Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS INOP and TCS Turning on and off

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 03:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ABS INOP and TCS Turning on and off

It rained and I passed thru some serious puddles and afterwards the abs inop light came on along with the TCS off. Drove home after work and noticed the battery voltage gauge went to 18volts! Then half way home the abs inop light went off and the TCS off light also wne off, meaning the TCS activated, and all the lights started to flicker. No bad but just enough, All of them: dash, dome light and even headlights. I notcied the battery voltage gauge was like around 16 volts. Im confues and have never seen this before. Im hoping that tomorrow maybe the wet connections get dry and the problem is gone but I have a feeling it wont be.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:26 AM
Launching!

Well it did it again driving to work. I got out of work and it didnt do it again but the voltage dropped too low to like 9 or 10. Car still turned on but now im confused
Old 01-10-2012, 04:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds like a loose wire somewhere or mabe your regulator on your alternator is goin bad. I would check all the connections frm alternator to battey. ESP since the alternator is bottom mounted. You said you hit a puddle and it went whacky.....
Old 01-11-2012, 12:42 AM
Launching!

Well Voltage today finally dropped enough to shuit the car down. luckily I was already pulling in to work. Car wouldnt crank enough. Battery was almost gone. Waited about 5 hrs and it cranked over but wouldnt last to long. only about 2 mintutes and voltage would drop. Swapped out battery to Optima 1000amps which I had on my other Fbody and it made it home about 17 miles but voltage was dropping again. I guess I have no choice to replace alternator after checking connections of course.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by shaulinmathvader
Well Voltage today finally dropped enough to shuit the car down. luckily I was already pulling in to work. Car wouldnt crank enough. Battery was almost gone. Waited about 5 hrs and it cranked over but wouldnt last to long. only about 2 mintutes and voltage would drop. Swapped out battery to Optima 1000amps which I had on my other Fbody and it made it home about 17 miles but voltage was dropping again. I guess I have no choice to replace alternator after checking connections of course.
I would look into getting a truck alt if you are going to replace it.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Launching!

Why truck alternator?
Old 01-11-2012, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

more power. there are a few threads for the abs/tcs lights, but for the rest, dunno... i had dash lights go nuts after a random fuse blew, the PWR ACCRY one i think, but id check them all. do the tcs/abs light come on @ high speed / highway driving?
Old 01-12-2012, 12:01 AM
Launching!

Any specific truck. U guys have a part number cuz i did turn out to be the alternator
Old 01-12-2012, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

there are a few threads on here with the part number# look at the thread titled "the fix to my endless alternator failures....."

Quick Reply: ABS INOP and TCS Turning on and off