Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Anybody notice noise with Spohn adj. PHR w/ spherical ends?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 05:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody notice noise with Spohn adj. PHR w/ spherical ends?

A few months ago I installed a Spohn adj. PHR with both ends spherical. Thee has been a lot of rattling noise coming from the rear end.
The only problem is that I feel like my suspension has virtually fallen apart lately. I have had my eibach springs fail on me due to the jackass I bought the car from, which I strongly believe would take it to the strip and race it, had compressed the springs and drove it like that. My rear end was very soft and spongy. I thought something was wrong with the bilstein shocks. I went to some shops to find out but I was assured they were fine.
With that being told to me, I replaced the LCA's. It didn't help. I had some how busted one of my rear shocks. I decided to replace ALL the shocks with KYB AGX ones as well, I changed ALL the springs brand new of the same type of springs. There was are great improvement in the ride and these new shocks are ok but the lose rattling in the rear is STILL going on! WTF?!! I just wonder if the PHR is my problem our if it's possible there is something in the rear I'm over looking? Could someone please help me with ideas it could be?! It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 10-10-2010, 01:09 PM
TECH Regular

i have a umi double adjustable phb with rotojoints which is the equivalent to spohns del-sphere... mine was just as quiet as stock with no noticeable change in noise... what kind of lca's did you use?... those are more prone to making noise than the phb, unless you have some bolts loose... that being said, i would also check to make sure all the bolts are torqued down
Old 10-10-2010, 04:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Also, make sure the jam-nuts are tight.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

rod ends are ALWAYS noisey
Old 10-10-2010, 11:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sjsingle1
rod ends are ALWAYS noisey
Sorry that's just not true unless there worn, or the spacers aren't the correct size for the mount bolts, otherwise they should only transmit more road noise (especially) in the rear LCAs and (a little) in the front lower A-arms.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

never met a quiet rod.......wish i have
Old 10-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Teching In

are your LCA's rod ended too? Just wondering...After I got my UMI Adj. Panhard/ Adj. LCA's (both poly/rod end) I noticed the "clunking/rattle" noise, drove me crazy for a while trying to figure out what it was. I knew they would make some noise, but I couldn't believe it. Sounded like something was loose or rattling it's way out of place.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My UMI double adj rod ended bar is loud too. Especially over slow bumps. I need so lube for rod ends too. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Anybody notice noise with Spohn adj. PHR w/ spherical ends?