Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI 15% off sale 2/15-2/21

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 03:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Default UMI 15% off sale 2/15-2/21

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm honoring UMI's 15% sale this week. Because of the way my website is setup it takes forever to change individual prices:

Most every UMI Performance parts are on sale @ 15% off the normal retail price trough 2/21. There are some exceptions, such as C5 Brake kits, QA1 parts.

Complete front Suspension Kits (the FBS and FBT kits) are on sale for 10% off.

**********Applicable discounts will be applied to your order at the time Strano Peformance processes the order. PRICING ON THE WEBSITE WILL NOT REFLECT THE DISCOUNT, BUT IT WILL BE APPLIED ON ANY ITEM SUBJECT TO THE SALE WHEN YOUR CREDIT CARD IS CHARGED.**********

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-15-2010, 03:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

And yes.... for those of you with pending orders (orders placed today) you will also get the 15% discount.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-15-2010, 04:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just so you know, Sam, my girlfriend wants to kill you.

Something about me ordering the swaybars on valentines...

and now this? >_<
Old 02-15-2010, 04:08 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I'm such a bastard....

Old 02-15-2010, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lopoetve
Just so you know, Sam, my girlfriend wants to kill you.

Something about me ordering the swaybars on valentines...

and now this? >_<
LOL....nothing says "I love you" quite like sway bars
Old 02-15-2010, 08:30 PM
TECH Regular

well, dancing is swaying...
Old 02-15-2010, 08:41 PM
TECH Junkie

mmmm....adjustable torque arm for $234 ...mmmm

so do they come with the angle finder? and what is shopping to 33050 if you don't mind?
Old 02-16-2010, 07:15 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by teke184

so do they come with the angle finder? and what is shopping to 33050 if you don't mind?
Hello
Sam I hope I am not stepping on your toes by answering this...I figure it will just save you from having to email me... The angle finder is a extra $10.00 and I will PM you the shipping quote for the full length adjustable. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 02-16-2010, 07:38 AM
TECH Junkie

gotcha...

ignore my last PM than....sorry. read/replied to that before looking here.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:53 AM
Staging Lane

Just ordered Koni 4/3's, Sam's hollow sway bar set and a set of poly/roto joint umi LCA's from Sam. Looking forward to getting them and spending some time fitting.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by teke184

Actually, the TA would be $229.49 (missed a recent price drop). I can add the angle finder if you would like for $8.49, all you need to do is make a note of that on the order form.

Shipping to south Florida? About $30 given the weight and size of the box.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:45 PM
TECH Addict

I bought your Strano springs about a week or 2 ago, will be taking out a loan sometime soon to get some Koni 4/4's. So excluding those 2 mods, what would be a good next suspension mod to get?? I would like to take advantage of this deal.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Hmmmm, tough call. The most common 3 things would be LCA's, Torque Arm, and a PHB. Possibly a TA relocation bracket, and LCA relocation brackets (though I'm not a big fan). SFC's are hugely popular too. Handling wise the LCA's and PHB would be the prime things there.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:25 PM
TECH Resident

Bump for Strano being the suspension masta'
Old 02-16-2010, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Hmmmm, tough call. The most common 3 things would be LCA's, Torque Arm, and a PHB. Possibly a TA relocation bracket, and LCA relocation brackets (though I'm not a big fan). SFC's are hugely popular too. Handling wise the LCA's and PHB would be the prime things there.
Why aren't you a big fan? I was thinking about picking up a set...
Old 02-16-2010, 05:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I'll make you a deal.... First tell me why you need them (you might actually) without just saying because all lowered cars need them (not true). If you have a valid reason, I'm down with 'em, but just because someone says so isn't a valid reason. *WHY* do you need them? What happens to your car if you don't have them? What will be fixed by having them? And more to the point what are downsides to having them?

There are times and situations where they are necessary, there are times and situations they can actually work against you.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll make you a deal.... First tell me why you need them (you might actually) without just saying because all lowered cars need them (not true). If you have a valid reason, I'm down with 'em, but just because someone says so isn't a valid reason. *WHY* do you need them? What happens to your car if you don't have them? What will be fixed by having them? And more to the point what are downsides to having them?

There are times and situations where they are necessary, there are times and situations they can actually work against you.
Aren't they supposed to help w/ wheel hop and LCA angle after the car has been lowered? Therefore, the traction is regained and wheel hop is reduced? I'm not a suspension expert, and frankly don't know how most of the stuff works, that's why I am turning to you to help me out. The most I have done is read a couple threads and read the description of the product.

This is my daily driver in the summer and will see the track probably about 5 times this year.

So what exactly are the benefits and disadvantages of having them? I'm sure you have some personal experience so your information is always welcome and useful to me

If I don't really need them, then no point in spending $80 to get them.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by egott_91
Aren't they supposed to help w/ wheel hop and LCA angle after the car has been lowered? Therefore, the traction is regained and wheel hop is reduced? I'm not a suspension expert, and frankly don't know how most of the stuff works, that's why I am turning to you to help me out. The most I have done is read a couple threads and read the description of the product.

This is my daily driver in the summer and will see the track probably about 5 times this year.

So what exactly are the benefits and disadvantages of having them? I'm sure you have some personal experience so your information is always welcome and useful to me

If I don't really need them, then no point in spending $80 to get them.
And do you have wheel-hop? I lower cars all the time and don't get hop. Some cars hop stock, and lowering stops it. Sometimes it gets worse. My recommendation is to see what's what before tossing parts at the car.

I don't know if you do or do not need them. Not sure if they'd help or hurt. More traction isn't always good--you could bog the car with too much traction too.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

And do you have wheel-hop? I lower cars all the time and don't get hop. Some cars hop stock, and lowering stops it. Sometimes it gets worse. My recommendation is to see what's what before tossing parts at the car.

I don't know if you do or do not need them. Not sure if they'd help or hurt. More traction isn't always good--you could bog the car with too much traction too.
I suppose this is true. No point in buying a part that I don't need without testing what I have right now. I didn't have wheel hop last summer so I guess in the Spring, once I get the springs, shocks, and adj. PHB on, I'll find out if I actually need LCA relocation brackets or not. Thanks for saving me the money at this time.

Another question though. What are the benefits of adj. LCA's over non-adj. LCA's. I have non-adj's right now and just wondering if upgrading to adj. will allow me any better capabilities?
Old 02-16-2010, 06:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I'm about having the right part, if you don't need it--it's not right. I hate spending (wasting) money for no reason and imagine you guys do too, so I try and make recommendations with that in mine and try and fix a specific, actually problem....

Adjustable arms won't do anything but allow you to square the axle up if it's a little cockeyed under the car.

But I do recommend moving away from poly/poly type LCA's to something like a poly/roto-joint or rod-end LCA as the all bushinged setups don't let the axle move in rotation freely which can cause more oversteer, more sudden oversteer, and less predictable rear stability on bumpy surfaces... and they ride better to for the same reasons the car is more stable. The axle can better follow the road without dragging the body all over with it.

Quick Reply: UMI 15% off sale 2/15-2/21