitory. the only part that was a bit confusing is that you have to cut your brake line mount a little bit for it to fit around the relocation brackets (on my bolt on LCA brackets). if, for some reason, your axle is off center that will need to be adjusted with an adjustable panhard bar. there is two holes for the relocation brackets. usually the top hole will provide the best handling where the bottom hole will provide the best straight line traction. it never hurts to experiment for yourself to see what you like best.
Hello,
He's right! and it all depends on if you have the weld on or bolt on! If you have any other questions or problems feel free to pm me and I will be glad to help!
Thanks again,
Brad
Old 02-03-2009, 07:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

i have UMI bolt in ones and umi non adjustable LCA's and i need the adjustable ones because one side isn't centered i nthe wheel well. But man i love them. I will get adjustable ones this summer when i get new rear end
Old 02-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Launching!

I got the Bolt on ones, I am just worried about it being off centered. What would be the easiest way of making sure it doesnt go off center?
Old 02-03-2009, 09:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Just adjust you lca's and it will stay. look from the side and see where the gaps are in the wheel well. My driver side looks centered fine but my passenger side is alot closer to the rear by the bumper. Everything looks and runs fine it just bugs me when i look at it lol
Old 02-03-2009, 09:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SFC's

Hello,
What do you mean uncentered? After putting the bolt in the lower control arms and then on the tunnel area it shouldn't be uncentered. There is no modifying that needs to be done to the SFC's or frame! If you have any other problems or questions feel free to contact us and we will be glad to help!
Thanks Again,
Jerry
Old 02-05-2009, 03:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

This is what my rear end did when i pit UMI lca relocation brackets You see why i need adjustable LCA's
Old 02-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Teching In

looking at the pic i would assume that either the bracket was bent or it is installer incorrectly check the bolts to see if everything is tight. i beleive on these they have a section that you have to remove the lower shock bolt and put the bracket behind the shock, make sure the bracket is not broke or bent here.