Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 01:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Talking UMI New Product- Front Lower A-Arms for the 82-92 Camaro/Firebird

UMI Performance Front Lower A-Arms for 1982-1992 Camaro and Firebird
Part #2031
Price - $399.99 per set

UMI Performance is now offering 3rd generation Camaro and Firebird enthusiasts the opportunity to upgrade from their current factory front A-arms to UMI’s light weight and robust tubular design. Introducing UMI’s #2031 Front Lower A-Arms which are assembled with polyurethane bushings, premium ball joints, bump stops and adjustable steering stops. UMI’s A-Arm kit is shipped fully assembled and ready for a direct bolt on installation for all 82-92 F-Body models. This heavy duty design removes 5lbs of front end weight will adding tire clearance and minimizing bushing deflection. Steering radius and tire clearance for aftermarket wheels and tires can now be adjusted using the bolt on aluminum steering stop shims supplied with each A-arm kit. You will have two powder coated colors to choose from of red or black as well as a Delrin bushing upgrade. As with all UMI Performance products, the UMI#2031’s are manufactured, tested and designed in the USA (Philipsburg, PA). The #2031 A-Arms are also competitively priced at $399.99 per set.

Website Link Here
Attached Thumbnails UMI New Product- Front Lower A-Arms for the 82-92 Camaro/Firebird-2031-r-mag.jpg  
Old 09-22-2011, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to see your company offer the same suspension components for the third gen that are offered for the 4th gen. I am in the process of building my Iroc, so far all of my suspension components are from UMI but I am lacking a K-member and a front sway bar. I spoke to Jerry several months ago about those particular pieces and he said that a "proto" was built for the sway bar but not in production yet, this was in March. I hate the idea of having to mismatch my suspension by purchasing from a different company
Old 09-22-2011, 03:46 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 95cam86roc
I would like to see your company offer the same suspension components for the third gen that are offered for the 4th gen. I am in the process of building my Iroc, so far all of my suspension components are from UMI but I am lacking a K-member and a front sway bar. I spoke to Jerry several months ago about those particular pieces and he said that a "proto" was built for the sway bar but not in production yet, this was in March. I hate the idea of having to mismatch my suspension by purchasing from a different company
Well I have good news for you

The K-member is almost completed, I will be releasing photos of it next week and we will shipping them by December. We will most likely release the sway bar with the K-member.

So hang in there. The K-member is very nice. Thanks!
Ryan
Old 09-22-2011, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Well I have good news for you

The K-member is almost completed, I will be releasing photos of it next week and we will shipping them by December. We will most likely release the sway bar with the K-member.

So hang in there. The K-member is very nice. Thanks!
Ryan
You are right, that is good new. I am glad to hear that the wait will be worth the while. BTW will a K-member be offered for LSx swaps?
Old 09-22-2011, 06:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

kewl arms.........nice that you offer derlin bushings......gunna get me another 3rd gen soon i hope
Old 10-18-2011, 01:49 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 95cam86roc
You are right, that is good new. I am glad to hear that the wait will be worth the while. BTW will a K-member be offered for LSx swaps?
Yes, the K-member will be offered with the standard motor mounts and a LSX option. We have a few proto-type pictures on our facebook page now and a release date scheduled for the end of November. Stay tuned!

Originally Posted by sjsingle1
kewl arms.........nice that you offer derlin bushings......gunna get me another 3rd gen soon i hope
Sounds great and thank you. We have been offering the Delrin bushings in more items lately. They firm the ride slightly but offer a lot less friction. We also have the ability to machine them here... so all Delrin bushings are made in house as well.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Yes, the K-member will be offered with the standard motor mounts and a LSX option. We have a few proto-type pictures on our facebook page now and a release date scheduled for the end of November.
I looked on your Facebook page but wasn't able to find a picture. Any updates on the k-member?
Old 11-10-2011, 09:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys. Thanks for the continued interest. The Jig is being finalized as we speak and has most of the components bolted to it. We'll get it in the car soon for testing. You've heard this before but it's true, we're very close.

Ramey

Quick Reply: UMI New Product- Front Lower A-Arms for the 82-92 Camaro/Firebird