Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

custom xpipe torque arm

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 09:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default custom xpipe torque arm

what torque arm options do i have?

I saw a MWC torque arm that was made for true duals, cross member mounted?

UMI makes a torque arm that supposedly clears better than the stamped torque arm

idk what other options i have, lmk what you guys think. I have a custom x pipe that tucks up pretty good using tsp piping
Old 10-29-2012, 04:12 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

You can use our full length torque arms (adjustable or non-adjustable) with the Texas Speed true duals. What most of our customers do is they run the full length adjustable torque arm with our torque arm relocation transmission crossmembers. This give you plenty of clearance for the true duals and allows ample amounts of instant center adjustment and pinion angle adjustment. If there is anything we can do for you let us know.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 10-29-2012, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
You can use our full length torque arms (adjustable or non-adjustable) with the Texas Speed true duals. What most of our customers do is they run the full length adjustable torque arm with our torque arm relocation transmission crossmembers. This give you plenty of clearance for the true duals and allows ample amounts of instant center adjustment and pinion angle adjustment. If there is anything we can do for you let us know.
can you pm me pictures or post some pictures of them installed on a fbody with and without torque arm relocation trans cross member. I bought a bmr DSL and i really wasnt pleased with the clearance, however im happy with your relocation brackets.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

bump.. any other sponsors?
Old 10-30-2012, 11:09 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by LeanPocket
can you pm me pictures or post some pictures of them installed on a fbody with and without torque arm relocation trans cross member. I bought a bmr DSL and i really wasnt pleased with the clearance, however im happy with your relocation brackets.
Our BMR driveshaft safety loop doesn't work with true duals which is why I am sure you weren't happy with the clearances. I do have guys that use our driveshaft safety loop with true duals but the true duals are custom built around the safety loop.

Let me see if I can dig up some pictures for you.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 10-30-2012, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
Our BMR driveshaft safety loop doesn't work with true duals which is why I am sure you weren't happy with the clearances. I do have guys that use our driveshaft safety loop with true duals but the true duals are custom built around the safety loop.

Let me see if I can dig up some pictures for you.
i had a y pipe setup with pacesetter lt's, the 3" pipe rested untop of the DSL so i had all kinds of vibrations and it was very thick type of crossmember so the height clearance wasn't ideal for me. It's just a DSL and only needed it for the track so im not a displeased customer or anything. The bmr relocation brackets havent bent and have done their job quite nicely.

if you could find pictures that would be great. This is the only complaint i have with true duals setup is the fitament of a nice torque arm.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With this setup how much more clearance do you get over stock Torque arm.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

would also like to know this
Old 11-08-2012, 10:13 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LeanPocket
UMI makes a torque arm that supposedly clears better than the stamped torque arm
Thanks for considering the UMI unit, we appreciate it!

When we designed our 2205 torque arm it was designed around the TSP x-pipe.. we wanted to make sure it not only cleared the TSP system but also offered extra clearance to tuck the system up tighter, we can usually gain an extra 1". It should also work well with similar x-pipe systems.

I posted one installed picture below along with a link that has more picture to look at. The torque arm can been seen here- www.umiperformance.com/2205

More pictures HERE

Please let me know if we can help anymore. Thanks!
Ryan

Quick Reply: custom xpipe torque arm