Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ANy upgraded sotck springs out there??? Want to run KONI Adjustables

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 01:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANy upgraded sotck springs out there??? Want to run KONI Adjustables

I am looking to go back to stock height and have adjustable shocks as I have installed an STS turbo kit on my car and do not want to risk bottoming out. Any nice springs out there that do not lower the car. I got the car with RACE then switched to the Bilstein kit and feel like going back to stock. I guess I am getting old now. I am 35 and have had the car for 10 years now.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:11 AM
Staging Lane

Found some Koni 8241's anybody like these shocks??? Now what springs....hmm
Old 08-25-2010, 02:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nah, i havnt heard of any aftermarket springs with the stock height. what were you looking to get out of it anyways? the rigidity of aftermarket the height of stock? not saying it cant be done, but ide imagine it'd be tough to make a spring like that unless you have a really thick coil. why not just use stock springs in general?
Old 08-25-2010, 12:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Depsite the fact that the STS sits under the car at the muffler's original location.. is it really a low point for the car? I'm not really sure, but I've heard the STS sits up high enough for that not to be a huge issue.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont think you will find a good new spring that gives stock ride height. I bought some Moog front springs after I discovered I had a broken stock spring & wanted to keep the stock ride height. Those things jacked up the front end 2 inches. It looked ridiculous & I had to change it. I didnt want to go with used springs so I ended up lowering it with some Stranos.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of the SLP springs were supposed be around stock height yet more of a handling spring. I forgot which one, something like "stage 2".
Old 08-26-2010, 02:38 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 4150
I'm suprised that no one has mentioned 1LE springs, stock height and better spring rates. You cant get them new anymore so you'll have to get them used.

Here are the spring rates for the 1LE's and others
http://www.angelfire.com/my/fastcar/suspension.html

1LE part numbers
http://www.angelfire.com/my/fastcar/parts.html

1LE springs also came stock on 98-99 SS's/WS6's so if you can find somebody that lowered their car and kept the stock springs see if you can pick them up. Just verify the part number before you get them.

I like you was looking for a set of stock height springs with a better rate and tried like hell to get a set of 1LE's, I gave up and picked up a set of Strano's. Not a bad compromise, of course as luck would have it I found a set of 1LE's a week later.
Thanks for this info. Very nice!!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 11:31 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
One of the SLP springs were supposed be around stock height yet more of a handling spring. I forgot which one, something like "stage 2".
They aren't close to stock height.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 08-26-2010, 11:33 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Stock springs aren't terrible, they get a bum deal because the shocks suck sooooo badly. Put a good set of shocks on there, and better yet a nice set of swaybars and enjoy. If you want to lower it, that's fine and springs do help a bit, but you don't want to lower it.

And regarding 1LE's. They aren't any magic elixir. I could have gotten a 1LE to autox, but chose a normal 2001 Z28, complete with softer springs as I felt it worked better in more situations. In fact more non-1LE's won autocross championships than 1LE's in the 4th gen body style.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 08-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Stock springs aren't terrible, they get a bum deal because the shocks suck sooooo badly. Put a good set of shocks on there, and better yet a nice set of swaybars and enjoy. If you want to lower it, that's fine and springs do help a bit, but you don't want to lower it.

And regarding 1LE's. They aren't any magic elixir. I could have gotten a 1LE to autox, but chose a normal 2001 Z28, complete with softer springs as I felt it worked better in more situations. In fact more non-1LE's won autocross championships than 1LE's in the 4th gen body style.
Really...so which spring won the most and what are you recommending then.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:15 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

If you don't want to lower the car, I'm recommending you stay on stock springs and add the Koni's.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WildDr805
I am looking to go back to stock height and have adjustable shocks as I have installed an STS turbo kit on my car and do not want to risk bottoming out. Any nice springs out there that do not lower the car. I got the car with RACE then switched to the Bilstein kit and feel like going back to stock. I guess I am getting old now. I am 35 and have had the car for 10 years now.
slp springs are the closes you are going to get to stock hight.

Quick Reply: ANy upgraded sotck springs out there??? Want to run KONI Adjustables