WARNING!!!!!Never use PAYPAL! You will get screwed as a SELLER!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 03:05 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WARNING!!!!!Never use PAYPAL! You will get screwed as a SELLER!

From now on when I sale something on this board. I am going to ask for all the money in cash in person or they have to overnight a money order.

Long story. Here goes! Had my Bogarts for sell on here about 2 weeks ago. Got several replys on people interested in buying them. Well one guy was very insistant on getting the bogarts ASAP!

So I said ok. Paypal me a $100 in good faith that you are serious & I will post sold on the rims. Well of course the guy comes back & says he can't do it for whatever reason. So I tell him the deposit is non refundable. That is why I took the rims off the board & posted sold.

So them he says he wants the rims now. So I tell him, OK if you back out again. YOU WILL LOSE THE HUNDRED DEPOSIT!

He says cool & says he will meet me & pay me the rest in person for the rims & tires.

Then the guy comes back & says he wants to back out AGAIN! I told him. You will not get the deposit back then. He says that he offers $50 but wants $50 back. I told him no. I told you if you back out again I will keep your deposit! He says take $50 offer I will have paypal take the money back. I figured since I have all the pm's between us both that paypal would contact me via e-mail & ask my side.

Nope! Paypal take the money out of my account. Now over drawing my account & costing me bank fee's!

Then to add insult to injury I had already bought other rims & tires to replace the rims & tires I thought where sold. Of course this is my own fault! Should have waited.

So I have learned. I will never do buisness through paypal if I am selling somthing. Cause if you are a seller & the buyer doesn't agree just cause he woke up on the wrong side of the bed. He doesn't have to pay you ****!

Last edited by SEB; 03-10-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Same reason I do not use paypal and my Paypal account is still inactive.....had a brand new stock Monsoon CD deck that I let go cheap ($175) still in the box it came in from the dealer, well lady bought it and pay pal'd me the money, I had it shipped that same day, got a tracking number and a put the option that she had to sign upon delivery/pickup...well a week later she tells me she never recieved it, webt up to UPS and got a print our of where it went, and what do you know, she signed for it when it was deliverd with her own damn signature, I scanned it and sent copies to paypal and they still gave her money back and fked me over on the whole deal....PAYPAL blows...
Old 03-10-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Other side of Paypal ...

I bought a MATCO service cart from a guy in Florida who told me upfront he could get it shipped to my door for $75.

Turned out he couldn't and asked for more money to cover the extra shipping. When I began asking pointed questions about the size and weight, he became vague and finally quit responding.

So, I filed a dispute with Paypal. Two weeks later I got a full refund and could care less where the money came from.

But ... I've heard from others that using Paypal as a seller is risky. Seems as though the pendulem has swung the other way.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Whenever I sell something through paypal I make sure and transfer the money to my checking account ASAP instead of having it lingering in the paypal balance. Those idiots don't do any research when it comes to claims, they just debit the funds back out of the sellers account and ask questions later. If you don't have money in your paypal balance they will not go into your checking account.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Launching!

**** paypal, in my for sale post you will see my opinions.

People are like well it's kinda fishy you don't wanna use paypal and I just say well meet up with me in person, mail a money order, or don't buy.

I'm tired of getting screwed by paypal. I mailed a package of 3 xbox's when I used to have a small business and the guy said they were broke...So I said ok send me the xbox's back and I'll give you your money.

So he sends a box a books back to me and I told paypal this but they pulled the money out of my account. Not my paypal account but bank account..
Old 03-10-2009, 04:57 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The moral of the story should be that a "non-refundable deposit" isn't non-refundable in the eyes of Paypal. Post your ads as first with $$ gets the parts, and don't ship until you have your payment in full.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 03-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Banned

There is nothing wrong with backing out of a deal if a better deal is found. I've had 11tybillion people back out of buying my ****. He tried to be nice and offer you $50 for backing out and you said no. It's not like you won't sell those bogarts in a few days. When I was going to buy your seats you said you would deliver them to pearland then you said it was too far and you didn't want to be on the road for so long after telling me you would be on your way sunday, maybe I should get some money for getting my hopes up? Just my opinion but you should have taken the $50 instead of being an ******* about it. You also told him that with large purchases it's always assumed that a deposit is nonrefundable, thats bullshit unless it's stated in the for sale ad. /rant

Last edited by Deerhunter-Z28; 03-10-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
There is nothing wrong with backing out of a deal if a better deal is found. You also told him that with large purchases it's always assumed that a deposit is nonrefundable, thats bullshit unless it's stated in the for sale ad. /rant
What the heck is the purpose of a deposit then?
Old 03-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Corvee
What the heck is the purpose of a deposit then?
I'm aware of what the purpose is. The fact remains, if it's not posted in the original for sale ad it isn't non-refundable.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've used Paypal for hundreds of transactions and have never had one single problem with anything.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:58 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

There is nothing wrong with backing out of a deal if a better deal is found. I've had 11tybillion people back out of buying my ****. He tried to be nice and offer you $50 for backing out and you said no. It's not like you won't sell those bogarts in a few days. When I was going to buy your seats you said you would deliver them to pearland then you said it was too far and you didn't want to be on the road for so long after telling me you would be on your way sunday, maybe I should get some money for getting my hopes up? Just my opinion but you should have taken the $50 instead of being an ******* about it. You also told him that with large purchases it's always assumed that a deposit is nonrefundable, thats bullshit unless it's stated in the for sale ad. /rant
WTF do you think a deposit is then?

We are all men here! I think most would agree a deposit is non refundable. What is the sense in sending it for then.Hey I learned a lesson with paypal & in hindsight would have taken the $50 bucks! But its a lesson learned. Not going to argue about it. Just going move on wiser!
Old 03-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SEB
WTF do you think a deposit is then?

We are all men here! I think most would agree a deposit is non refundable. What is the sense in sending it for then.Hey I learned a lesson with paypal & in hindsight would have taken the $50 bucks! But its a lesson learned. Not going to argue about it. Just going move on wiser!
You're right, we are all men here. I've given deposits back and asked for them back and let the guy keep a little piece, thats how it's usually settled in my experiences. Oh well, good luck.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:37 AM
12 Second Club

you trust me right Sebestian? Take paypal frome me? you know I'll meet you halfway

Jerry
Old 03-11-2009, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
Whenever I sell something through paypal I make sure and transfer the money to my checking account ASAP instead of having it lingering in the paypal balance. Those idiots don't do any research when it comes to claims, they just debit the funds back out of the sellers account and ask questions later. If you don't have money in your paypal balance they will not go into your checking account.
if you dont have money in your paypal account they will send the debt to collections. IMO paypal is very safe for a buyer (if used correctly) but I dont like it as a seller.

I'm aware of what the purpose is. The fact remains, if it's not posted in the original for sale ad it isn't non-refundable.
you could say the same thing abotu it being refundable. if its not posted as being refundable then it is not.

i have refunded deposits sometimes and other times I have not. sometimes I will refund teh deposit if i have another buyer lined up at the same price and the deal goes through.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:49 AM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kornfreak_401
you trust me right Sebestian? Take paypal frome me? you know I'll meet you halfway

Jerry

Yeah Jerry, You know I trust you bro. I have been on here for years & have never had a problem till this last transaction. Oh well. It cost me $28 bucks in bank fees & lost $100 deposit. But its a lesson learned! No hard feelings towards the buyer. But I did get screwed on the deal.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cash in hand... Face to Face.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the deal I just went through. Sorry about all this, I know its a headache. All deposits should be NON-refundable. LOL, that is the whole purpose of a deposit.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:50 PM
TECH Addict

Did you try to dispute it back saying that it was a non-refundable deposit? If so, what did PayPal say?
Old 03-11-2009, 06:47 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CySevans
Did you try to dispute it back saying that it was a non-refundable deposit? If so, what did PayPal say?
I just let it go & took it as a lesson learned.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:28 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
Truth!