Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Share BRAKEMOTIVE Long term use review...I want to know

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Share BRAKEMOTIVE Long term use review...I want to know

I really want to buy the Brakemotive kits for my 99 TA. I have heard that the bargain drilled/slotted rotors crack and fail. Now, I have not heard any of the Brakemotive failing yet but I want to know from some of you guys who have had them for a while, if they are holding up.... I want long term reviews.. I already know how great they are when new...
Old 02-19-2012, 11:37 PM
TECH Addict

Nobody has any input??
Old 02-19-2012, 11:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive got their rotors on my gto. havent had any trouble with them but i dont drive my car a whole lot. ive been pretty hard on them a few times and they havent warped at all or ever vibrated any.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Im probably going to just get them... Ill go out and beat the **** out of them and do a review myself.... lol I hear they hold up so Im not really worried...
Old 02-20-2012, 02:17 PM
TECH Junkie

I think any cheaper sets of the drilled slotted rotors out there are probably ok for daily driver usage with some mild @-hole driving. If it's a performance application I'd consider inspecting the holes for any cracks fairly often.

ps. I'm not recommending cheap drilled slotted rotors for a performance application.. just a "what if" situation.

Someone's gotta be the gunea pig once in a while.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I haven't heard anything bad from them. I just got mine Saturday and having a little issue installing the rears, but I think it's just my car not their product. I do know the initial break-in period is required for them to last long without warping.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:46 PM
TECH Regular

A friend of mine had them in his 95 mustang and they seemed great. He put about 5k miles on them with no problems.
I'm also wanting to try them. For the price I have to try lol
Old 02-20-2012, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i just put mine on today so well see
Attached Thumbnails Share BRAKEMOTIVE Long term use review...I want to know-brakes.jpg  
Old 02-21-2012, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

I like them so far, but I also haven't put hardly any miles on them.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I had just the slotted version on my car almost a year now and roughly 14k miles.
No complaints what so ever and also no cracking with mostly 80%HWY and 20%City driving.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:24 AM
On The Tree

I posted this in their sale thread but I'll post it here too.

These rotors and pads are on my car right now and honestly they look terrible. Less then 10k miles on them and there are stress cracks everywhere. The rear ones aren't terrible but they are still obvious. The front ones are to the point where I'll have to replace the rotors within the next month if they get any worse at all. My mechanic said the same thing when I had him look the car over this week. In his words, "dude, your rotors look like sh#$."

And I don't brake hard. In addition, the majority of my driving this year has been backroads and highway.

So yeah. Either I got a bad set or the quality overall isn't too good. I can post pics if people want, but it's night out right now so I'll check this thread in the morning.

Last edited by Azar_Hawke; 02-26-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:20 AM
TECH Resident

I have heard some sets squeak a bit .. Even when you do the break in process 100% right .. Mine squeak a little gets annoying ..I have only put maybe 1000 miles on them if that so idk yet .. But I mean they stop good .. So yeah , right now would I buy another set ? Yeah would I recomend them ? Yeah
Old 02-24-2012, 07:58 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Azar_Hawke
I posted this in their sale thread but I'll post it here too.

These rotors and pads are on my car right now and honestly they look terrible. Less then 10k miles on them and there are stress cracks everywhere. The front ones aren't terrible but they are still obvious. The rear ones are to the point where I'll have to replace the rotors within the next month if they get any worse at all. My mechanic said the same thing when I had him look the car over this week. In his words, "dude, your rotors look like sh#$."

And I don't brake hard. In addition, the majority of my driving this year has been backroads and highway.

So yeah. Either I got a bad set or the quality overall isn't too good. I can post pics if people want, but it's night out right now so I'll check this thread in the morning.

Ive heard of them squeaking before but no one has mentioned them cracking... Thats my main concern. Can you please post pics? I understand that they come with some sort of warranty. Maybe a year? Post up your pics but please dont put negative feedback here. My thread will be deleted for talking crap about a sponsor. They seem like a stand up company and Im sure if you ask nicely, they will take care of you. Good luck man...
Old 02-24-2012, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

I will post pics by the end of the night. I don't mean to talk crap about a sponsor. Like I said, it may just be the particular set I have. Bad batch or something. But the fact is, the drilled and slotted ones on my car right now (and they are from BrakeMotive) do have stress cracks and they aren't old. And I want to be honest about the products I use or have used so that I can help other people.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:04 AM
TECH Addict

You can express your disappointment/problems about a sponsor. Just make sure to do it in an respectful manner in the correct forum... they are a great sponsor from what Ive heard. Im sure they will make it right. Customer service is a big part of my purchase consideration. Let us know how it turns out. Make sure to use a good camera if you can.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:23 AM
On The Tree

Which...is the correct forum? I'm kind of new here.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:50 AM
TECH Addict

Well, you can post pretty much anywhere you want if you have nice things to say.. haha.. If you have problems, put them here....Keep it in pm though until you have no other option but to post a thread...Post up pics of your rotors if you like but try not to bash the sponsor....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-sponsor-feedback-70/
Old 02-24-2012, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

Alright, here ya go, brakes. And I'm currently talking to BrakeMotive right now to fix this. I'll keep you guys updated on how it goes. Sorry for the terrible quality, they are phone pics and I have a dumbphone rather then a smart one.
Attached Thumbnails Share BRAKEMOTIVE Long term use review...I want to know-brakes1.jpg   Share BRAKEMOTIVE Long term use review...I want to know-brakes2.jpg  
Old 02-24-2012, 10:34 PM
TECH Addict

WOW... Those are pretty bad...
Old 02-25-2012, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why are those so rusted? I thought they were all zinc plated so they won't rust? And how long have you had those.

Quick Reply: Share BRAKEMOTIVE Long term use review...I want to know