New Member in San Antonio...

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Member in San Antonio...

I joined awhile back, and have mostly just been browsing, asking a few questions here and there.
Just curious how many members are in the San Antonio area...
I'm over by Sea World.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im close to 1604 & Culebra. Used to go to the bigs meet everey sat but of course that meet had to get shut down.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camaroboricua
Im close to 1604 & Culebra. Used to go to the bigs meet everey sat but of course that meet had to get shut down.
I used to work every saturday night... I made a few meets though, never stopped to talk to anyone (always so damn packed, never found parking as I got there late) but I loved seeing all those beautiful old school cars! Freaking punk kids have to ruin everything good for the rest of us!
Old 07-29-2009, 10:56 PM
12 Second Club

Thats how its always been though, like the old Best Buy spot. Got kicked out due to Tokyo Drift stunt drivers coming to practice in the lot. Saw on CL theres a new meet somewhere in town, dont remember where right now though. I only go to the close ones to my house though b/c I get really bad MPG in the T/A and it gets expensive really fast. SAFB had a meet last friday at wingstop and that was pretty nice, good food and good people.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd be interested in some near by meets if you could pass along any info you have. I don't like going to far from the house either, because even though the bird gets decent mpgs, gas is still freaking expensive! lol.

Also if there's any local mechanics that would be willing to help a fellow bird owner out, I need some work under the hood!!
Old 07-29-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn, you guys are real close to me. I live by potranco and ellison, heritage actually. I drive a 2000 pewter WS6 and have only been roaming around around the site too.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I live at 1604/Blanco. I actually ran into a guy that was having a pontiac club meeting that the blanco cafe last night, next to the washtub. He said they have monthly meetings there and do shows and stuff. The website was www.classicpontiac.org I believe. I've been looking for G2G as well as cruises/hangouts in the area.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zamora7
Damn, you guys are real close to me. I live by potranco and ellison, heritage actually. I drive a 2000 pewter WS6 and have only been roaming around around the site too.
Yeah, pretty dang close really.
I'm potranco and 1604 (right behind Sea World).
My bird is Bright Silver Met.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
I'd be interested in some near by meets if you could pass along any info you have. I don't like going to far from the house either, because even though the bird gets decent mpgs, gas is still freaking expensive! lol.

Also if there's any local mechanics that would be willing to help a fellow bird owner out, I need some work under the hood!!
Have you checked out the SAFB website?http://maccardi.proboards.com/index.cgi? The meets arent always close but lately they have been around our area. Last kinda far meet was at the Luckey burger on N.W Military but that wasnt too bad.
What kinda work you need done to your car?
Old 07-29-2009, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've browsed their site, but wasn't sure about joining up. I had seen one of their member's cars at Bigs. Had a banner decal on the windshield.

I've got a few leaks here and there... Rear Main Seal is the big one...
Oh, major thing I would like, asap... A/C... lol... it's been so friggin hot lately... Driving windows down doesn't help when you cant speed! haha.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:31 PM
12 Second Club

No joke about the a/c man, its freakin hot at these lights sittin there in 100*+
Get yourself a screen name on our site and get to know the guys, they are always willing to offer some advice with servicing the vehicles and sometimes we get together to work on a members ride.
It free to sign up and you can see what we are up to, like pics and other stuff.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

No joke about the a/c man, its freakin hot at these lights sittin there in 100*+
Get yourself a screen name on our site and get to know the guys, they are always willing to offer some advice with servicing the vehicles and sometimes we get together to work on a members ride.
It free to sign up and you can see what we are up to, like pics and other stuff.
Alright, sounds good, I'll sign up in a little bit. Hey you know any good info on junk yards that have fbody parts?
Old 07-29-2009, 11:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im in 1604 and Culebra as well
Old 07-29-2009, 11:43 PM
12 Second Club

Not really, I usually stick to PNP if im just going to look around. If I really need the part and right away I call HP Salvage. He will have what you need almost always, but since hes a specialty yard and warehouses some of the weather sensitive items, things can get a little pricey sometimes.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not really, I usually stick to PNP if im just going to look around. If I really need the part and right away I call HP Salvage. He will have what you need almost always, but since hes a specialty yard and warehouses some of the weather sensitive items, things can get a little pricey sometimes.
I've been emailing him. Unfortunately he doesn't have what I need atm.
I'm looking for a highrise hatch (preferably silver).
Also in need of a DS mirror mounting bracket (I'm told I have to buy the whole assembly (HPSalvage doesnt have one either). Lol. Lose.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:52 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by chon79
Im in 1604 and Culebra as well
Really, its crazy how theres so many around the area but I dont see them too often. You DD your car? Mine usually only comes out friday or saturday.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
I've been emailing him. Unfortunately he doesn't have what I need atm.
I'm looking for a highrise hatch (preferably silver).
Also in need of a DS mirror mounting bracket (I'm told I have to buy the whole assembly (HPSalvage doesnt have one either). Lol. Lose.
Wow, that sucks. I need a taillight wiring harness and a wiper mounting bracket but I dont ever feel like spending $ on that. So instead I end up spending it on the engine. Last time I went to PNP there were about 6 or 7 4th gens but they were pretty empty, they did have the parts I need but since im prolly the only one looking for a wiper mount im sure there will always be one for when im ready.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I see alot of grandmas driving fbody's around town. Mine is my DD, so keep your eyes peeled for me, haha!
camaroboricua-I just joined your site. Username: Superman.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, that sucks. I need a taillight wiring harness and a wiper mounting bracket but I dont ever feel like spending $ on that. So instead I end up spending it on the engine. Last time I went to PNP there were about 6 or 7 4th gens but they were pretty empty, they did have the parts I need but since im prolly the only one looking for a wiper mount im sure there will always be one for when im ready.
Which PNP do you go to? I know there's one out 37, heading towards Pleasanton, there's one over there by Palo Alto, and I think a few on the southside...
TBH- I've never been to a junk yard... No idea how it works... lol
Old 07-30-2009, 12:10 AM
12 Second Club

Im talking about the Pick-N-Pull on applewhite rd. Which is on off Zarzamora & 410. I think thats the same one you are talking about. Its $1 to get in and theres a price board right at the gates. Then just go walk the 50+ Acres of cars. Theres a chevy and a pontiac section. I might go this weekend if I get paid on time...LOL!