Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need 13 inch rotors for 98 camaro with wilwood brakes!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need 13 inch rotors for 98 camaro with wilwood brakes!!!!!!

Hey everybody, need some direction pointing.... I bought a 98 z/28 and i need to replace the rotors. They measure 13 inches in diameter. The car has a 4 caliper Wilwood brake setup on it. calipers, mounting brackets, rotors, and pads are different. But I don't know if the rotors are wilwood or another brand as they have no maker or numbers on them other than the min thickness you can turn them to... they are not drilled, or slotted, but the vents in between the two sides are not just straight up and down, they are curved and the rotors are marked left side and right side. I've been trying to find a company that sells the same size rotors for my car, but not having much luck.... any help would be greatly appreciated.....
Old 08-12-2012, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

did you attempt to fit a C5 13" rotor on there yet?
Old 08-13-2012, 01:14 AM
TECH Regular

contact wilwood. im sure they have/know the replacement part needed
Old 08-13-2012, 08:47 AM
Staging Lane

I looked on advance auto's website, and i tried 98, 01, and 05 corvette's and none of them showed to be 13 inches..... I have been on Wilwood's website, but can only find full brake kits.... I guess I'm going to call them today.... any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Old 08-13-2012, 01:32 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

C6 brake rotors are about 12.8-inches...they round up to 13-inch on "paper" and are a popular choice.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 08-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Staging Lane

I'm not sure if I have even .2 inches to play with without the pads hanging off a little bit.... .1 might work, but from the wear marks on the old rotors there isn't much meat above where the pads meet the surface..... I do need to check into them though and thank you very much for your advice.....
Old 08-14-2012, 01:08 PM
Staging Lane

So, I've talked to wilwood on the phone, its not their rotors.... they don't even make a 13 inch 1 piece rotor. the do make a two piece, but I'm not paying 250 a piece for them. all the Corvette rotors I have looked up are either 12.8 inches or 13.3 inches.....I'm completely lost here guys!!!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Staging Lane

I think I have found the rotors used...... 1991 Corvette ZR1 with HD braking package. if this throws any red flags for anyone please let me know.....
Old 08-16-2012, 06:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fivepointo
So, I've talked to wilwood on the phone, its not their rotors.... they don't even make a 13 inch 1 piece rotor. the do make a two piece, but I'm not paying 250 a piece for them. all the Corvette rotors I have looked up are either 12.8 inches or 13.3 inches.....I'm completely lost here guys!!!!!
You need to find out what kind of rotors you got first.

Wilwood and Revolutionbrakes provide front brake kits for our 4th-gen f-bodies, these are just two of probably multiple retailers selling Willwood big brake kits.

I got mine thru revolution brakes dot com and the kit that I bought came with 2-pc slotted rotors and the 6-piston superlight calipers. They don't offer that particular kit any longer but I know their part number for the entire package so everytime I need new rotors I call them and tell them what my part number was and they look it up and give me the right rotors for my brake kit.

Somewhere there is a receipt for the purchase of the Wilwood brake kit that you got, you just need to find it and find the kit number so you can reorder the rotors from the original retailer who sold the brakes.

Quick Reply: Need 13 inch rotors for 98 camaro with wilwood brakes!!!!!!