Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

US Veterans, please read.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 10:09 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Default US Veterans, please read.

A small bit of gratitude for what you have given the United States. Your time, your service, your bodies, and sadly sometimes your lives.

Thank you.

Sam Strano
Old 11-11-2010, 11:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Well said Sam. We appreciate the service of all active duty military and Veterans. God Bless.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Thank you guys very much for the show of respect, I( & we) appreciate it greatly.
Just doing a Job.....
Old 11-11-2010, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Undertow74
Thank you guys very much for the show of respect, I( & we) appreciate it greatly.
Just doing a Job.....
Old 11-11-2010, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lightbulb

Too bad the country is going bankrupt in part due to all the unconstitutional, undeclared war (police) actions which are more offense in nature as opposed to defense.

In 2010, it is estimated that about 40% of the U.S. government's tax receipts will be spent on defense. The U.S. military empire now consists of 700 military bases in 140 countries around the world.

Total military spending is already in the Trillion dollar a year range:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militar...e_note-Higgs-5

Completely unsustainable with the collapsing dollar and impending hyperinflation. If any of you take your oath seriously (and those who actually care about this country) to defend the US from enemies both domestic and abroad -- start by changing over all the politicians who keep burying our freedom, the constitution, and our futures by spending us and our children's children into oblivion.

My Dad was drafted in the Vietnam War -- another war Congress did not declare -- there has not been a declared war since WWII.

Let's hope there never again is a draft for an undeclared war, in fact, let's work to ensure that there is not one.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

thanks sam....in all my yrs in....i was only thanked after 9/11
Old 11-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Location: Current camp lejuene NC,, Back home is Soo michigan

me aswell as the guys in my unit lived among the afghan people in the garmsir district of afghanistan ive seen what the taliban do to these people and what the local people are capable of if you think the war is "unconstitutional" i will tell you first hand that me and the men in my unit did great things for the people whom are no longer repressed by a government with extreme views that was put into power because of a corrupt goverment from before(hopfully this might give you better insite into the war besides some crap you heard on the news about politics wich is always BS and if you want to know yes i had friends injured/killed by the taliban and have been in combat against them many times)

happy veterans day semper fi
Old 11-11-2010, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couple friends and some family in various branches who have all been in Iraq/Afghanistan, even back to the Desert Shield days. Lots of respect to all the .mil guys out there busting their asses.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for the words guys.. and what you drive Malicc08?
Old 11-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Teching In

Location: Current camp lejuene NC,, Back home is Soo michigan

94 trans am im in the proccess of painting it black myself at the auto body hobby shop place on bace there its nothing to special but i love it
Old 11-11-2010, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

Can we please not discuss politics in a thread designed to thank people for serving?

No matter the reasons for the wars we fight, the U.S. military and its members do an exceptional job under tremendously difficult circumstances. Despite any controversies over why we are there, as an Iraq Veteran I've personally seen the great job our military has done there and the great improvements in that country. I'm eager to deploy to Afghanistan to assist efforts there, and it looks like I'll get that chance next year.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:20 PM
TECH Regular

No Prob. I'd gladly do it again!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 05:42 PM
11 Second Club

Thank you Sam! Thanks to all who have served.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you for the gratitude and support Ryan and Sam.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<rant>
Doing "great things" for other countries and interfering with other governments which are corrupt or not, certainly isn't inline with the original intent of the founders, and certainly unconstitutional. Sounds more like a UN mission, not one of the US.

I mean if this country doesn't care about its Constitution, why not adopt the UN Charter, which means you have NO RIGHTS, ONLY PRIVILEGES, bestowed by government. NO THANKS , I would rather defend what we have and support only those who uphold what so many died for to guarantee our rights. But we won't keep what we don't fight for. These undeclared wars aren't doing anything to keep us free, it is only enslaving us by the costs, both monetary and consequential. The US is bankrupt in part due to the war machine, and this "quantitative easing" you hear about from the Federal Reserve is merely inflation -- notice all the prices going up at the grocery stores? Find it funny that the CPI does not include food and energy -- things EVERYONE has to pay for? The numbers are being manipulated...

That's right, no great improvements in OUR country, but touted great improvements in other countries we have no business in. Hmm, sounds familiar, like how this government (composed of migrants or invaders from overseas nations) screwed the Native Americans of THIS country.

I would rather you and your friends not have to go through any of that for wars that are not for declared, and not for national defense. You guys may be "doing your job", but not if the oath is meaningless -- notice the Constitution comes first:

"I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

What do I want from military -- defend the Constitution and provide national defense (no nation building, offense or police actions).
</rant>

Originally Posted by malicc08
me aswell as the guys in my unit lived among the afghan people in the garmsir district of afghanistan ive seen what the taliban do to these people and what the local people are capable of if you think the war is "unconstitutional" i will tell you first hand that me and the men in my unit did great things for the people whom are no longer repressed by a government with extreme views that was put into power because of a corrupt goverment from before(hopfully this might give you better insite into the war besides some crap you heard on the news about politics wich is always BS and if you want to know yes i had friends injured/killed by the taliban and have been in combat against them many times)
Old 11-11-2010, 09:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
<rant>
Doing "great things" for other countries and interfering with other governments which are corrupt or not, certainly isn't inline with the original intent of the founders, and certainly unconstitutional. Sounds more like a UN mission, not one of the US.

I mean if this country doesn't care about its Constitution, why not adopt the UN Charter, which means you have NO RIGHTS, ONLY PRIVILEGES, bestowed by government. NO THANKS , I would rather defend what we have and support only those who uphold what so many died for to guarantee our rights. But we won't keep what we don't fight for. These undeclared wars aren't doing anything to keep us free, it is only enslaving us by the costs, both monetary and consequential. The US is bankrupt in part due to the war machine, and this "quantitative easing" you hear about from the Federal Reserve is merely inflation -- notice all the prices going up at the grocery stores? Find it funny that the CPI does not include food and energy -- things EVERYONE has to pay for? The numbers are being manipulated...

That's right, no great improvements in OUR country, but touted great improvements in other countries we have no business in. Hmm, sounds familiar, like how this government (composed of migrants or invaders from overseas nations) screwed the Native Americans of THIS country.

I would rather you and your friends not have to go through any of that for wars that are not for declared, and not for national defense. You guys may be "doing your job", but not if the oath is meaningless -- notice the Constitution comes first:

"I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

What do I want from military -- defend the Constitution and provide national defense (no nation building, offense or police actions).
</rant>
hey man seriously can u take this elsewhere.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Keep this **** out of this thread. It seems you have a problem with the government, not the soldiers.

Anyways, carry on you guys, keep doing what you're doing. You have the respect and appreciation from all of us
Old 11-11-2010, 09:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Sam, Ryan and everyone else!! I would gladly do it again (and i just might, very soon) but it really does mean alot!!
Old 11-11-2010, 09:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and as a active duty marine sgt i thank you all too
Old 11-11-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Well put Sam!

Quick Reply: US Veterans, please read.