Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Line Lock

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 11:16 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Line Lock

Im going to get a line loc, and i just wanted to see pictures of peoples interiors ware they mounted switches or buttons, becuase im trying to decide ware or how im going to be able to hold the botton down and still have my right hand free to shift through gears. I have a street car so i dont wanto make a hack bracket or have wires hangin around, so i iwanto see some layouts of ware everythings located.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Heres mine I hid the wires with some wire loom to make it look nice.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:31 PM
9 Second Club

ok, now what do you do when you wanto shift gears during the burnout?
Old 07-28-2008, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my plate Beer made me. The line lock is on a momentary & is within reach of my fingertips when in first gear. I never plan to run full slicks, so I have no need for a second gear burnout. I can heat a set of DR's just fine in first feathering it.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not cheap, but this may be an option
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
Old 07-29-2008, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^^^ thats what I was going to recommend.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We do have for our line lock or ABS delete kits an optional shifter switch which connects to the manual shifter shaft right below the ****.

The other option as shown above is to replace the **** with an internal button affixed to the top of the ****. The only negative with the **** is it is can be uncomfortable and/or annoying to shift normally with the button sticking in your palm/thumb area.

There was a recent article in Augusts’ GMHTP magazine article entitled "The Hookup" which showcases one of our linelock products.

On a side note, it is not necessary to shift through gears while heating your tires up with a line lock. Just keep the RPM's below redline while in 1st gear. It is rather easy to feather the gas while controlling the car with the line lock activated.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
We do have for our line lock or ABS delete kits an optional shifter switch which connects to the manual shifter shaft right below the ****.

There was a recent article in Augusts’ GMHTP magazine article entitled "The Hookup" which showcases one of our linelock products.
Yep, got the copy & was checking out the pics. They installed all the switches & LED right in front of the shifter. I may do the same. They installed the front mount kit, I just had the top mount kit delivered to me yesterday. After looking at their setup, almost wish I got the front mount instead.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:13 AM
FormerVendor

The top mount kit is not as stealth as the front mount kit. The top mount kit is slightly easier to install due to the solenoid mounting location. Give me a call, I can help you.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I installed mine today. It was very easy to do, & even though its a top mount line lock, I do like it cuz it made it much easier to install. Heres a few pics. I bought the top mount kit from SJM with the prebent brake lines.
Pics of the line lock solenoid & brake lines

A few pics of where I mounted my LED & button. In the August issue of GMHTP, they mounted the LED & all the switches right there. As you can see, I didnt mount my toggle switch there.

I decided to mount the toggle out of the way, inside & right next to the ashtray.
I got this idea from one of the other posts. They had theirs mounted in the center of
the ashtray, I like to keep a few car wash quarters in mine so thats why I installed it there.

Last edited by flintwrench69; 07-31-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:56 AM
Staging Lane

Im about to order a line lock from summit. Its the slp one. Any one have that one?
Old 11-18-2008, 08:43 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by patchz28
Im about to order a line lock from summit. Its the slp one. Any one have that one?
Their kit appears to be a copy to our front mount kit (see below). We've been manufacturing these kits quite a few more years. Our kit is less expensive and retains more features. Similarities between theirs and ours end with their line configuration only. With our kit, you'll receive a remote mount LED indicator, safety master switch and track approved control switch. Of course all electrical wires and connections are included. Teflon tape or sealant is NOT necessary; the kit is complete even down to a firewall grommet. The LL solenoid comes pre-assembled with pre-formed lines ready to bolt on to your car.

I believe you'll find most have been very happy with our kits and our customer service.

Our kits can be located in the braking section of the website. http://www.sjmmanufacturing.com/cam_brk_ls1.html

Good luck with your setup whichever style you choose.

Last edited by SJM Manufacturing Inc; 11-18-2008 at 08:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Line Lock