Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SFC+LCAs+Shocks and Springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 09:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SFC+LCAs+Shocks and Springs

Who makes the best for the buck SFC? Weld in or Bolt in, which is better?

Sorry im new to the suspension world.

Also, who makes the best LCAs?

Looking to drop 1-2". Which springs/shocks should i got w/?

Sorry for all the ?'s but rather then drag it all out, i figured id just through it all out. I have a 2000 triple black Z-28 w/ T-tops. Has SLP lid and LM.

I want the car to ride like it does now which is damn near perfect, or better. I dont want it to ride like ****, and **** up the camber and make the tires wear like **** and have to get realigned every ****** week.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:01 AM
TECH Resident

bump bump!
Old 05-23-2004, 12:37 AM
TECH Resident

Well I really like my SLP bolt in sfc's other will say go welded but the bolt ins work fine for me.

As far as springs try some Eibach with some bilstiens or maybe koni?? ( I like mine)

Also try using "search"
Old 05-24-2004, 02:16 PM
On The Tree

Weld in is the way to go. And in my opinion, I don't think anyone makes a better two point SFC than Globalwest Suspension does. I also suggest Eibach pro-kit springs, somewhere around a 1-1.25" drop. Eibach Sportlines are to soft and too low (for me anyways) and Bilstein HDs are great if you don't want to buy Koni's.

But realize your not going to get greatly improved handling with a car that floats around corners like a boat. Bilsteins and Eibachs will make your ride somewhat harsh, but are more than a worthwhile trade off I think. Once you get it aligned and set your camber, it's not going to change much or quickly unless you change some other suspension/steering pieces out (excluding huge potholes and the like).
Old 05-25-2004, 03:05 PM
TECH Resident

bump bump
Old 05-25-2004, 03:11 PM
On The Tree

search search
Old 05-25-2004, 03:50 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What are your goals for the car? The only thing you mention is that you want it to ride like it does now, so why change anything? All of these mods have trade offs; GM built the car the way they did because of their goals, which may or may not be the same as ours.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:18 PM
TECH Resident

I want to drop the car, but in turn i dont want to scavenge its driveability now for looks. Id like it to drive like it does now, but about 1"-2.5" lower.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:40 PM
TECH Resident

bump bump
Old 05-26-2004, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1ownzYOU
I want to drop the car, but in turn i dont want to scavenge its driveability now for looks. Id like it to drive like it does now, but about 1"-2.5" lower.
Well, you're going to have to change the way the car handles if you really want that much drop. 1" is probably doable without changing anything else. You can pull the spring isolators to get about a 3/4th inch drop, beyond that you'll have to cut the springs. Too far beyond 1" on stock springs though and you're going to bottom out the suspension pretty easily. The only way to get a 2" drop without bottoming out is to use higher rate springs, and that's going to affect the ride.