Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

who has Eibach sportlines??

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 10:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default who has Eibach sportlines??

I have the LS1 eibach sportlines on my car....I love how the car is sitting...but the rear sagged too much and when I turn or hit a decent sized bump, my fenders scrape my tires...not bad, just enough to the point its annoying. I have goodyear eagle F1 GS D3's in 315 on the rear which are the widest 315 you can get....and for shocks I have the KYB AGX adjustable shocks on all 4....I dont have a pan hard bar yet, thats the last suspension mod I need to get before im done...

what can I do to raise my rear about 1/2"? Can I do the hose mod on the sportline spring, then set the spring in the rubber coupler? Can I make a spacer to go on the top of the rubber coupler? or should I just find my stock rear springs and do the hose mod on them? heres an idea how my car sites right now...

and I dont want to raise it too much to the point that its in a goofy stance.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

I had sportlines on my Firehawk with stock shocks and HATED it. I went to strano springs and koni shocks.

Honestly between sportlines and the strano springs there isn't that much difference in height. The ride quality is much better with the strano's but the koni's have a lot to do with that.

Sportlines

Old 02-06-2009, 01:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Strano's

Old 02-06-2009, 01:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This is what you need, Along with a ADJ. PHB !

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...115+4294924746
Old 02-06-2009, 09:50 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
Strano's

thanks but if you read my post, I dont have stock shocks. I have KYB AGX adjustable shocks on all 4....
Old 02-06-2009, 10:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Where are you rubbing? Where is the visual evidence? Did you any of the modifications to fit the tires like BFH or rolling fenders? How high up do you consider a goofy stance?

If you raise the car up you might prevent a little bit of rubbing, but you didn't do anything to change your range of fully compressed suspension travel. You could go to stock springs and still potentially put the rear tires in the same spot in the fenders under full compression. That being said, the range of compressed suspension travel is not the problem (unless you removed your bumpstops which isn't a good idea).

I hate sportlines personally, but I'm thinking that changing springs won't fix the problem. I'm going with the rear is off center and possibly rubbing hard on one side (aka PHB adjustment), or the car just needs more fender modification to fit the tires...
Old 02-06-2009, 11:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
I have the LS1 eibach sportlines on my car....I love how the car is sitting...but the rear sagged too much and when I turn or hit a decent sized bump, my fenders scrape my tires...

what can I do to raise my rear about 1/2"? Can I do the hose mod on the sportline spring, then set the spring in the rubber coupler? Can I make a spacer to go on the top of the rubber coupler? or should I just find my stock rear springs and do the hose mod on them? heres an idea how my car sites right now...

and I dont want to raise it too much to the point that its in a goofy stance.
I did read your post. That's why I said change your springs. Shocks didn't have anything to do with it.

Sorry if I was unclear. Sweet looking car.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:27 PM
TECH Junkie

I did read your post. That's why I said change your springs. Shocks didn't have anything to do with it.

Sorry if I was unclear. Sweet looking car.
Explain why you think springs will fix the problem. His problem is that he's rubbing on his fenders. We know we has fairly wide 315 tires
Old 02-06-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Because the sportlines have shitty spring rates, they are soft, sit to low. Raising the car up would help stop some of the problems that he is having. Going with better shocks may help the problem some too.

Maybe I am missing the whole problem here.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Strano's

Your car sits pretty damn low for strano springs. Did you do the rear hose mod and are the konis set on the lower perch upfront?
Old 02-06-2009, 12:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

I agree I think it sits freakin low too for strano springs. I have the factory rubber isolator in the back and the front are on the top perch.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Because the sportlines have shitty spring rates, they are soft, sit to low. Raising the car up would help stop some of the problems that he is having. Going with better shocks may help the problem some too.

Maybe I am missing the whole problem here.
His problem he wants to fix is the tire rubbing.

There's no question, sportlines are crap. But if he has a tire clearance problem then it will probably still rub. Better springs/shocks may alleviate the problem a little, but I would only consider it a band-aid toward fixing the tires rubbing. The OP should get his rear centered with the adjustable PHB first. After that then he should consider some more fender clearance ( not knowing what he's already done to make room for the 315 tires )
Old 02-06-2009, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by z28bryan
his problem he wants to fix is the tire rubbing.

There's no question, sportlines are crap. But if he has a tire clearance problem then it will probably still rub. Better springs/shocks may alleviate the problem a little, but i would only consider it a band-aid toward fixing the tires rubbing. The op should get his rear centered with the adjustable phb first. After that then he should consider some more fender clearance ( not knowing what he's already done to make room for the 315 tires )
+1 :d
Old 02-06-2009, 01:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by z28bryan
The OP should get his rear centered with the adjustable PHB first. After that then he should consider some more fender clearance ( not knowing what he's already done to make room for the 315 tires )
Very true. I guess I was putting the wagon before the horse...or however the hell you say it.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

LilJayV10's car is one of the lowest on my springs I've seen.... Also his Sportlines were seemingly taller than most you see on cars. Goes to show how variable things can be. The good news is the resulting ride is better (and I'm sure the handling is too).

If you look around at enough cars you'll find that you just can't guarantee a ride height for any set of springs. Here LilJayV10's Sportline rears sat more like a decent set of Pro-kit rear, not the slammed effect you normally see from Sportlines. Meanwhile mine, which are about the most consistent spring around lowered the car a bit more than you usually see. So far is doesn't seem to be too low for the owner as he hasn't changed it (and reports better results). And if it is, there are easy ways to raise it. The isolators can get hammered down and new ones restore some height. We can run air springs, etc. I'm not sure if there is a big stereo of anything else at play as for extra weight that wasn't there before with the Sportlines either--though I don't believe there is.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-06-2009, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I actually really like how LilJay's car sits with the stranos. I kind of wish that they all sat like that. This way, I would know what to order in the spring.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

If you do the isolator mod on my springs they'll sit more like that.

That's not be design, I prefer the rear higher than lower for the best axle travel.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-06-2009, 04:01 PM
11 Second Club

ok guys heres whats going on...

I didnt do the BFH mod, or take out a grinder...nothing. The only thing I did was take the aluminum spacer out of the bump stop...the stop itself is still there. The tires dont rub anywhere on the inside...the rubbing is comming from the outer fender (the inner edge of it) is scrapping the outer edge of my tire....My rear end is centered...I measured it and everything today but im still going to get a adjustable pan hard bar since thats still on my list....

I fixed the problem today however. I took the rear sportlines out, grabbed my stock rear springs and just set them up with the hose mod...its sitting dencently low, and the ride is much much better...I also put my rear shocks on a softer setting (they were on 7, now their on 5)...they dont rub, scrap or anything anymore....problem solved....

as far as suspension parts, aside from my kyb shocks, I have a spohn adjustable torque arm, BMR LCA's and the bolt in BMR LCA relocation brackets.

Last edited by kidcamaro98; 02-06-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...03/mikelok.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...e_edited-1.jpg

Old 02-06-2009, 07:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

The second picture down with the two cars.........i think i just wet myself. Holy crap that's a sexy looking car. I normally don't like those wheels on T/A's because they are so played out but they look perfect on that car.

Quick Reply: who has Eibach sportlines??