Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Pics of BMR spring spacers installed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Pics of BMR spring spacers installed?

Been looking for some BMR spring spacers installed. How easy is it to do? Cant Find anything! just on how to do it. Google images, nothing. here no luck. Does anyone have a pic of the spacers installed.? what would I have to do to install two on each side? change any hardware. Thanks guys
Old 06-02-2012, 04:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

the front ones i assume , if so you unbolt the shock at the bottom and let the a arm down a little and put the spacer in and put your shock over that and the two bolts in , easy , i made some myself and used two large nuts to space it up a little. and longer bolts.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, the Front springs. you got pics of it?
Old 06-03-2012, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered some last week so hopefully I'll have some pics soon.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

umm , its not hard , jack the car up take the wheel off , support car , take two bolts and nuts off and put spacers or wahsers and use longer bolts.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the UMI ones. Once you get the wheel off, it takes less than 10min per side

Before

After
Old 06-04-2012, 01:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Location: Fairfax County, VA (You know you're here when you see the bad roads)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont forget you may need a 1/2" longer bolt to remount the shock with the spacer.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:26 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

We do not have any pictures of them installed at this time, but I am going to get some ASAP. They are actually called "shock spacers" because they don't actually move the spring. It moves the mounting height of the shock a half inch, which raises the ride height the same amount. Just like our 1-inch lowering A-arms move the mounting location 1-inch lower. This is nice because it doesn't impact shock travel.

Originally Posted by LS1HIGHLIFE
I ordered some last week so hopefully I'll have some pics soon.
I believe your order went out this morning!

Originally Posted by UMD_Jesse
Dont forget you may need a 1/2" longer bolt to remount the shock with the spacer.
Very correct!
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 06-04-2012, 04:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2
We do not have any pictures of them installed at this time, but I am going to get some ASAP. They are actually called "shock spacers" because they don't actually move the spring. It moves the mounting height of the shock a half inch, which raises the ride height the same amount. Just like our 1-inch lowering A-arms move the mounting location 1-inch lower. This is nice because it doesn't impact shock travel.

I believe your order went out this morning!

Very correct!
Awesome, thanks Kevin!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
umm , its not hard , jack the car up take the wheel off , support car , take two bolts and nuts off and put spacers or wahsers and use longer bolts.
How much did it cost to make your own? I think im gonna just do that..
Got any pics?
Old 06-05-2012, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Correction to some of the posts above

The spacers are only .25" thick but since the shock mounts roughly halfway between the k-member mounts and the spindle, it gives an approx 2:1 ratio meaning a .25" spacer will raise the front .50" give or take a mm

The stock bolts are just over .50" too long anyway so unless you're triple-stacking them, longer bolts are not necessary. In fact, I double-stacked mine for a few weeks and still had one full thread showing beyond the nut

If you want to save a few bucks, just buy some 1/8 thick grade 8 washers and stack them as needed... Just keep the 2:1 ratio in mind
Old 06-06-2012, 10:35 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Our BMR spacers are .5-inch thick and have proven to raise the car approximately .5-inch on the hundreds of vehicles that have installed them. Our customers have told us they need to use new hardware when using these spacers so I would certainly suggest getting new, longer hardware before beginning the install.

(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 06-06-2012, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2
Our BMR spacers are .5-inch thick and have proven to raise the car approximately .5-inch on the hundreds of vehicles that have installed them. Our customers have told us they need to use new hardware when using these spacers so I would certainly suggest getting new, longer hardware before beginning the install.

Thats very interesting... guess you got me there. When was that change made?

...because back when I was mobilizing for deployment, you called me a thief, tried to get me banned, had my review of your customer service deleted, etc, etc, etc, the very shock spacers that caused this entire mess (which I purchased from UMI for less $$) were only .25". The 2:1 ratio I got from you, Kevin, because I remember specifically attempting to sell me two pairs because according to your ratio, one .25" spacer would raise the car a half inch, so two spacers (.5x2=1) would raise the car a full inch...
With all due respect, which is it?
Old 06-06-2012, 11:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice post!
Old 06-06-2012, 02:27 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by VinR1
Thats very interesting... guess you got me there. When was that change made?

With all due respect, which is it?
SA002 has always been 1/2" thick. You are probably thinking about the reinforcement plates that we used to include with the A-arms. We redesigned the shock mount to be stronger, so we no longer include those plates. If memory serves me correctly, those plates were 1/4" thick. However, the purpose of those plates was to reinforce the shock mount, not raise the vehicle.

I hope this clears things up for you. Please feel free to call me or Kevin if you need further clarification. Take care!!

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 06-07-2012, 06:51 AM
TECH Regular

i'm new at this so bear with me. why the shock spacers? for weight transfer for drag racing? tire clearance? road course? please explain any edge i can get on the cheap i'm in..the oldman...
Old 06-07-2012, 07:10 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by oldmano2z
i'm new at this so bear with me. why the shock spacers? for weight transfer for drag racing? tire clearance? road course? please explain any edge i can get on the cheap i'm in..the oldman...
They are just for increasing ride height. If you have lowering springs or lowering a-arms or both and your not satisfied with how low your car is you can use these to put the car at the height you want.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:42 PM
TECH Regular

thank you for the answer. can i run those on my stock suspension? will i have to get a front end align? does it make your struts stiffer to help with body roll? thanks.. the oldman......
Old 06-07-2012, 09:50 PM
TECH Regular

ls1highlife, that is a picture of your car? do you have the spacers installed? it's stance looks cool! what size wheels? i have 27540zr17's all around your front end looks like it is level with back or is my eyesight failing? (which it is glacoma) the oldman...
Old 06-08-2012, 05:11 AM
11 Second Club

thank you for the answer. can i run those on my stock suspension?yes will i have to get a front end align?nope does it make your struts stiffer to help with body roll?nope, that's your swaybar's job ;-) thanks.. the oldman......
ls1highlife, that is a picture of your car?yep do you have the spacers installed?nope, old set-up on 15" prostars and BMR lowing springs and Bilstein struts/shocks it's stance looks cool! what size wheels? i have 27540zr17's all around your front end looks like it is level with back or is my eyesight failing?It was fairly level (which it is glacoma) the oldman...
Just get you a set and see how it will look on your ride, It's an easy install. I'm waiting on my BMR 1" lowering a-arms to get in so I can install mine.

Quick Reply: Pics of BMR spring spacers installed?