Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

I want to go left! then Right! Suspension help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face I want to go left! then Right! Suspension help!

I'm sorry I tried to dig through the post's to find previous threads about this very subject but none were very clear or even pertained specifically to what I want my car to do.

I know a respectable amount about cars in functionality, capabilities and what is needed to do better in the desired areas. What I don't know is what parts(brands) or maybe specific tweaks you people may have discovered through your own builds.

I have a 2000 TA Formula that the previous owners had done work to. Something were nice like the engine runs great and pulls strong to about 6300 then time for the next gear. The not so nice things was the cheap *** drop they did to the car which it seems pretty extreme as my brothers car sits about 1.5 inches lower then stock and my car sits almost 2 more lower then his. So getting my car off the ground for practicality reasons is a must. Next I'm wanting to also put the new ZR1 Wheels and tires(c6 zr1) on the car. Yes I know I am going to tub the car for so they fit flush just giving you info you may find helpful to help me.

So lets me get to the basic desired product. I want my car not to be a burden while driving around town, I need it to put as much to the ground as it can while maintaining an EXCELLENT ability to take corners fast and aggressive. Plans are for this to be a road course car when ever I feel the need. I'm sorry if this post was to long or even annoying but all information would be very much appreciated. I've already set a MIN cost of 2500 for parts as that was what the BMR set up I threw together on Summit.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

honestly sounds like you have alot you want to do. Contact sam strano at strano parts. I guarantee you wont be dissappointed with talking to him. If theres a part you need he has it and wont jack you around
Old 02-07-2012, 09:57 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey there! Well there are a lot of things you can do to help your car handle better. But first, let's address the topic of your car sitting too low. Our springs are a 1.25-inch drop with a 550-lb linear rate front and 160-lb dual-rate linear rear springs. This will bring your fender to about 26-inches up front and just under 27-inches out back.

Here is an idea of how the car will sit with out springs.
Forum Member Qcon

Secondly, a good set of shocks like the Koni shocks will make your car handle like a dream. We're currently offering a killer deal on our handling package with the Koni singles, sway bars, and lowering springs that saves a lot of money - starting at $1,199.00.

Off-Car Adjustable Koni Package
On-Car Adjustable Koni Package

How serious are we talking here when you say road racing setup. I can set you up with an adjustable panhard bar, rod/poly lower control arms, and torque arm with relocation for under your budget and you'll have an excellent handling car. If you're looking to go with a more affordable shock, we also offer the Bilsteins and Tokicos - which our customers love. That could free up some coin to go with some lightweight A-Arms, which will reduce unsprung weight.

Let me know if you would like any information.
- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Konis, LG G2 springs and
hollow 35 front sway bar and
that thing will handle like it was on rails
Old 02-08-2012, 12:23 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

There is only one vendor here who indeed "turns left, then right". There are lots of parts you buy, and lots of places to buy parts. And everyone will tell you they work great. I've proven it, time and again in competition against cars that were lighter, more powerful, and at times had custom built $4k sets of shocks installed.

Buying parts is easy. Buying the right parts, and then understanding them (why you are, what to do with them once you have them, etc) is the tough part and that's what I can do better, and have the record to prove it. There are video's on my website of me driving (even one of my doing a track day back in 2010 in my old '01 Z28 and pushing a GT3 around, which was on track tires too and driven by one of lead track instructors fwiw.

Edited to clarify: I have shelves full of National Championships in a handling sport, in a number of cars. Lots of people autocross, or run track days, or even road race (and often that's in a class alone or with 2 or 3 others). Well, lots of folks have computers too, doesn't make them an expert (I'm certainly not a computer genius though I work on one every day).

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Last edited by Sam Strano; 02-10-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Teching In

Well I've been drooling around your site Sam and I can say it really has simplified my efforts in looking for parts! Hopefully I'll be a customer in the coming months! Now I'm just going to have to see what I want or need. To be honest the only thing that has made me kind of go hmm is if i should get the big break RACING kit from brembo or street kit.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:57 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I am a vendor and I road race. Just sayin.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like to watch chicks fight ... Just sayin'
Old 02-09-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

since the suspension question was already answered but i know both vendors can provide you with exactly what your looking for but what size c6 rims do you have?
Old 02-10-2012, 11:06 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by TrueTexan
Well I've been drooling around your site Sam and I can say it really has simplified my efforts in looking for parts! Hopefully I'll be a customer in the coming months! Now I'm just going to have to see what I want or need. To be honest the only thing that has made me kind of go hmm is if i should get the big break RACING kit from brembo or street kit.
I'd recommend a StopTech kit over a Brembo. Much more cost effective and great stuff.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!