Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

hit a curb and i'm lost???!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy hit a curb and i'm lost???!!

i was playing in my car in the rain and i hit a curb hard enough to send me over the curb into grass another sixty yards away i managed to only dent my lip of my rim and scrape my bumper which i have no clue how it didn't do more visable i notice the tire is sticking out further i'm a body man so i know when a car looks like the frame is bent so i measured all the control points with datum gauges everythings perfect nothings bent so first thing comes to my head maybe the engine cradle is shifted nope not it either so to keep my tires from wearing i align the car giving a little on the tow to get it from wearing tires so much but my car is dog legging with no bent parts or frame??!! also to make matters worse my rearend is sideways but i'm pretty sure it's from lca bushings being wore out please help me i'm lost the car is fine but i don't like the fact my tire sticks out and the tire situation it's not enough to worry about but i want to lower my car some more and i think it will make it more visible if i do
Old 02-25-2009, 11:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yikes !!!! Sorry to hear that, but before you attempt to lower it or anything else....Fix whats broke. Good luck
Old 02-25-2009, 11:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check your panhard bar, it is connected to the rear and on one side, and the car on the other, its the straight bar behind the rear end. check your sway bar too. you may have bent some stuff over there.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

punctuation
Old 02-27-2009, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

straightened the rearend out lca's were out but still doesn't explain the front why it's over almost a inch to the left with nothing bent
Old 02-28-2009, 08:19 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

In the rear you most likely bent the panhard bar and maybe the control arms.

The front could be multiple things. I suggest checking the upper and lower A-Arms as well as the spindles. The K-member (engine cradle) could bend as well.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 02-28-2009, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

measured everything it's fine i've decided to just buy a whole front and rear suspension kits that way i lower my car and it just double checks everthing
Old 03-01-2009, 07:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gopherit98
measured everything it's fine i've decided to just buy a whole front and rear suspension kits that way i lower my car and it just double checks everthing
If you need any help with these please let us know... we offer a lot items that you might be interested in- www.umiperformance.com

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 03-01-2009, 09:47 AM
12 Second Club

Put the car on jacktsands and spin the tires and see if they wobble. A friend hit a curb hard enough that it bent the rim and the rear axle. We had to put a good rim on that axle to tell.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

99% that its your spindles. Thats what bent on mine when I went over a curb.

Quick Reply: hit a curb and i'm lost???!!