Lookin' for locals - Fort Worth (56K Warning)

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lookin' for locals - Fort Worth (56K Warning)

Hey everyone.. I've been on this site for a few months now but sadly, my car has been sitting at my mechanics shop for several YEARS. So, I decided to make a project out of the car.. A little here and little there.. Long story short, my 1995 LT1 Formula is in the process of being coverted over to the Trans Am style body. I purchased my last piece today (the rear T/A hatch ~ tail). I have a paint and body shop lined up and several pieces are already being worked on.. My LT1 motor has been completely torn down, balanced / blue printed (355cid), the 4L60E tranny has been completely re-done as well. The factory exhaust setup was scrapped for Mac headers / Random Technologies Cat / SLP Loudmouth exhaust. The interior has been COMPLETELY gutted to the bare metal and now has a fresh layer of Fatmat.

I've either bought new interior parts all together or had my existing parts re-done to "like new" condition. My seats, headliner, sunvisors & door panels have been re-upholstered, brand new carpet, new freshly powder coated Wolfe Racecraft 6 point roll bar, new glass (kids broke my windows and T-Tops out), like new interior panels, new ZR1 rims and tires, new brakes / rotors, like new OEM tail lights, etc.. The list goes on and on.. I knew I was going to run a supercharger or nitrous so I had the motor assembled accordingly.. I eventually ended up purchasing a Cold Fusion Wet Nitrous Kit (up to 200HP). I am at an impass. Now that my car is going to be ready in about 1 1/2 months, I am debating the nitrous again. Hmmmm.. I am really considering selling the nitrous and going with a supercharger.

I am looking for fellow F-Body locals here in the Fort Worth area, to get to know. What's the old saying? Birds of a feather flock together? ..LOL! Are there any monthly meets (Hooters, Kennedale, etc)??

(Oh, BTW, any locals need any tan interior panels? Formula front or rear bumper cover? Rear Formula hatch? Hit me up.)

Since peeps like to look (or compare) pictures, I have a few to offer:

Old 02-14-2009, 03:21 PM
Ginger Hater

check out Lone Star Muscle, its a link at the top of the Texas Forums for it.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

We need some more pics once you get all those goodies on the car.

I'm interested to see how those colors will go together in the end.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Banned

where exactly are u in ft worth?
Old 02-14-2009, 05:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by drummydummy
We need some more pics once you get all those goodies on the car.

I'm interested to see how those colors will go together in the end.
I'm getting excited myself.. Hopefully, the look will be tasteful.. I'm going for the sort of boring dark green look with a wild Corvette Yellow flair.

Originally Posted by YoTengoUnPanocha
where exactly are u in ft worth?
I'm in the SW Fort Worth area.. you?
Old 02-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

how much compression on the 355? also i may know a guy needing a front bumper cover, if you,ll pm me a price ill see if he's interested.....good luck with your build!!
Old 02-15-2009, 11:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by KING OF THE STREET
how much compression on the 355? also i may know a guy needing a front bumper cover, if you,ll pm me a price ill see if he's interested.....good luck with your build!!
Thanks! We took out the rear gas tank to work on the Racetronix fuel pump.. It was improperly placed in the tank and was not registering any fuel on my fuel gauge. Well, the car had ALL of the rear suspension just hanging there so we bolted everything back up minus the gas tank. As of 11 am this morning, I am looking for a flatbed wrecker service here in the Fort Worth / Haltom City area that won't charge me an arm and a leg to tow it to a paint and body shop.

( BTW, I started a thread on ALL of the stuff I have for sale: https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-cla...mula-sale.html )
Old 02-15-2009, 11:21 AM
TECH Addict

Probably to late to switch form N20 to FI. Generally FI engines are low compression engines and N20 engines are higher compression. You would probably have to change out the pistons and heads to go FI now.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Elite_Hot_Rod
Probably to late to switch form N20 to FI. Generally FI engines are low compression engines and N20 engines are higher compression. You would probably have to change out the pistons and heads to go FI now.
Yeah.. I hit a fork in the road during my build. So, I talked myself into going the N2O route. I can't ever remember why I ever decided on N2O over Forced Induction.. lol. My damn alzheimers is kicking in.. hahaha.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm Mike Hutto

I cant believe no one has said it yet? A bait car from a possible "cop"? Maybe im the only one who smells a donut here.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rapin'Ya
I cant believe no one has said it yet? A bait car from a possible "cop"? Maybe im the only one who smells a donut here.
Hahaha.. Well I can clear a few things up. I'm not possibly a cop.. I AM A COP. LOL. I've been a cop for about 12 years now, but I've been a F-Body owner since 1989 (20 years). As far as donuts go, I bought 6 donuts for the first time in like 5 years, this morning.. hehe.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Staging Lane

thats what i was getting at with the compression question.....either way it should be a fun lt1
Old 02-15-2009, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by officermartinez
Hahaha.. Well I can clear a few things up. I'm not possibly a cop.. I AM A COP. LOL. I've been a cop for about 12 years now, but I've been a F-Body owner since 1989 (20 years). As far as donuts go, I bought 6 donuts for the first time in like 5 years, this morning.. hehe.
this didn't answer the "bait" part of the question. Ha ha. The only thing about such a recognizable car being owned by a cop is that word will spread fast about the green car with yellow accents and wheels. I'm making my mental note.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Rapin'Ya
I don't know so much about that, it looks like it's going to be more of a show car than anything else to me.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PatriotT/A
this didn't answer the "bait" part of the question. Ha ha. The only thing about such a recognizable car being owned by a cop is that word will spread fast about the green car with yellow accents and wheels. I'm making my mental note.
Well I can clear that up too.. It's definitely NOT a bait car. A car that stands out too much like mine would be useless as a baitcar. This is my personal car that I bought when I was in the Marine Corps back in 1995, from Love Chevrolet in little ole Beaufort, South Carolina. If it makes you feel better, I can scribble down my VIN and when I get my license plates, I will give you that info as well. That way, when cars are being stolen, you can stay away from mine.. LMAO!

I don't know so much about that, it looks like it's going to be more of a show car than anything else to me.
That's exactly what I am going for.. Not so much the "show car" thing but being in a ride that looks nice and has better than average performance. What can I say.. It's an LT1. I know it will give me "decent" power but I won't be able to hit track times like a hopped up LSx engine. I also have a pretty decent sound system planned (purchased one of these double din bezels from Kee Audio here on LS1Tech: https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...in-bezels.html ). I've also purchased a Toby bandpass box but it still needs to be upholstered.. The box is pretty darn heavy, so that really hurts my weight ratio (Somewhere around 75 pounds!)

My car is being built the way I LIKE. I like good tunes.. I like quick acceleration.. I like flashy cars (and motorcycles). Haha, when I put it that way, it makes me sound like this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yioJQFrqMXM
Old 02-16-2009, 07:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are in SW Ft. Worth, then you are about 20 minutes from Motorsports Ranch in Cresson, Texas.

On March 14th and 15th, a plague of 3rd and 4th gen F-Cars will descend upon the place and do battle with similar year model Mustangs in NASA-Texas' Camaro/Mustang Challenge.

Here is some video of past racing action ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE-ILKGNH7k

You are cordially invited to come out, hang out and check out the cars and the group. Who knows, you might rethink your plans for that project car of yours.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

paint the car purple
Old 02-16-2009, 01:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mitchntx
If you are in SW Ft. Worth, then you are about 20 minutes from Motorsports Ranch in Cresson, Texas.

On March 14th and 15th, a plague of 3rd and 4th gen F-Cars will descend upon the place and do battle with similar year model Mustangs in NASA-Texas' Camaro/Mustang Challenge.

Here is some video of past racing action ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE-ILKGNH7k

You are cordially invited to come out, hang out and check out the cars and the group. Who knows, you might rethink your plans for that project car of yours.
Yeah.. I've been out to Cresson a few time on my old bike (2001 Suzuki GSX-R 1000). It is fun but it gets expensive. I liked watched those Mazda Miatas run.. those things do pretty good on a road course.

Originally Posted by Dirty 30
paint the car purple
Purple? Why purple? Really, the only thing I am looking for is a WS6 ram air hood. It would be non-functional but I like the looks of it. I just don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it.. LOL.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

i thought u wanted to copy the color scheme of the 98 indy pace car corvette with all that yellow
Old 02-16-2009, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Officer Martinez, it's good to finally see you on the board! Its Joe from Top Koat. The project is finally looking like a car instead of parts and pieces. Hahaha.